Author Topic: Palin - “Hold me accountable.”  (Read 1793 times)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Re: Palin - “Hold me accountable.”
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2008, 01:06:22 PM »
I dont get it...if she has broken a law then charge her with a crime and have a trial.  Otherwise this is just another waste of taxper money and isn't worth participating in.
If she used unofficial e-mails to communicate details that prove she broke the law, then it will take time, and possibly her cooperation to get to the bottom of the mess.  Since, she has deemed a "republican led" investigation to be "too political", she just refuses to cooperate.  If she is innocent, then why not cooperate?

or to use your words, "I don't get it, if she hasnt broken a law, then why not cooperate?" :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2008, 01:08:04 PM »
Hey look another "look at me!!! LOOK At me!!" thread from Skydork.....

I'ts like your trying to be like Mac, but less funnny.

:rofl
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2008, 01:08:45 PM »
The worst kind of person is a hypocrite! 

Palin - "I am for change......unless that change affects my power."

(snickers)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2008, 01:09:04 PM »
Since, she has deemed a "republican led" investigation to be "too political", she just refuses to cooperate.

Wrong again.  Hollis French, state senator and democrat, is the leader.

Care to stick to the facts, or would you prefer to keep making this up as you go along?
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline scot12b

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2008, 01:09:58 PM »
< :aok
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 01:11:33 PM by scot12b »

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2008, 01:18:52 PM »
If she is innocent, then why not cooperate?

Why cooperate with something that is shaping up to be a smear campaign? Let's not forget, the investigation is being led by a democrat.....(there are 14 on the committee but the leader is a democrat.)

If she used unofficial e-mails to communicate details that prove she broke the law,

We don't know that as a fact yet either. She may have, she might not have. In light of the fact that so many things that have been said about her have turned out to be bogus, I think I'll wait for more information, it is the reasonable thing to do.  :)
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2008, 01:31:29 PM »
Obviously Skyrock can not concern himself with the facts or back up his blatant lies.

Very petty and juvenile.  I really wish this forum had the ignore option.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2008, 01:43:54 PM »

She was not subpoenaed.  She is not required to.  Perhaps the real reason she is now unwilling to talk, is that Democrat Senator Hollis French has turned the investigation into a political media circus.  Maybe had he conducted the investigation with in the confines of the committee instead of in the court of public opinion and media smear, she might be more willing to cooperate.

Actually, wrong again.  Several legislators voted against it.
yeah, before they voted for it.  :rofl   Several as in what? 3?  2?   :rofl

"The McCain campaign said on Monday that Palin, who was not subpoenaed, was unlikely to cooperate."  Taken from AP article http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jOTk11gvqDAgD0cY3i4WjI_2YOxwD938QSNO0

Skyrock, if you are going to quote something, at least quote it without changing the words.  It make you seem so much more believable and non-biased.

ANCHORAGE, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is unlikely to speak with an independent counsel hired by Alaska lawmakers to review the firing of her public safety commissioner, a spokesman for Republican presidential candidate John McCain said Monday. Spokesman Ed O Callaghan initially said Palin, the Republican nominee for vice president, would not testify as part of the probe"  

He did say, "she would not testify", he just changed his words later. :aok

dig through her political past to find something that glaringly says she should not be VP.  My bet is you can't
I've seen enough to know I don't like her, she's a wacko nut case with a thirst for power.  

*Once in office, Governor Palin decided to continue
litigation that seeks to overturn every subsistence fishing determination the federal government has ever made in Alaska. (State of Alaska v. Norton, 3:05-cv-0158- HRH (D.
Ak).) In pressing this case, Palin decided against using the Attorney General (which usually handles State litigation) and instead continued contracting with Senator Ted Stevens' brother-in-law' s law firm (Birch, Horton, Bittner & Cherot).

The goal of Palin's law suit is to invalidate all the
subsistence fishing regulations the federal government has issued to date to protect Native fishing, and to force the courts instead to take over the roll of setting subsistence regulations. Palin's law suit seeks to diminish subsistence fishing rights in order to expand sport and commercial fishing.

**Palin has also sought to invalidate critical
determinations the Federal Subsistence Board has made regarding customary and traditional uses of game, specifically to take hunting opportunities away from Native subsistence villagers and thereby enhance sport hunting.

