Author Topic: Mid war arena  (Read 9273 times)

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Mid war arena
« on: September 22, 2008, 02:18:12 PM »
Well , I went into the mid war arena today, it was my second visit there.

The 1st time I went and upped a plane, and although there were maybe 10 guys in there, I could find no-one to fight.

Today was the second time I went in.

They must have a lot of cows in there or something.

1st (and only) plane I encountered was a 190 who promptly HO'd me.(no complaint there, at least he tried to engage me)

So I re-up and "try" to encounter him again.

Alas to no avail , run climb run climb run climb run run run ,at about 10 minutes after the engagement began and at aprox. 20k,I gave up.

I didn't even try to make it back to my base, I just ditched in the nearest field.

All the while, Rook bases are dropping like flies. There were no Rooks on the roster , aprox 8 Nits , 2 Bish.

Is this the way it always is in the MW?

If so, I can now understand why it is usually comparatively empty.

I thought I would go into the MW and actually learn something.

I guess I did.

Very Disappointed,

Boner

"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: Mid war arena
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 02:23:23 PM »

Yes. It's even worse in the EWA.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 02:37:24 PM »
Yes. It's even worse in the EWA.

Yes much worse. Went in the EW Saturday evening to fly Hurri Is for some SEC practice. There we 11 rooks about half that number of Knights a 1 bishop. Four squaddies followed me in for practice so we all went Bishop. Immediatly one of the EW toughboi's starts calling one of our guys a spy on 200. Then the same clown starts challenging everyone to duel for accounts. One of our guys accepted and told him to meet in the DA, he wouldn't go he wanted to duel in the EW. It was a bizzare experiance. Something like Deliverence meets AHII. :lol

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 02:45:47 PM »
Something like Deliverence meets AHII. :lol

Funny you should mention that because it's exactly the feeling you get in the EWA although I haven't been in EW or MW since the tours were split.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 02:50:45 PM »
Yea in early war their is one squad that dose nothing but own it to milk run and get perkies for gawd knows why.And mid is a lot the same but... i have got a good fight their before,not been their in a few months though.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 03:38:06 PM »
The MW arena isn't all that bad, for the most part you can find some very good fights.  However, there are certain Rookie and Bishop squadrons that use the MW to milkrun and pad their scores.  You can usually spot those that are padding their fighting ranks by flying a couple of vulch flights under Fighter to get a high K/S and K/D stats.  Then they'll score each 'fighter' flight under Attack to preserve their fighter score/rank.

But truth be told, you'll find this same exact behavior in both LW arenas, the EW and to a certain extent the DA as well.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 03:40:51 PM »
EW. It was a bizzare experiance. Something like Deliverence meets AHII. :lol

Ya shure gotz a purty plane der boi !!

Squeal like a buzz bomb boi !! squeeeeeeeeal !! :O
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Geophro

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 03:54:06 PM »
I still find that it is easier to find a good fight in MW as opposed to EW or either LW.
Easier is a relative term, of course.  Some nights I fly a P-40E at 5K around in an enemy dar ring and RTB on fumes and never get an upper in 4-5 sorties.  That, or I'll get 3 uppers at once but at least it's a faster way back to the tower (once they climb to 15K and engage).
Lately, I have been slumming in GV's since the fights have been so poor.
There are still several very good sticks in the MW that are looking for that same fight.
Unfortunately I am not one of them (K/D=.0002 or thereabouts), but if you see me on I am willing to keep throwing cartoon planes at anyone that offers an interesting fight until they get bored of killing me.
Jephro
Dying as Geophro Tour 91-Tour 104
Getting kills is easy.  Earning kills is better.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 04:36:24 PM »
   Once the LWs fill up, players should have to goto the MW or EW.

~AoM~

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 04:52:41 PM »
Well , I went into the mid war arena today, it was my second visit there.

The 1st time I went and upped a plane, and although there were maybe 10 guys in there, I could find no-one to fight.

Today was the second time I went in.

They must have a lot of cows in there or something.

1st (and only) plane I encountered was a 190 who promptly HO'd me.(no complaint there, at least he tried to engage me)

So I re-up and "try" to encounter him again.

Alas to no avail , run climb run climb run climb run run run ,at about 10 minutes after the engagement began and at aprox. 20k,I gave up.

I didn't even try to make it back to my base, I just ditched in the nearest field.

All the while, Rook bases are dropping like flies. There were no Rooks on the roster , aprox 8 Nits , 2 Bish.

If so, I can now understand why it is usually comparatively empty.

I thought I would go into the MW and actually learn something.

I guess I did.

Very Disappointed,

Boner

what times do you go in there? i log in when i can around 9ish eastern time, and generally there's anywhere from 20 to 50 members logged in there. on occasion, it's hard to find an air battle, but not normally. yesterday(sunday) i logged in around noon eastern, and although only about 19 in the arena, i had not too much trouble finding fights.
 the only bad thing was that one of them was a new guy(he seemed pretty cool, so i can't call him a noob as i think that's a bit disrespectful) that was warping all over the place in his b24's.  had one guy in a pony that did nothing more than to try to drag me into his ack. other than that, i had about an hour or so of fun fights.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 04:55:33 PM »
The MW arena isn't all that bad, for the most part you can find some very good fights.  However, there are certain Rookie and Bishop squadrons that use the MW to milkrun and pad their scores.  You can usually spot those that are padding their fighting ranks by flying a couple of vulch flights under Fighter to get a high K/S and K/D stats.  Then they'll score each 'fighter' flight under Attack to preserve their fighter score/rank.

But truth be told, you'll find this same exact behavior in both LW arenas, the EW and to a certain extent the DA as well.

ack-ack

That is the benefit of being in the lowest #'s country though. I love killing a formation of bombers trying to pad score on our bases at 5k.  :D

BUT, Mid War was a bit more funner IIRC in about december of last year. Me and a squaddie would always go at about 10pm and fight till 2 or 3 am.
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2008, 04:56:06 PM »

ack-ack

only time i don't like it in mw, is when i see a lone p38 being flown smartly......cause i know it's you about to kick my assss :rofl :rofl

btw.....i never got that film?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2008, 04:57:56 PM »
Unfortunately I am not one of them (K/D=.0002 or thereabouts), but if you see me on I am willing to keep throwing cartoon planes at anyone that offers an interesting fight until they get bored of killing me.

i call BS on that. i've fought you, and seen you fight others......you are a much better stick than you think you are, and fights with you are always fun!
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2008, 05:00:09 PM »
Mid war has been fun for me. 1boner maybe your timning is off.
 I come in about 7:30 - 9:00 PM and stay for a couple hours. There is always at least 18 people on and have seen it in the upper 50's during the week. Lots of bombers and hordes to break up. It is true that there are MANY in there that just want to take undefended bases. I think that arena gets reset a minimum of twice a day :(

BigComplainer, now known as strict9 and dexture both fly there padding there scores with 2nd acct. vulches but there are many more that come there just to perk farm and leave.

The kills seem easier but at times the gangbanging can get to be frustrating.

What MW needs is a few more squads and players to join in. I usually switch to the lowest # side once I get there which fits my personality and fun level better. I still enjoy taking a base or two,  but for the most part I just go looking for trouble killing ammo, barracks and dar which helps dampen the horde affect.

BTW...I've found the 110 to be an excellent bomber killer while there :)

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2008, 05:02:40 PM »
Since they can't hack it in LW (especially the heaviest populated LW arena) lame-o's go to ghost town arenas and gobble up bases like it means something when your attacking an enemy and the enemy isn't home.  Probably kids, mainly.  It's their mama's $15 bucks.

ROX