Author Topic: Gun Control...  (Read 785 times)

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
Re: Gun Control...
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2008, 03:14:11 PM »
Wake up dippoop, people before me started the partisan talk in this thread.

The OP made it a political insult of sorts.  Lets all blame him.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2008, 03:16:42 PM »
That would be precisely why I said 'potential' democrat voter. Had he lived he would have been converted wholeheartedly into the liberal order by defense lawyers that would argue his 'repressed and unfortunate' childhood led him to crime and then they clerk and business owner would have been sued out of every penny they could ever hope to earn and then some (and probably the gun manufacturer too).

Better work on your head shots!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2008, 03:22:43 PM »
Hillary wanted to give felons the right to vote

Nothing wrong with that. If we can have felons voting in congress, we can also let them vote in elections...

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2008, 04:05:45 PM »
Here is some perspective on felon party affiliation. Felons overwhelmingly vote democrat to the point if they were able to have voted in Florida Al Gore would be in the White House.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A9785-2004Aug17.html

Some say those who break the law lack the trustworthiness to make it. Todd Gaziano of the Heritage Foundation argues that felons might form some kind of "anti-law-enforcement bloc" and elect bad officials. But last year Alabama Republican Party Chairman Marty Connors stated a bald truth: "As frank as I can be," he said, "we're opposed to [restoring voting rights] because felons don't tend to vote Republican." He is right: People with low incomes, low education or minority status -- all benchmarks of convict populations -- vote Democratic 65 to 90 percent of the time
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2008, 04:14:59 PM »
Here is some perspective on felon party affiliation. Felons overwhelmingly vote democrat to the point if they were able to have voted in Florida Al Gore would be in the White House.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A9785-2004Aug17.html

Some say those who break the law lack the trustworthiness to make it. Todd Gaziano of the Heritage Foundation argues that felons might form some kind of "anti-law-enforcement bloc" and elect bad officials. But last year Alabama Republican Party Chairman Marty Connors stated a bald truth: "As frank as I can be," he said, "we're opposed to [restoring voting rights] because felons don't tend to vote Republican." He is right: People with low incomes, low education or minority status -- all benchmarks of convict populations -- vote Democratic 65 to 90 percent of the time

Yea but then lets compare white collar criminals and see which party they vote for.. Whats worse the guy who steals a car stereo or the guy who steal millions from little old ladies.

I'm not a criminal and have never been arrested for anything, yet the Republican lawyers managed to steal my right to vote in the last election. I'll be damned if they ever get that chance again.
"strafing"

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2008, 04:31:30 PM »
I don't care what political affiliation the person was, the future has lost a criminal, and that is a good thing.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2008, 04:45:42 PM »
The idea of keeping gun out of the hands of criminals is off the table. Is it impossible to buy a joint or get a hooker? Difficult even? None of the above. Nor will obtaining guns and ammo ever present any problem for anyone willing to go outside the law. The gun control advocate must think it worthwhile to put more restrictions on people who already hesitant to to take the risk of breaking the law.

Furthermore, even if we could snap our fingers and un-invent firearms, would it be good to do so? I doubt it. Both the natural and artificial world abound with objects that can easily be pressed into service as weapons. But criminals have the natural advantage of choosing their time and their victims. To this some might say "I'm 6'2, a MMA fighter, bench-press small cars, etc, I ain't worried about no crook without a gun, and I don't need one." To which I always reply: You won't be the victim of any strong-arm attempts, Sir. Your wife, or your girlfriend, or your aged parents-those are the ones the crooks would choose for victims. Or, if they do go after you, they'll more than likely have numbers and knives. The only weapon that equalizes and negates the criminal's strategic advantages over his victim and makes crime a truly risky business is the personal firearm, preferably concealed.

Another angle: Last night I was watching a program on T.V. about bears. It would seem that the bear population in New Jersey has rebounded to the extent that they are becoming a dangerous nuisance around people's homes. There was one suburban woman interviewed who said something to the effect of "They are too strong for anyone to stop...I don't know what I could do if one attacked my children while they were playing, except throw myself between the bear and them". How sad I felt for her. I don't know whether there were any legal restrictions on gun ownership or not in her area, but since the simple expedient of buying a firearm and learning to shoot as a defense against a rogue bear seems to have not crossed her mind, I can only assume the prevailing culture has made her the human equivalent of a de-clawed house cat. Piteous that a hominid, hundreds of thousands after her ancestors took up sticks and climbed the food chain, is finding herself in helpless terror of a large carnivore.

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2008, 05:04:48 PM »
Another angle: Last night I was watching a program on T.V. about bears. It would seem that the bear population in New Jersey has rebounded to the extent that they are becoming a dangerous nuisance around people's homes. There was one suburban woman interviewed who said something to the effect of "They are too strong for anyone to stop...I don't know what I could do if one attacked my children while they were playing, except throw myself between the bear and them". How sad I felt for her. I don't know whether there were any legal restrictions on gun ownership or not in her area, but since the simple expedient of buying a firearm and learning to shoot as a defense against a rogue bear seems to have not crossed her mind, I can only assume the prevailing culture has made her the human equivalent of a de-clawed house cat. Piteous that a hominid, hundreds of thousands after her ancestors took up sticks and climbed the food chain, is finding herself in helpless terror of a large carnivore.

Most women don't have any familiarity with firearms, let alone desire to use one. O'club wet-dream females are a small proportion of what's available out there. I doubt that 1 in 10 women in this country would ever even consider picking up a gun, let alone use one, even in self defense.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2008, 05:08:23 PM »
An armed society is a polite society... criminals and terrorists would become extinct. So would corrupt police forces and government officials.

