Author Topic: David Letterman speaks the truth..  (Read 4673 times)

Offline JAGED

• Nickel Member
Re: David Letterman speaks the truth..
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2008, 10:34:36 AM »
Damn, sorry bud there is no treatment for me, give me a gun.  :aok

Fixed!  :rofl :rofl :rofl
"I post facts.   If I post anything thats not a fact, I ask if people know whether it is fact or drivel first..."    SkyRock (ROFL LMFAO)

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2008, 10:34:54 AM »
You know the funny thing about all this.. is I've answered any question that any of you right wingers have asked me. Yet not a single one of you can even stick to the topic of Palin not being able to stand up to do the job. All you guys can do is dodge the issue by bashing Obama or Letterman.

I'm still waiting for even one of you to address the issue of this topic and actually give a good reason as to why Palin couldn't step up to the plate. 4 pages deep and you guys are still bashing Obama or Letterman dodging the issue at hand :rofl

Again...Yawn.    What exactly do you expect her to do?Debate Obama? I mean whats your point here.She shouldnt have to debate Obama as he should be in Wash doing his job instead of saying he will wait for a call to say hes needed.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline Twister2

• Copper Member
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2008, 10:35:18 AM »
You keep stating "couldn't run the campaign". You make statements like that as if it is some sort of fact. How hard is it to run a campaign? I don't know but my guess is that someone who can run a state could pull it off. So that leaves me with the assumption that she and McCain decided that this current situation was the more important then "running the campaign". I don't thing Jerry Springer likes Palin either. Is your next platform going to based on somthing he says. I can't wait.

THE INSTIGATORS
Death to smileys.
Brad(twister2)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2008, 10:36:49 AM »
I just can't stop humping wildly around SkyRock's ankle, I'm sporting wood right now just thinking about him.
Stay away from me. :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline JAGED

• Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2008, 10:39:48 AM »
I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay.
I sleep all night. I work all day.
I cut down trees. I wear high heels,
Suspendies, and a bra.
I wish I'd been a girlie,
Just like my dear Mama

Fixed!  :rofl :rofl :rofl

"I post facts.   If I post anything thats not a fact, I ask if people know whether it is fact or drivel first..."    SkyRock (ROFL LMFAO)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2008, 10:40:00 AM »
she and McCain decided that this current situation was the more important then "running the campaign".

What current situation?  Unless they're voting on the bill at the same time the debate is scheduled, be there to vote no, no need to stop a debate over nothing.

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2008, 10:41:21 AM »
Ok lets see ya dodge the question yet again. What exactly do you expect her to do?Debate Obama? I mean whats your point here.She shouldnt have to debate Obama as he should be in Wash doing his job instead of saying he will wait for a call to say hes needed.

I didn't dodge anything.. I've answered that question before you ever asked it. What I expect her to do? I expect her to stand up and take the helms of their campaign showing she can lead if the need arises. The fact McCain had to cancel his campaign rather than let her run it, just raises more questions about her.

As for her debating Obama, well if she wanted to I didn't see the issue with it. However I think McCain should stand up and do it himself. This whole deal smells a whole lot like him trying to use the economy as a way to dodge the debates because he's slipping in the polls. There is no reason why they can't go to Washington and still hold a debate on Fri night even if it's not in Florida where it had been planned.

What happens if They hammer out a deal before Friday night.. Is McCain still going tro dodge the debate?
"strafing"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2008, 10:42:08 AM »
When I think that SkyRock is on the BBS somewhere in america right now, the same time I am...I just get all tickly inside.
try a cold shower, then a gun. :aok

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2008, 10:42:55 AM »

What happens if They hammer out a deal before Friday night.. Is McCain still going tro dodge the debate?
This is a very important question.

Offline JAGED

• Nickel Member
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2008, 10:43:02 AM »
I need a cold shower, then a gun. :aok

Fixed!  :aok :aok :aok

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2008, 10:43:13 AM »
You keep stating "couldn't run the campaign". You make statements like that as if it is some sort of fact. How hard is it to run a campaign? I don't know but my guess is that someone who can run a state could pull it off. So that leaves me with the assumption that she and McCain decided that this current situation was the more important then "running the campaign". I don't thing Jerry Springer likes Palin either. Is your next platform going to based on somthing he says. I can't wait.

If it's not fact, then why did McCain have to close down his campaign? Also just a few weeks ago McCain claimed the economy was fine.. Now it's in such bad shape he has to cancel his campaign and dodge the debate? So that just shows he is out of touch with reality, when he couldn't see this was a problem a few weeks ago while others were warning of it. Now we are expected to assume he's riding to washington on his union going to save the day?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 10:46:20 AM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2008, 10:47:51 AM »
If it's not fact, then why did McCain have to close down his campaign?
Because he wants to look like he is in take charge mode... not a bad political move if they can work out a bipartisan agreement that keeps the political bs out..
Debates can wait.. the country ... the people those 3 senators represent.. need to be there... they have an obligation to their constituents to represent them at the table..that is the whole point of electing them .. to sit at the table for you....

Letterman was po'd McCain dissed him... nothing more .. nothing less...

this argument is the lamest one on this bbs
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2008, 10:49:56 AM »
Because he wants to look like he is in take charge mode... not a bad political move if they can work out a bipartisan agreement that keeps the political bs out..
Debates can wait.. the country ... the people those 3 senators represent.. need to be there... they have an obligation to their constituents to represent them at the table..that is the whole point of electing them .. to sit at the table for you....

Letterman was po'd McCain dissed him... nothing more .. nothing less...

this argument is the lamest one on this bbs

Once again this isn't about McCain being in Washinton.. it's about Palin not being able to stand up and take his place at a time of need acting as the number 2 and a leader.
"strafing"

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2008, 10:50:51 AM »
Do McCain, Biden, or Obama sit on any of the relevant committees or subcommittees at this point?  I ask that sincerely, because if they do not, they really have no official input into the process at this point in time as Senators.  If they do, then they should probably seek to provide that input now, when it counts.  If not, I can't imagine what they could do to help right now, and their presence could possibly hurt and polarize the process either way.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2008, 10:55:57 AM »
Don't know.

Still these are the guys that want the Oval office, that are the titular head of their parties as we go forward to the election and the guys that will have to work with those committees.

One would think they could meet with the people in their party who ARE on the committees and discuss a plan to resolve the issue.

They are at the head of their party, they are all Senators that will vote on the bill; why would the committees not value their input?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!