Author Topic: King Tiger  (Read 5046 times)

Offline bigrich

• Copper Member
Re: King Tiger
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2008, 09:53:39 PM »
*sigh*just something someone can drop bombs and shoot from the air, it is 2 slow and turret spins very very slow it would be a good defensive weapon and being able 2 break through heavy defense;even though AH doesn't really have none, it would be a good defensive weapon only and that's it
fear the FW-190 D9
And the Butcher Bird(190 A-8)

Offline **CLONE155**

• Zinc Member
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2008, 06:26:31 AM »
I would say sure lol, too bad i only fly German.

:salute

Just do what I do, pretend you are a german spy and stole the plane!   :aok

:noid

Offline RMrider

• Silver Member
      • http://
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2008, 12:10:41 PM »
Just do what I do, pretend you are a german spy and stole the plane!   :aok

:noid

:lol

But then Vilkas would shooot me down in his field gun for being in a russian or british plane.  :aok    :rofl
MDStampf - JG11 'Sonderstaffel'
Sgt Stampfli, USMC

Offline TwinEng

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2008, 07:01:14 AM »
No more perked GV's of ANY KIND until we buff pilots get another perked Buff.

This game is becoming way too heavily biased against the Bomber folks.

Offline 442w30

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2008, 09:19:44 AM »

I agree the Tiger perk value is just to much. If I had it my way Id have the Tiger at 30, the Sherman Firefly at 15, and the T-34/85 at 10.

T34/85 at 10?  I'd never up one unless it were on my base with 10 supplies laying around for turret repair and if those conditions were met, I'd up a Tiger anyway.  The T34/85 seems to have a fair perk price. Enough to dissuade a person from upping it due to the weak turret.  Same for the M4, if it were at 15, I'd see no reason to not up a Tiger instead. 

King Tiger...  maybe after a few other things and with a hefty perk cost.  Modeled correctly it would be tough to injure with bombs except for direct hits or very close hits with BIG bombs.  Against the rest of the tank set it would be near invulnerable.  The gun on it is much superior to the Tiger I gun as well. 
Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time

"The plural of anecdote is no data."- statistician's axiom

Offline bigrich

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2008, 01:14:28 PM »
the tiger II gun was also used on the jagdpanther heavy tank destroyer it was a AP round fired at twice the velocity because of the longer barrel on the KT and Jagdpanther. When ever the allies faced a KT or jagdpanther it would hold up a armored column or infantry division for a long time before either the jagd or KT was destroyed or it ran out of ammo
fear the FW-190 D9
And the Butcher Bird(190 A-8)

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2008, 01:48:21 PM »

I agree the Tiger perk value is just to much. If I had it my way Id have the Tiger at 30, the Sherman Firefly at 15, and the T-34/85 at 10.

Why perk the T34/85 at all? The panzer is still a better ride.
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline BoSoxFan

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2008, 02:08:17 PM »
T34/85 at 10?  I'd never up one unless it were on my base with 10 supplies laying around for turret repair and if those conditions were met, I'd up a Tiger anyway.  The T34/85 seems to have a fair perk price. Enough to dissuade a person from upping it due to the weak turret.  Same for the M4, if it were at 15, I'd see no reason to not up a Tiger instead. 

Right now the tiger is set to at 30, the M4 at 4-5, and the T-34/85 at 3. The tiger is almost useless because of the M4. Its gun is just as powerful and way more accurate. Why would you roll a tiger and risk all those perks when a M4 can just take it out with one shot from more then 2.5k out. Back when you heard a tiger coming in you would roll a tiger and hope youare a better shot. Now you just roll a M4 and who cares if you die. You can have five more chances to kill him and still be under the cost of a tiger.

I don't know why people are crying about the /85s turret Its looks like longer a M4 turret and the M4s is hard to get a hit without it ricocheting. I haven't had any problems with its turret.

Here are the stats for the M4 and 34/85s turret

Sherman VC

Turret Front: 76mm
Mantlet: 25.5mm
Turret Sides: 51mm
Turret Rear: 51mm
Turret Top: 25.5mm

T-34/85

Turret Front: 94mm
Mantlet: 59mm
Turret Sides: 75mm
Turret Rear: 52mm
Turret Top: 20mm

The 85 turret is better in every way except from the top. All I really have to say is if you're going up against a M4 in any tank be prepared to take hits. But on the other hand the tank is still new and may be fixed in the next patch.

Why perk the T34/85 at all? The panzer is still a better ride.