Liberal teachers would have a bounty on 'em.

What's not to like?

Yet the USA has some of the worst murder rates in the world. Some US cities are considered more dangerous than baghdad.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2008, 05:16:00 PM »
The idea of keeping gun out of the hands of criminals is off the table. Is it impossible to buy a joint or get a hooker? Difficult even? None of the above. Nor will obtaining guns and ammo ever present any problem for anyone willing to go outside the law. The gun control advocate must think it worthwhile to put more restrictions on people who already hesitant to to take the risk of breaking the law.

Furthermore, even if we could snap our fingers and un-invent firearms, would it be good to do so? I doubt it. Both the natural and artificial world abound with objects that can easily be pressed into service as weapons. But criminals have the natural advantage of choosing their time and their victims. To this some might say "I'm 6'2, a MMA fighter, bench-press small cars, etc, I ain't worried about no crook without a gun, and I don't need one." To which I always reply: You won't be the victim of any strong-arm attempts, Sir. Your wife, or your girlfriend, or your aged parents-those are the ones the crooks would choose for victims. Or, if they do go after you, they'll more than likely have numbers and knives. The only weapon that equalizes and negates the criminal's strategic advantages over his victim and makes crime a truly risky business is the personal firearm, preferably concealed.

In Jersey if you harm(SHOOT) a Bear you go to jail because the Liberal whack nuts have leverage with the Jersey Democrats. This is a taste of how disarmement plays out. You have to decide, let my child die in my backyard or give my life to save my child. Walk down my street in day light and take the chance of dieing...........this is Jersey in white bread communities with no minority gang bangers. State law has disarmed parents so they cannot defend their lives and children. Just cower in their homes 24x7.

http://www.bachbio.com/njbears.htm

In 2000, a limited bear hunt scheduled by the New Jersey Division of Fish & Wildlife was cancelled when then-Governor Whitman bowed to pressure from a small but vocal minority of animal activists and in turn pressured the Division into canceling the hunt. In so doing, New Jersey essentially indicated that it was willing to risk the lives and safety of its citizens while it experimented with a program of tagging and relocation – a program that has already been demonstrated ineffective elsewhere. The potential liability to the State for blocking a limited hunt is enormous. Limited hunting is a proven and cost-effective method for wildlife population control, and is used by the State regularly as part of its conservation management program for other, apparently less valued, forms of wildlife. The deliberate blocking of a scheduled hunt in light of the documented and growing risk to public safety could be cast as gross negligence, or perhaps even recklessness, should the first bear attack lawsuit presents itself in New Jersey.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2008, 05:17:22 PM »
Yet the USA has some of the worst murder rates in the world. Some US cities are considered more dangerous than baghdad.

To an Arab or a Persian.. yup.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2008, 05:20:16 PM »
In Jersey if you harm(SHOOT) a Bear you go to jail because the Liberal whack nuts have leverage with the Jersey Democrats. This is a taste of how disarmement plays out. You have to decide, let my child die in my backyard or give my life to save my child. Walk down my street in day light and take the chance of dieing...........this is Jersey in white bread communities with no minority gang bangers. State law has disarmed parents so they cannot defend their lives and children. Just cower in their homes 24x7.

http://www.bachbio.com/njbears.htm

In 2000, a limited bear hunt scheduled by the New Jersey Division of Fish & Wildlife was cancelled when then-Governor Whitman bowed to pressure from a small but vocal minority of animal activists and in turn pressured the Division into canceling the hunt. In so doing, New Jersey essentially indicated that it was willing to risk the lives and safety of its citizens while it experimented with a program of tagging and relocation – a program that has already been demonstrated ineffective elsewhere. The potential liability to the State for blocking a limited hunt is enormous. Limited hunting is a proven and cost-effective method for wildlife population control, and is used by the State regularly as part of its conservation management program for other, apparently less valued, forms of wildlife. The deliberate blocking of a scheduled hunt in light of the documented and growing risk to public safety could be cast as gross negligence, or perhaps even recklessness, should the first bear attack lawsuit presents itself in New Jersey.

I'd guess the chances of getting eaten by a bear in New Jersey are slightly lower than getting shot by a gang member in Camden N.J.
"strafing"

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2008, 05:25:36 PM »
– a program that has already been demonstrated ineffective elsewhere.

Relocate them to my freezer please. Bear is some fine eating!  :aok
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2008, 05:29:46 PM »
I'd guess the chances of getting eaten by a bear in New Jersey are slightly lower than getting shot by a gang member in Camden N.J.

As I have already pointed out, gun control will not keep the gang members from getting guns. Transport and sale of illegal goods...nope, nothing any gang would know about.  :rolleyes:

Nor does such a group NEED guns to be a terror to whatever neighborhood is unlucky enough to have them. Numbers, muscle, and disregard for the rights of others are enough. Someone hoping to defend their person and property from them might need a firearm however.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 05:32:11 PM by BnZ »

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2008, 05:35:40 PM »
Most women don't have any familiarity with firearms, let alone desire to use one. O'club wet-dream females are a small proportion of what's available out there. I doubt that 1 in 10 women in this country would ever even consider picking up a gun, let alone use one, even in self defense.

Where I live, at least 50% of the women I know know how to shoot. At least 1 in 20 actually hunts.

Your statement is akin to dismissing the possibility that women should learn how to change a tire, just because most women are not car-nuts/gearheads.