Palin's attack here on subsistence has focused on the
Ahtna Indian people in Chistochina. Although the federal district court has rejected Palin's challenge, she has carried on an appeal that was argued in August 2008. (State
of Alaska v. Fleagle, No. 07-35723 (9th Cir.).)

In both hunting and fishing matters, Palin has continued uninterrupted the policies initiated by the former Governor Frank Murkowski Administration, challenging hunting and fishing protections that Native people depend upon for their
subsistence way of life in order to enhance sport fishing and hunting opportunities. Palin's lawsuits are a direct attack on the core way of life of Native Tribes in rural Alaska.

***Given past court rulings affirming the federally
recognized tribal status of Alaska Native villages, Palin does not technically challenge that status. But Palin argues that Alaska Tribes have no authority to act as sovereigns, despite their recognition.

So extreme is Palin on tribal sovereignty issues that she has sought to block tribes from exercising any authority whatsoever even over the welfare of Native children, adhering to a 2004 legal opinion issued by the former Murkowski Administration that no such jurisdiction exists (except when a state court transfers a matter to a tribal court).

Both the state courts and the federal courts have struck down Palin's policy of refusing to recognize the sovereign authority of Alaska Tribes to address issues involving Alaska Native children. Native Village of Tanana v. State of Alaska, 3AN-04-12194 CI (judgment entered Aug. 26, 2008) (Ak. Super. Ct.); Native Kaltag Tribal Council v.DHHS, No. 3:06-cv-00211- TMB (D. Ak.), pending on appeal No
08-35343 (9th Cir.)). Nonetheless, Palin's policy of
refusing to recognize Alaska tribal sovereignty remains unchanged.

****Palin has refused to accord proper respect to Alaska
Native languages and voters by refusing to provide language assistance to Yup'ik speaking Alaska Native voters. As a result, Palin was just ordered by a special three-judge panel of federal judges to provide various forms of voter assistance to Yup'ik voters residing in southwest Alaska. Nick v. Bethel, No. 3:07-cv-0098- TMB (D. Ak.) (Order
entered July 30, 2008). Citing years of State neglect, Palin was ordered to provide trained poll workers who are bilingual in English and Yup'ik; sample ballots in written Yup'ik; a written Yup'ik glossary of
election terms; consultation with local Tribes to ensure the accuracy of Yup'ik translations; a Yup'ik language coordinator; and pre-election and post-election reports to the court to track the State's efforts.

In sum, measured against some the rights that are most fundamental to Alaska Native Tribes - the subsistence way of life, tribal sovereignty and voting rights - Palin's record is a failure.

She's a hate filled moron.  Plain and simple. :aok
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 01:45:27 PM by SkyRock »

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2008, 01:50:47 PM »
<snip>
I am a hate filled moron.  Plain and simple. :aok

Fixed.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2008, 01:58:36 PM »
So based on her decision to review the roll of subsistence fishing and hunting of native tribes and the refusal to provide interpreters to voters, you feel she is unfit to lead.

She has been ordered to do so with regards to language assistance and is complying, why not let the review be completed and facts be presented to back up your cut and paste frenzy.

Maybe, her concern over their hunting and fishing practices borders on something important like the collapse of an ecosystem whereby they (the natives) would no longer be able to be self reliant.  Perhaps she may want them to change their practices so that does not happen...?

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2008, 02:17:08 PM »
Maybe, her concern over their hunting and fishing practices borders on something important like the collapse of an ecosystem whereby they (the natives) would no longer be able to be self reliant.  Perhaps she may want them to change their practices so that does not happen...?

An entire herd of caribou was annihilated by *subsistence hunters* while I was stationed in Alaska. Game Wardens kept patrolling with aircraft trying to assure the survival of the last 25 Caribou in the herd. Unfortunately, they were not in time to stop several native hunters from killing the last 25 caribou. Those individuals annihilated an entire herd with no thought to the future.

I am sure there is more to this story than what Skyrock is telling us.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2008, 02:17:47 PM »
BAH! didnt read the full topic, thought palin was looking for someone to hold her  :uhoh
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2008, 02:18:27 PM »
I think what skycrock is trying to say is....

"my boy is getting his butt kicked by a wo...wo... woman.. and I got nuthin"

lazs

Offline Kaw1000

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2008, 02:31:06 PM »
See Rule# 5 on just about every thread!

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2008, 03:02:27 PM »
Wrong again.  Hollis French, state senator and democrat, is the leader.

Care to stick to the facts, or would you prefer to keep making this up as you go along?