You can't be serious.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2008, 02:58:53 PM »
ignore my photo some diot put it out there as a king tiger when its just a tiger

Thats not even a tiger, thats a Leopard!

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2008, 03:01:36 PM »

You can't be serious.

Very serious. The 85s turret is easy to take out. The hull is very resistant though. I've been turreted many, many times and returned the favor just as many. The 85 is nothing even close to uber and not even remotely deserving of a perk cost.
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline BoSoxFan

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2008, 03:17:14 PM »
Please give me examples of why the turret is easy to take out? Why isn't the 85 "remotely deserving"?

Offline macerxgp

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2008, 03:20:56 PM »
Please give me examples of why the turret is easy to take out? Why isn't the 85 "remotely deserving"?
Get some perk points for GV's, then actually take the 85 into combat against someone who KNOWS how to GV rather than a dweeb that thought "oh look, TANKS! LETS TRY EM!"
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 03:42:25 PM by macerxgp »
Quote from: Saurdaukar
Operational kettles in August 2009 exceed operational pots by approximately 142%.

Your comparison is invalid.

DeMaskus
357th-Death Dragons

Offline BoSoxFan

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2008, 04:26:10 PM »
Get some perk points for GV's, then actually take the 85 into combat against someone who KNOWS how to GV rather than a dweeb that thought "oh look, TANKS! LETS TRY EM!"

Lets see I don't need to get any since I had a few thousand. I have taken the 85 out into combat, against who is something I cant control, but I have only received damage twice. One turret hit while I was on a hill at an angle that was showing part of that large, flat, thin top of the turret. I spotted a M4 around 1100 out I took two shots the first missed right in front and the second hit his front hull. While I was firing at him he got off three shots one behind one in front and the third hit to the top-front of my turret. The second time was my 85 vs another 85. I was rolling through some trees and spotted him when he was getting his first shot off from my 4 o'clock from 800 out. It hit and took my engine out. With my remaining forward momentum I was able to turn to my forward armor to him and got a shot off while he was reloading. It hit dead center of his frontal hull armor and he exploded. I towered out afterward and for some reason he was awarded a kill.

Right now these are my stats:

Kills In  Kills of  Killed By  Died In
T-34/85       10         1         0          2

« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 04:27:54 PM by BoSoxFan »

Offline 442w30

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2008, 07:12:52 PM »

Right now the tiger is set to at 30, the M4 at 4-5, and the T-34/85 at 3. The tiger is almost useless because of the M4. Its gun is just as powerful and way more accurate. Why would you roll a tiger and risk all those perks when a M4 can just take it out with one shot from more then 2.5k out. Back when you heard a tiger coming in you would roll a tiger and hope youare a better shot. Now you just roll a M4 and who cares if you die. You can have five more chances to kill him and still be under the cost of a tiger.

I don't know why people are crying about the /85s turret Its looks like longer a M4 turret and the M4s is hard to get a hit without it ricocheting. I haven't had any problems with its turret.

Here are the stats for the M4 and 34/85s turret

Sherman VC

Turret Front: 76mm
Mantlet: 25.5mm
Turret Sides: 51mm
Turret Rear: 51mm
Turret Top: 25.5mm

T-34/85

Turret Front: 94mm
Mantlet: 59mm
Turret Sides: 75mm
Turret Rear: 52mm
Turret Top: 20mm

The 85 turret is better in every way except from the top. All I really have to say is if you're going up against a M4 in any tank be prepared to take hits. But on the other hand the tank is still new and may be fixed in the next patch.

You can't be serious.

Actual figures of what the armor thickness is completely moot unless you are 100% sure that HTC modeled it using that data and perfect programming to fit the armor model.  My favorite GV is the M4 which I up most of the time.  However I have upped some T34/85s lately and find they are easy to turret and be turreted in.  Maybe you haven't been upping enough of them to have enough data.   
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 07:24:46 PM by 442w30 »
Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time

"The plural of anecdote is no data."- statistician's axiom

Offline BoSoxFan

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2008, 08:17:50 PM »
Those are actual figures of thickness from the real tanks. I HIGHLY doubt that HTC will not model their models from the real thing. I have upped enough to see that if there was something wrong I would have been getting alot more damage.

Some of you may not know how strong some of the tank guns are. Take the PzrIV H gun the "75 mm KwK 40 L/48" the shell weighed 15lbs and traveled at almost 2,600'/sec. and at 1000m could still penetrate 85mm at 30 degrees. That means if you're hit from the side of back by a panzer in the turret you're out of action.

I painted a picture showing how thick 85mm at a 30degree angle is.