Author Topic: Squad KOTH  (Read 3301 times)

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
Squad KOTH
« on: September 22, 2008, 08:19:22 PM »
Well, I am waiting for the Map to be released.  Its done, just needs to be uploaded the the arena server to be used.

The rules I am going to try to keep simple.  They will be similar to KOTH we have now with few exceptions.  1 obviously being able to have wingmans, ganging and squad vox.  Alt cap I think will be 8k.

I am going to request to that in order for a squad to participate, they need to have at least 4 to 6 members (Haven't decided a final # yet) up to 12 (again, not sure on max #).  If squad that registers with, lets say 6 pilots and the rest of the squads register with 10 or more, All squads will only be able to fly with 6.  This will keep the body count fair at the start. 

This event is going to require to be registered.  If u register with 6 pilots, 6 pilots better show up for the event for your squad or u forfeit.  If U show up with more, U ok but again, If a squad registered with 6 and u have 10, only 6 of your pilots will be able to fly at 1 time.  Now U can substitute pilots for others but only at the next round.

I going to try to describe the map to yas.  The map consist of a large circle in the middle with I believe 6-8 smaller circles around the large one.  The smaller circles are attached to the large circle by a canyon.  This is basically the only way to enter the large circle without going above 20+k.  Depending on how many squads sign up for this, the squads will take off from the airfields in the smaller circles.  There are 3 airfields per small circle.  3 squads will battle in that circle and then when 2 of the 3 squads are all dead, the winning squad travels through the canyon to the large circle to fight the other squads that one there initial battles.  now in the large circle, U maybe fights 4-maybe 15 other squads.  If u lose members in the small circles, u stuck with how ever many pilots u have left up for the Large circle.

I think the first event will be a test run to see how things are setup and what needs to be adjusted.  After that, we will start the competition for the year.  Not sure yet if it will be a TOC for squad, if we will do a point system like nascar or something like the NFL wins-lose-tie (ex. 8-2-0) type setup.

Ideas are welcomed.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
Re: Squad KOTH
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 11:23:55 PM »
Awesome!!!!
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 01:25:42 AM »
Very cool, AKDogg :aok

Will this be a US-friendly or Euro-friendly event, time-wise?  Or will it be at a time both can make?

(Maybe it's time to start sending in the scotch and asking for an additional special event arena ;) ).
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 04:52:14 AM »
Well, That a interesting ?  guess it depends how much of a hit it is.  Maybe Fuzeman or another Cm might be able to help out with that.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 05:34:22 PM »
Im all for it. I had a blast in the previous KOTH, and I saw a post on my squad forums about this, hope theyre all interested! <S>, hope this works out Dogg
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 06:24:37 PM »
One suggestion...  How about instead of having to register 6 guys, and if only 5 show up you forfeit, you're able to accept worse odds and fly 5 on 6?

Just say, "The max number of people who can fly for one squad is 6 (or whatever).  Squads who cannot field this number may play, but will be disadvantaged."

Maybe put in a minimum number (50-75% of max) of players that must participate so it is actually a squad KoTH and no squad with 6 has an outrageous advantage.  This would also put the blame on a few squaddies and not just one poor guy :D

I forsee a few event problems and reasons for internal squad angst if one guy has a personal issue and can't make it at the last minute.  Smaller squads that want to participate could be particularly susceptible to these issues.

I understand that if one squad has 6 and comes against a few squads that only have 4 in their circle, they'll have an advantage that might help them win the event, but is winning the most important thing?  I'd rather see everyone have fun and not have people turned away at the door, grumbling about the guy who couldn't make it.  Besides, squads have unit pride, and what group wouldn't accept slightly worse odds?  I don't think they'd fly this event if they wouldn't :)
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 09:30:20 PM »
Good point Vudak
BMathis

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 11:01:32 PM »
Isn't this just another form of squad to squad dueling?
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 01:04:58 AM »
Isn't this just another form of squad to squad dueling?

More like squad to squad to squad...  to squad to squad dueling :)
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 07:28:59 PM »
This gives an opportunity to work wingman/group tactics per plane sets. I think it should be tons of Fun... and Beer
BMathis

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 06:14:29 PM »
Got the squad to agree to join in on this. Count us officially in Dogg.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 09:59:02 PM »
Rambling thoughts on SKOTH...
With regards to numbers, say you have strict numbers, have to have 5 vs 5 no ifs ands or buts. One guys has bad weather and gets knocked out, then what? Auto forfeit because of numbers or fight on? Ideally, and boring for someone, it might be good to have one more person there for the squad, in case someone gets discoed or has connection problems. In KOTH we've all seen that plane dancing all over the place. In regular KOTH cant do much but in a squad KOTH you could have an alternate waiting or on call in another arena.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 05:45:33 PM »
Sounds great, I'll see if any of the 80th are interested :)
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2008, 01:24:20 PM »
The Damned is interested and wants to participate in this " Squad KOTH "..........
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2008, 06:06:58 AM »
Do you have a est. time line ?
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.