Author Topic: A-26 Invader  (Read 10413 times)

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
Re: A-26 Invader
« Reply #150 on: October 07, 2008, 09:29:56 PM »
Ummm no. The G4M would be a great bomber. And we most certainly do not need the Me323.

The Fw200 was a big, slow, POS with a small bombload.
If we do get the Me-323 we need that to fly it.G4M love to see but it dosent take that much to take 1 out.
Fear and death in the wings, in thrall of those fallen from grace
Petty is as petty does, witness the mass disgrace.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #151 on: October 07, 2008, 09:32:07 PM »
If we do get the Me-323 we need (Image removed from quote.)that to fly it.G4M love to see but it dosent take that much to take 1 out.
The Betty had 1-3 20mm defensive cannons.

And definitely NO to the Me 323 or the He111Z

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #152 on: October 07, 2008, 09:38:36 PM »
The Betty had 1-3 20mm defensive cannons.

And definitely NO to the Me 323 or the He111Z
Aw. But the Betty could go up to  3,000 miles but it catch fire very easy in the first 3 months of the war 200 Bettys were lost.

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #153 on: October 08, 2008, 01:06:42 AM »
I would fly an A-26 ALOT.
Thats my line of thinking, however the he111, and its japanese,italian light bomber counterparts I would fly very little....

A big factor in the propogation of Allied types is that they where just flat out better, but the "best of the best" is still yet to have been seen, and im gonna pull for them on every occasion because I think it will make the MA "MORE" fun.
We are getting there on the number of very capable vehicles/aircraft in this game, and an American boy like myself wants to experience what I can of somthing as special as an A-26 or a B-29.

Hell a plane that served through 3 wars because nothing better could be built, and was only retired because the airframes where falling apart means alot to me.
I gotta show love to the Invader... Still say we need it  :D
Spell checker is for Morrons

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #154 on: October 08, 2008, 01:46:42 AM »
I would fly an A-26 ALOT.
Thats my line of thinking, however the he111, and its japanese,italian light bomber counterparts I would fly very little....

A big factor in the propogation of Allied types is that they where just flat out better, but the "best of the best" is still yet to have been seen, and im gonna pull for them on every occasion because I think it will make the MA "MORE" fun.
We are getting there on the number of very capable vehicles/aircraft in this game, and an American boy like myself wants to experience what I can of somthing as special as an A-26 or a B-29.

Hell a plane that served through 3 wars because nothing better could be built, and was only retired because the airframes where falling apart means alot to me.
I gotta show love to the Invader... Still say we need it  :D

But it's a footnote in WW2 Stephen.  Little use outside of the 9th AF and that was small in the overall scheme of things.   Just cause it's uber doesn't mean it would be the best plane to add to AH.  Lots of much more relevant birds that should come first in my opinion.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #155 on: October 08, 2008, 02:04:20 PM »
But it's a footnote in WW2 Stephen.  Little use outside of the 9th AF and that was small in the overall scheme of things.   Just cause it's uber doesn't mean it would be the best plane to add to AH.  Lots of much more relevant birds that should come first in my opinion.
He-111 Do-17 Do-217 C.R 42 Sm.79 Sm.81 Sm.84 Ki-45 Ki-44 should be added before the A-26 or B-29.

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #156 on: October 08, 2008, 03:11:07 PM »
The A-26 it not ready for HTC it just to much later on when we got more planes and gvs then sure but not now Hs-129 the best for gv killing.

Well you posted something shortly before this that appears to be contradictory.

To all those people saying that the early-war planes should be added first, yes you have a point, but consider that not one of those aeroplanes will fulfill the requirements for a perked bomber.  That is probably the single most important factor in which aircraft should be added next.

The A-26 it not ready for HTC it just to much later on when we got more planes and gvs then sure but not now Hs-129 the best for gv killing.

Actually, the best GV killer is most likely the Il-2.  The B-25H and A-20 are also excellent GV killers.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #157 on: October 08, 2008, 03:16:20 PM »
He-111 Do-17 Do-217 C.R 42 Sm.79 Sm.81 Sm.84 Ki-45 Ki-44 should be added before the A-26 or B-29.

don't forget G.55 italian fighter - although few made, it would really help italian campaigns during FSO or events, even late war it would come to use.

That or adding a drop tank to C205

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #158 on: October 08, 2008, 03:27:18 PM »
don't forget G.55 italian fighter - although few made, it would really help italian campaigns during FSO or events, even late war it would come to use.

That or adding a drop tank to C205
But people are going to say it didnt see that much action i would love to see be added but it not. :(

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #159 on: October 08, 2008, 04:22:04 PM »
Many of these planes would be nice to see on Aces High at some point, but the problem with most of them is that none of them are bombers that could be perked.
O o

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #160 on: October 08, 2008, 04:28:50 PM »
Many of these planes would be nice to see on Aces High at some point, but the problem with most of them is that none of them are bombers that could be perked.
Here a bomber He-111 there you go.

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #161 on: October 08, 2008, 04:41:13 PM »
Here a bomber He-111 there you go.

I said "that could be perked", meaning one that would be a reasonable plane to put a perk point price on.
O o

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #162 on: October 08, 2008, 04:43:21 PM »
I said "that could be perked", meaning one that would be a reasonable plane to put a perk point price on.
We all know Axis bombers arent the best the He-111 Ju-88 are the best the German had.I think the Sm.79 could work that all i think of.

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #163 on: October 08, 2008, 04:50:43 PM »
We all know Axis bombers arent the best the He-111 Ju-88 are the best the German had.I think the Sm.79 could work that all i think of.

I just looked the SM.79 up, and it appears to have quite a good maximum speed, and a decent time-to-altitude, however it's climb rate doesn't seem to be too spectacular.  In addition to this, it has a relatively small bomb load (only 2,645lbs), and its defensive armament is minimal. 

Those attributes do not look like they are anywhere near suitable for a perked bomber.  Again, I don't see anything else that would be a perkable bomber, other than the A-26.
O o

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #164 on: October 08, 2008, 06:24:05 PM »
I just looked the SM.79 up, and it appears to have quite a good maximum speed, and a decent time-to-altitude, however it's climb rate doesn't seem to be too spectacular.  In addition to this, it has a relatively small bomb load (only 2,645lbs), and its defensive armament is minimal. 

Those attributes do not look like they are anywhere near suitable for a perked bomber.  Again, I don't see anything else that would be a perkable bomber, other than the A-26.

But it the best i can think of. :(