Author Topic: David Letterman speaks the truth..  (Read 4681 times)

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Re: David Letterman speaks the truth..
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2008, 09:19:27 AM »
If the McC team has any brains they are doing this to take control of the economic issue.

The current Treasury/Fed/Administration plan screws the taxpayers and rewards the dipshirts that caused the problem.

This is an opportunity for McC to show his inner maverick again. He can distance himself from EeEEv111lll Boosh, the Wall Street Elite and stand up for the average American taxpayer.

Allan Meltzer has a better plan: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/business/july-dec08/bailouttalk_09-23.html

This guy Ian Welsh has a better plan:http://firedoglake.com/2008/09/19/how-to-bail-out-ordinary-mortgage-holders-and-not-just-banks/

If McC uses this opportunity to come up with something like what these guys are proposing he looks like a leader, he looks like he's for the taxpayer and he looks like he really is the one that will bring change to this sordid mess in DC.

But... he may just go business as usual, flub around doing nothing of import and completely lose the election in the next two weeks.

Could go either way. :)

We have a vice president for a reason. The VP is there to get things done that the President can't do and to take over running the show if the President is no longer able to do so.  Sorry but you can't just up and cancel out running the country for a few days if the president is incapacitated. You know it as well as I do that this was the perfect opportunity to show the American people that she is ready to take the helm and they just showed she isn't.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 09:23:24 AM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2008, 09:21:45 AM »
Letterman has been in the tank for Dems for years and has been ripping on McCain from the very beginning. He says he can't make fun of Obama because he would look racist. Of course that never stopped him from making fun of Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and Condoleezza Rice.

It's kinda like saying Rush Limbaugh speaks the truth about Obama.

There may be some truth in what they say but they are going to slant it to favor their side.

Of course pretty much any talk show host is going to slant one way or another. That's just human nature. However can you honestly not say that he has a valid point about this? I mean really if she is supposed to be ready to take control of this country, why can't she take control of the campaign for a few days? It's a very vaild question.
"strafing"

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2008, 09:22:12 AM »
 What a buncha crap.Letterman brought in someone that didnt like McC to replace him and they took pot shots at him.Go Dave.
  McC decided to do the job he was elected to while Obama decided not to.I love all the spin on it.This will bite Obama in the ass.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2008, 09:23:18 AM »
crap......not worth it....nevermind.....
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2008, 09:24:59 AM »
What a buncha crap.Letterman brought in someone that didnt like McC to replace him and they took pot shots at him.Go Dave.
  McC decided to do the job he was elected to while Obama decided not to.I love all the spin on it.This will bite Obama in the ass.

Yet again.. not one of you can actually focus on the question being raised, but rather have to resort to bashing the person asking the question.

I guess that means you guys all agree with him..  :rofl
"strafing"

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2008, 09:25:51 AM »
Isn't Biden a sitting US Senator as well? He better have have his butt parked in his seat doing his job right along side McCain and Obama. This is important stuff going on (700 BILLION worth of taxpayers money looking to be handed out) and they OWE it to the people that put them there to do their damn jobs, Presidential Campaign be damned.
  Your not allowed to make this look like someone is doing the job their being paid to do.Shame on you. :lol

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2008, 09:27:24 AM »
Yet what does Palin have to do other than campaign? You have to admit this was the perfect time McCain could have given Palin the reigns and let her prove to America that she is ready to do the job. Yet it seems even McCain doesn't believe she is..
  For one Palin wasnt voted to congress.Obama and McCain were.Its their job.They should BOTH be there in on this matter.Anything else shows their more worried about an election than the country.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2008, 09:28:00 AM »
What are you rambling about?

You have three sitting Senators in this race, Obamessiah, McC and Bidenmytime. All three of those dicks ought to be in DC taking the lead on resolving this problem WITHOUT SCREWING THE TAXPAYERS.

THAT would be CHANGE. THAT would be something millions of us could get behind.

You think a few more bland-planned-not-to-offend scripted stump speeches are more important? You think a debate on foreign policy and national security is going to reveal any new positions from either of these guys? You think they will do anything besides answer the question they want to answer rather than the one that was asked?

You would rather see how they SAY they would act in a time of trouble rather than see what they DO in a time of trouble?

Pfffft.  
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2008, 09:32:07 AM »
  For one Palin wasnt voted to congress.Obama and McCain were.Its their job.They should BOTH be there in on this matter.Anything else shows their more worried about an election than the country.

