Author Topic: The Daily Show or the Colbert Report  (Read 532 times)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Re: The Daily Show or the Colbert Report
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2008, 11:48:13 AM »
Pretty much spot on Eagl.

I used to enjoy Stewarts lampooning of the stupidity of the media and politics. As of late, he's become a little shrill.

The 'special report' teams still have their moments... but it's not enough to carry the show. The Samantha Bee Slots and Rob Riggle (see the one when he went to Berkley to interview hippies about the Marine Recruiting Office? Freakin classic) and the little scrawny Brit.. funny stuff. The slots with Lewis Black are usually pretty good too.

Colberts show was a runaway hit at first... ' Papa Bear'.. OMFG, that stuffed dildo O'Reilly lampooned perfectly. 'The Word' was a hoot to watch... there used ta be something funny in there. His guest quality has slipped lately, the writing seems a bit stiff. Could be the times, could be me.. could be he's just too comfortable. Still has his moments tho...

I still watch 'em both.. maybe it'll improve again after the election.

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2008, 11:53:26 AM »

I still watch 'em both.. maybe it'll improve again after the election.

I've switched to watching UFC fights instead... They're shown in the same timeslot on cable.  It's refreshing to see people beating each other up without pretending to be saving them from the evil Boosh, and shaking hands or even showing true friendship when the fight is over.

Politics are dirty, and comedians playing politics is like trying to be funny when playing in s**t.  Monty Python could (and did) pull that off, but Steward and Colbert are not even in the same league as Monty Python.

Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2008, 11:55:48 AM »
Stephen Colbert all the way baby.

Remember, he wants to get rid of all the bears that steal all the honey. :noid
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2008, 12:05:07 PM »
Stephen Colbert all the way baby.

Remember, he wants to get rid of all the bears that steal all the honey. :noid

:mad: You knock down a hive and stick your muzzle in it.  It's well deserved honey.   Sir!