Author Topic: David Letterman speaks the truth..  (Read 4628 times)

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Re: David Letterman speaks the truth..
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2008, 09:49:25 AM »
I find it funny that your taking a statement made by a comedian talk show host so freakin serious.  Your formulating your whole opinion on it. Just because you think it's a valid point, what makes you think McCain and Palin, or even Obama or Biden for that matter think lettermans statement means anything?  By your logic because letterman said that Palin should run the campaign, if letterman said we should nuke a country, we should?
From your posts, i think you'll run on ANY statement by ANYONE that has ANYTHING bad to say about a republican.

What I find funny is not a single one of you can address the question being raised, but rather have to attack the status symbol of Letterman being a comedian. I think you know deep down that what he said is true, you just can't force your self to admit it.

Oh and yea, I'm sorry that I take decisions made by someone who might be running my country in a few months seriously. Maybe if people took these kinds of decisions seriously we wouldn't have a sitting lame duck, as president right now.
"strafing"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2008, 09:52:48 AM »
I agree but I will do one better.

Obama and McCain are now the elected leaders of their parties so they need to be in the middle of anything big that goes on in Washington. Whether they actually help or not is not important. They must show the others in their party what direction they want them to go and that they are now in charge. Saying people will call you if needed is not leading.

How can you expect to lead your people when you are in the back of the line?

This isn't a question about if McCain or Obama should be in Washington helping with the economy crisis. This is a question about Palin ability to lead if needed. it appears she isn't ready, if McCain can't even have her lead his campaign for a few days.

As I said before, the country doesn't just shut down if the President can't be there to do his job. That's the exact reason wed have a Vice President, so there is someone there to stand up and lead if the need arises.
"strafing"

Offline Kaw1000

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2008, 09:54:18 AM »
Do you have nothing more to talk about than this idiotic topic??

Great smoke screen!!

Hollywood    lolololol
See Rule# 5 on just about every thread!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2008, 10:00:48 AM »
This isn't a question about if McCain or Obama should be in Washington helping with the economy crisis.

Of course it is.

As I said before, the country doesn't just shut down if the President can't be there to do his job. That's the exact reason wed have a Vice President, so there is someone there to stand up and lead if the need arises.

Right now the job of the TWO SENATORS that want us to make the PRESIDENT should be to get to DC, take the lead in the Senate for their party and resolve this thing WITHOUT SCREWING THE TAXPAYERS.

There's CHANGE. There's LEADERSHIP in troubled times.

The campaigns are minor BS; always have been. They get 30 seconds on the evening news. BFD.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2008, 10:01:33 AM »
This isn't a question about if McCain or Obama should be in Washington helping with the economy crisis. This is a question about Palin ability to lead if needed. it appears she isn't ready, if McCain can't even have her lead his campaign for a few days.

What exactly do you expect her to do?Debate Obama? I mean whats your point here.She shouldnt have to debate Obama as he should be in Wash doing his job instead of saying he will wait for a call to say hes needed.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2008, 10:01:47 AM »
What are you rambling about?

You have three sitting Senators in this race, Obamessiah, McC and Bidenmytime. All three of those dicks ought to be in DC taking the lead on resolving this problem WITHOUT SCREWING THE TAXPAYERS.

THAT would be CHANGE. THAT would be something millions of us could get behind.

You think a few more bland-planned-not-to-offend scripted stump speeches are more important? You think a debate on foreign policy and national security is going to reveal any new positions from either of these guys? You think they will do anything besides answer the question they want to answer rather than the one that was asked?

You would rather see how they SAY they would act in a time of trouble rather than see what they DO in a time of trouble?

Pfffft.  

:aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Niceguy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2008, 10:05:34 AM »

You seem to be missing the point. McCain wants to stop his campaign till they solve this problem so there will be no distractions. Sending Palin out so the press can crucify her about what she named her kids or if her husband had an affair with her daughter will draw attention away from the real problem.

BTW McCain is not the President yet so Palin is not the VP so she does not have to "cover" for McCain yet.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2008, 10:06:29 AM »
I'll tell you what he trying to say....Like all liberals...instead of looking at the important things
that need attention, they think of ways to make the GOP look bad so hopefully
it will make them look good.

WHO GIVES A CRAP ABOUT WHAT LETTERMAN SAID?? We have a country going down in flames
and crocket and his liberal idiot friends want to spread a bunch of bullcrap to make their
party look good, instaed of thinking of ways to save our country...tipical liberal lies and bull.
nah, I was talking about why McCain would "shut down" his campaign, it doesn't seem he would have to.  Just wondering what the angle is?

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2008, 10:07:24 AM »

O'Reilly lets his guest talk, 
which Oreily are you talking about?

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2008, 10:08:03 AM »
Sometimes I think Rosie O'Donnell starts these threads to prove her blinders are still in place.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2008, 10:09:51 AM »
What I find funny is not a single one of you can address the question being raised, but rather have to attack the status symbol of Letterman being a comedian. I think you know deep down that what he said is true, you just can't force your self to admit it.

Oh and yea, I'm sorry that I take decisions made by someone who might be running my country in a few months seriously. Maybe if people took these kinds of decisions seriously we wouldn't have a sitting lame duck, as president right now.

I find it funny that you have to take a statement made by someone else and make a big stink about it, instead of formulating your own opinion. If letterman didn't say that, would you have even thought about it, probably not.

Personally i think it's a stupid question, that doesn't even deserve an answer, and here's why.

I'm not running for president, or vice, so i'll let them figure out what to do, since it's there job. I don't exactly know what Palin is, or plans on doing, but if McCain says, don't worry about the campaign now we don't need to be rock stars, take a break the people in alaska are more important, then i'm more than ok with that.

Once i see how they handle the situation, then i'll formulate my opinion on whether or not i agree, it's still to early.  
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2008, 10:13:17 AM »
Of course it is.

Right now the job of the TWO SENATORS that want us to make the PRESIDENT should be to get to DC, take the lead in the Senate for their party and resolve this thing WITHOUT SCREWING THE TAXPAYERS.

There's CHANGE. There's LEADERSHIP in troubled times.

The campaigns are minor BS; always have been. They get 30 seconds on the evening news. BFD.

But yet again, they are in Washington, but this question is about Palin. Once again I ask you, why is it the number two person on the ticket, couldn't step up to the plate? Why was McCain's best option to cancel his campaign for a few days vs letting Palin run it? Where is her leadership?
"strafing"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2008, 10:14:55 AM »
You seem to be missing the point. McCain wants to stop his campaign till they solve this problem so there will be no distractions. Sending Palin out so the press can crucify her about what she named her kids or if her husband had an affair with her daughter will draw attention away from the real problem.

BTW McCain is not the President yet so Palin is not the VP so she does not have to "cover" for McCain yet.

No I think you are missing the point, that this woman isn't ready to run this country if the need arises.
"strafing"

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2008, 10:16:28 AM »
It's always funny how you right wingers always have to try to discredit the person saying something rather than actually put up a argument about what was said. Then again that's typical of people that know they don't have a leg to stand on.
And did you take advice from the popular kids at school, or did you get it from your parents?
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2008, 10:17:59 AM »
David Letterman wouldn't know the truth if it bit him on the ass.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.