What are you talking about? Palin is the number two on the Republican ticket. She should be quite capable of taking over the campaign while McCain goes to Washington to deal with the economy. She doesn't have to be in congress to run the campaign, she is a damn state Governor and McCain doesn't seem to trust her enough to let her run the campaign a few days. His best option was to close up shop rather than let her run it. 

I know how he feels though, because I can't stand woman drivers either.. :lol
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 09:35:19 AM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline Kaw1000

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2008, 09:37:00 AM »
still haven't figured out what angle they are trying for, I mean, if it's to look concerned then never should they cancel their campaign, it's the campaign of his that is supposed to bring change and by the looks of things, we need it.  

I'll tell you what he trying to say....Like all liberals...instead of looking at the important things
that need attention, they think of ways to make the GOP look bad so hopefully
it will make them look good.

WHO GIVES A CRAP ABOUT WHAT LETTERMAN SAID?? We have a country going down in flames
and crocket and his liberal idiot friends want to spread a bunch of bullcrap to make their
party look good, instaed of thinking of ways to save our country...tipical liberal lies and bull.
See Rule# 5 on just about every thread!

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2008, 09:37:51 AM »
Yet again.. not one of you can actually focus on the question being raised, but rather have to resort to bashing the person asking the question.

I guess that means you guys all agree with him..  :rofl

For 1.Its not the campaign thats at issue.Its a debate between Obama and McCain.Not Obama and Palin.Its a debate for the presidency.Not between Obama and Palin.
 McCain decided to go do the job he was elected to do while Obama said he will campaign and "They will call me if they need me."  Wow.So decisive. hes chewing that 800 bill bailout a new butt but he doesnt have time to go do the job he was elected to do and work on it.Yup.Hes all about change fur sure.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2008, 09:38:48 AM »
Letterman has more class in his right pinkie than Oreily has in his whole soul. :aok

What flavor Kool-Aid do you drink?   :D :D

O'Reilly lets his guest talk, and even gives them the last word.  Even those he disagrees with.  Letterman is the opposite.  Letterman has no class.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 09:42:37 AM by Dago »
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2008, 09:40:25 AM »
I personally make all my really important decisions based on opinions of comedians and talk show hosts.

Very good point, and since I have some self-respect, I don't hold up a comedian as someone who "speaks the truth".   :rolleyes:
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2008, 09:43:21 AM »
What are you talking about? Palin is the number two on the Republican ticket. She should be quite capable of taking over the campaign while McCain goes to Washington to deal with the economy. She doesn't have to be in congress to run the campaign, she is a damn state Governor and McCain doesn't seem to trust her enough to let her run the campaign a few days. His best option was to close up shop rather than let her run it. 

I know how he feels though, because I can't stand woman drivers either.. :lol

I find it funny that your taking a statement made by a comedian talk show host so freakin serious.  Your formulating your whole opinion on it. Just because you think it's a valid point, what makes you think McCain and Palin, or even Obama or Biden for that matter think lettermans statement means anything?  By your logic because letterman said that Palin should run the campaign she should, if letterman said we should nuke a country, we should?
From your posts, i think you'll run on ANY statement by ANYONE that has ANYTHING bad to say about a republican.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 09:51:20 AM by Speed55 »
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline Niceguy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2008, 09:45:14 AM »
What are you rambling about?

You have three sitting Senators in this race, Obamessiah, McC and Bidenmytime. All three of those dicks ought to be in DC taking the lead on resolving this problem WITHOUT SCREWING THE TAXPAYERS.

THAT would be CHANGE. THAT would be something millions of us could get behind.

You think a few more bland-planned-not-to-offend scripted stump speeches are more important? You think a debate on foreign policy and national security is going to reveal any new positions from either of these guys? You think they will do anything besides answer the question they want to answer rather than the one that was asked?

You would rather see how they SAY they would act in a time of trouble rather than see what they DO in a time of trouble?

Pfffft.  

I agree but I will do one better.

Obama and McCain are now the elected leaders of their parties so they need to be in the middle of anything big that goes on in Washington. Whether they actually help or not is not important. They must show the others in their party what direction they want them to go and that they are now in charge. Saying people will call you if needed is not leading.

How can you expect to lead your people when you are in the back of the line?