Author Topic: Mid war arena  (Read 9276 times)

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
Re: Mid war arena
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2008, 05:20:07 PM »
Since they can't hack it in LW (especially the heaviest populated LW arena) lame-o's go to ghost town arenas and gobble up bases like it means something when your attacking an enemy and the enemy isn't home.  Probably kids, mainly.  It's their mama's $15 bucks.

ROX

No,... I found out a lot of them are grown men...and they really do get excited when they take one :rofl

I mentioned the 110 because there was a horde of mainly lancs and 110's coming in to take a base. i defended it as long as i could killing 10 and disabling 2 before they finally got me.  I was the only defender and within 3 minutes of going down they took it. I gloated on 200...since I never got 10 kills in a 110 before... and all they could say was "well we got the base anyway :)  For me it was a very enjoyable flight that could only have been made better with a partner or two <S> all.

My squad name there is the low number side but might change it to "Out to ruin your day"  as a joke  heheh

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2008, 05:25:17 PM »

No,... I found out a lot of them are grown men...and they really do get excited when they take one :rofl

:lol

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2008, 05:26:13 PM »
Wow...ya learn something new everyday.

ROX

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2008, 05:36:20 PM »
Since they can't hack it in LW (especially the heaviest populated LW arena) lame-o's go to ghost town arenas and gobble up bases like it means something when your attacking an enemy and the enemy isn't home.  Probably kids, mainly.  It's their mama's $15 bucks.

ROX
And how is this different than flying in LW with 20 other guys NOE to some far flung undefended base and circlejerking each other about how great you are?

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2008, 05:53:55 PM »
Since they can't hack it in LW (especially the heaviest populated LW arena)...
That, sir, is the exact elitist a-hole attitude that keeps me from frequenting either LW arena.  You guys in there know little more than how to gangbang in your uber-rides and talk smack.  That for me is not why I pay to fly.

What MW needs is a few more squads and players to join in.
My squad will be flying MW starting next tour.  We've grown tired of EW - it's gotten very boring, with the low numbers and milkers who care only about their score and rank.  I won't go into LW much (see above).
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2008, 06:32:33 PM »
That, sir, is the exact elitist a-hole attitude that keeps me from frequenting either LW arena. 

I think Rox was just kidding; certainly no reasonable person could really believe that.  Recently I've stepped into the LW and the MW arenas, and I haven't found any significant differences in the quality of the fights to be had (if any).

And sure 'nuff I didn't see any elite people in either place!

- oldman

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2008, 07:28:41 PM »
I think Rox was just kidding;
I didn't see any smilies or (jk) or (lol) or anything that would convey any emotion in the text. If Rox was kidding, I didn't get the joke, and I apologize for my gruff reply.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2008, 07:35:29 PM »
Since they can't hack it in LW (especially the heaviest populated LW arena) lame-o's go to ghost town arenas and gobble up bases like it means something when your attacking an enemy and the enemy isn't home.  Probably kids, mainly.  It's their mama's $15 bucks.

ROX

Oh please, the notion that those that fly in the MW or the EW arenas can't hack the LW arenas is laughable, especially coming from you.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline FireDragon

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2008, 07:44:49 PM »
UHHHH ive seen some knights milking also...... Anyways some of the best fights ive had are in the MW... You have to hit it at the right time..... AkAK is always a good fight in there as is the AK's that ive run in to .........slapshot in an fm2 is a great fight and the list goes on and on.... Most of the time its dead in their timing is everything....

<S<>

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2008, 08:08:03 PM »
And how is this different than flying in LW with 20 other guys NOE to some far flung undefended base and circlejerking each other about how great you are?
Well the LW guys did this hand thing
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2008, 09:12:15 PM »
well that was fun! :rofl :rofl
Flying since tour 71.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2008, 09:56:36 PM »

The guys I saw today were attacking and taking Rook bases.

There were NO rooks in the arena. So there was NO chance of someone watching the map and catching them.

There were 2 Bish--we let them know we were there.

They chose to continue taking rook bases, until there were about 8 of them--THEN they came at us.

You guys are probably right about the "timing" .

But I also noticed that these guys seemed to suddenly disapear when the arena started to get a couple rooks on the roster.

Yeah it was different.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Iron_Cross

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2008, 11:17:03 PM »
Stang, could those guys have been from the S.O.A.R. squadron?  They are the reason I never frequent the EWA, any more.  Just asking, so I won't visit the MWA and see their milking, donkey bottoms.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2008, 11:31:39 PM »
But I also noticed that these guys seemed to suddenly disapear when the arena started to get a couple rooks on the roster.

They ran over to the EWA to continue fighting toolsheds unmolested.  And they are grown men and they do give a hearty round of WTG's every time they capture an undefended base.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2008, 02:41:23 AM »
Stang, could those guys have been from the S.O.A.R. squadron?  They are the reason I never frequent the EWA, any more.  Just asking, so I won't visit the MWA and see their milking, donkey bottoms.

They rarely frequent the MW arenas anymore.  They found out that sometimes that undefended bases isn't so undefended after all and left for the milkrunning paradise that is the EW arena.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song