Author Topic: Your take of Aces High.  (Read 1905 times)

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
Re: Your take of Aces High.
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2008, 05:41:58 PM »
I play for fun. I enjoy my squad's company. I'm always interested in little tidbits of history behind these aircraft/vehicles. I enjoy seeing others have fun flying with or against me. I don't care if I'm next to the worst fighter pilot in the game. That is beside the point.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline John Curnutte

• Nickel Member
      • Precisionsquad.org
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2008, 06:20:07 PM »
I enjoy this game alot with no wife and grown kids I got time to play , and its got a great set of people who play also . I'm not one of the hotshots but its fun and theres alot of bang for the buck it keeps a guy outta trouble , and my squaddies are some of the finest folks I've had the pleasure to meet with out them it would just be a game .
                                                                  Nutte
Don't be afraid to put it out there , if it gets cut off it'll grow back
On your mark , Get set , go away !

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2008, 06:47:36 PM »
I play because my wife bought me this cool japanese wwii pilot outfit. Soooo before i log on, i put on my "uniform" grab my japanese flag in one hand a glass of saki in the other. I then start screaming all the japanese i know very loudly in quite the menacing tone. At this point the kids start getting scared, which in my mind means im "ready".  I then start my flight, most the time i just get hoed by some niki, in a very
nasty manner i might add, resulting in me throwing the cat across the room, really hard. So take note: when you ho, a cat gets hurt.

so, i just fly for fun and because i hate that cat.

(whats left of) ---->zuii
:rofl
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline j500ss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2008, 06:59:24 PM »
Personally, I really enjoy FSO and flying with my squad, They are a fantastic bunch  :rock. I really don't fly in MA much as I hate flying alone, but if a squaddie or two in in the arena, I'm in! I also tend to spend too much time in the TA, but then I really need the 1v1 practice and there is usually some one who will help ya out whenever ya need it in there. Plus ( or maybe minus  :lol) I do like to help out someone when I can and know an answer to a ? in the TA, it is somewhat rewarding. A giving back, to those who were generous enough to help me so to speak.

<S>

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2008, 07:04:33 PM »
I really enjoy flying with my squadies, doing fighter sweeps, letting them die, killshooting them, DOH who said that?!
Taking bases and actually figting for them is what my squad does. No NOE's, we climb to 7K to make ourselves known.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2008, 07:09:49 PM »
I fly purely for fun.

Mostly for the laughs.  I have some great squaddies that I fly with you have about the same idea of fun as I do which helps greatly. We all pretty much fly for the laughs and the joking around.

We don't do much of the base capture/ win the war operations but instead spend time doing our special kind of ops, which usually results in a quick trip back into the tour.  :lol
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline LaFever

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2008, 09:21:36 AM »
I love aviation and WWII history. Fun for those reasons alone but then there's an appreciation for what the actual pilots DID day in and day out that sometimes hit s me. A rolling scissors for us is a walk in the park. In R/L someone was maybe 2 sec from death and the permanent variety. (less if he was flying a realistically modeled F6F :lol)  I'm also a stats junky. AH and the aircraft in it generate plenty of neat stats to look at.  Combine the above with an excellent "competition/hunter/killer" fix and you have first-class cartoon fun! :rock

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2008, 09:29:42 AM »
When I was a very young kid and giving my mother fits, she used to drive me over to the local airport to watch the planes take off.  The rest is history :D
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Fugita

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2008, 09:31:58 AM »
It keeps me out of the Bars and Wh**ehouses.

My wife really appreciates that.

:salute HTC for being an important part of a happy marriage.

Offline lowfly

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2008, 09:33:58 AM »
Of course it is flying with my new squadmates.  The Black Aces.  It is also sooo many other things.  The WWII aviation aspect of it i love!  Flying the planes that all my hero's flew is something very cool.

But i think the best partof the game is the ever changing tactics. Let faces folks, we are flying and fighting against other REAL pilots. not some computer generated, AI lacking pilot who will level out in the middle of a furball. It is the thrill of the hunt and the narrow escape as you get a check 6 call and then get that guy or gal off your tail or watching your squadmates level a city (It was a nice run there, bomber guys!).  The value for the money isnt that bad either.  All in all a great way to kill some time!

Don't run....you will only die tired

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2008, 04:14:55 PM »
 I  fly in AcesHigh simply Bcuz I have a Dr.'s Rx to do so....

:noid :noid :noid

Offline Martyn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2008, 04:37:52 PM »
I just love old airplanes. I'm a crap pilot - but I just love those planes.

You hear of the politicians, the generals, and you even hear stories of the heroes who fought the enemy face-to-face - but the engineers were at war too. They were designing and building better planes/weapons to help their guys in the field. I don't think many designers/engineers got medals - but they should get some sort recognition.
Here we are, living on top of a molten ball of rock, spinning around at a 1,000mph, orbiting a nuclear fireball and whizzing through space at half-a-million miles per hour. Most of us believe in super-beings which for some reason need to be praised for setting this up. This, apparently, is normal.

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2008, 04:50:35 PM »
Internet crack.

:O
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2008, 05:24:17 PM »
I just love old airplanes. I'm a crap pilot - but I just love those planes.

You hear of the politicians, the generals, and you even hear stories of the heroes who fought the enemy face-to-face - but the engineers were at war too. They were designing and building better planes/weapons to help their guys in the field. I don't think many designers/engineers got medals - but they should get some sort recognition.

Interesting.. I've thought the same.

It took a lot of manpower and ingenuity to win that war. It was a helluva generation!

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2008, 06:12:27 PM »
For what reason do you fly Aces High? Is it for flying with squadies and having a good time? Is it a place to come home from work and relax?

I play Aces High for flying with squadies from both of my squadrons (364th and JG11) and for the Special Events.

History! " although this is far from it " and it is a nice distraction from the chaos of most days! Oh and channel 200, cause it makes me laugh  :aok