Author Topic: Your thoughts on the Typhoon?  (Read 3777 times)

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
Re: Your thoughts on the Typhoon?
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2008, 09:52:59 PM »
When i do a Typhoon run (which is rarly ever) i pick in it, as it should be obvious its not an average turner. I dont treally fly the Typhoon though, i normally a do a Tempest run if im doing a Typhoon, just because i almost have to try and die to get killed. The Typhoon is just a lumbering piece of aluminum with an engine, guns, wings to me.
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2008, 11:11:40 PM »
The Typhoon is fat, ugly and rubbish! haha :P
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline KooLBreeZ

• Zinc Member
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2008, 01:38:11 AM »
 :O my favorite plane! Helps to have pedals, but once you get use to it  :rock !

Offline beau32

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2008, 07:05:21 AM »
Yeah, I got pedal's, it helps out a whole lot.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

"There is always a small microcosm of people who need to explain away their suckage."

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2008, 08:11:17 AM »
Hey everyone, just wondering what your thoughts are on the Typhoon. I seem to be getting a good bit of success in it lately. Though it does have its low points. Very poor roll rate, and a very vulnerable radiator. It does retain speed pretty well. The 20mm Hispano's are deadly. Anyway's, I just want to know what everyones thoughts are on this aircraft. I have learned that if flown right, she will treat you very well. And any pointers will be helpfull. Thank You and have a great weekend.

LuvMonky

A very nice light bomber.  It can double as a bath tab also.  Oh, good for pick and runs also  :D

Hi Betty
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline LaFever

• Zinc Member
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2008, 09:46:13 AM »
With that big growth under it's nose it looks about as odd as an 80 y/o man doing the 100m hurdles with his walker held above his head :confused:

On the other hand the SeaFury was a sexy beast :aok

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2008, 05:14:55 PM »
Everyone under estimates the typhoon. All you hear is "its a ground attack plane" " its too heavy" "its a brick with wings"...HOWEVER not many people take the time to learn it. You can turn the typh, not for long period of time but it can be done. I'm glad to hear there are more people interested in learning it. I am more than happy to DA any of yall to help if you need. Keep in mind...i will NOT give out all my secrets but I can give some advice :)
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2008, 05:22:16 PM »
What's the ideal convergence setting for the canons on that bird?

Its flying time is short but wow, what a great bird to have for a field vulch   :devil

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2008, 05:27:04 PM »
flew it today for a sortie. Was at 7K and dove with a lot of lead onto a deck 262 and I couldn't catch him, and he was turning around down there too...I hate when it automatically pulls you out at 450, but what are ya gunna do...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2008, 05:29:37 PM »
To me the Typhie represents a Brit airplane development industry that was at its peak towards the end of the war. Including btw arguably the best jet fighter, and, the brains behind the powerplant of the best jet of its time, the MIG-15.

I do a lot of attack and when were getting pounded by a nearby small airbase I almost alway pick a typhie with rockets to take out the ords. Its gun pack is premier. And its such a brick its the best to force over shoots with I believe. Most of all against LAs.

I cant say I fly it often but I do like it.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2008, 06:40:47 PM »
Everyone under estimates the typhoon. All you hear is "its a ground attack plane" " its too heavy" "its a brick with wings"...HOWEVER not many people take the time to learn it. You can turn the typh, not for long period of time but it can be done. I'm glad to hear there are more people interested in learning it. I am more than happy to DA any of yall to help if you need. Keep in mind...i will NOT give out all my secrets but I can give some advice :)

dont forget bath tab  :D

I am up for some lesons
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Online Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2008, 08:40:23 PM »
The Typhoon is fat, ugly and rubbish! haha :P

Just think of it as bubba your cellmate, you might think bubba is ugly, but bubba think's you're reaaaaaaaaaaaaal preddy - and you thinking he ain't preddy won't stop him from making you his ***** :)

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2008, 09:36:57 PM »
Just think of it as bubba your cellmate, you might think bubba is ugly, but bubba think's you're reaaaaaaaaaaaaal preddy - and you thinking he ain't preddy won't stop him from making you his ***** :)

ohhhhhhhhhh snap! well put!!!  :rock
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2008, 10:33:22 PM »
LOL LOL LOL tell Bubba she looks pretty.

I'd like to take a trip to see the last real Typhoon  someday, it's in Northern London at the RAF museum there. Sucks there is only one left, such a beautiful airplane.
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2008, 12:12:43 AM »
LOL LOL LOL tell Bubba she looks pretty.

I'd like to take a trip to see the last real Typhoon  someday, it's in Northern London at the RAF museum there. Sucks there is only one left, such a beautiful airplane.

omg! that would b coolies billy! take me wit u when u go! :)
~~~The Killuminati~~~