Author Topic: Next gun purchase  (Read 717 times)

Offline Slamfire

• Nickel Member
Re: Next gun purchase
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2008, 09:40:35 PM »
That's nice lookin carbine.. the BM's are effective, light, accurate and dependable. whats yer favorite load?

*Hangs head in shame*

The cheap stuff: Serbian made Monarch .233rem/55GR soft point

I like plinking in volume, and the Bushy loves the stuff.  Makes for longer cleanup, but I got more time than money  :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Air Chief Marshal, Elite Top Aces

Offline Slamfire

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2008, 09:50:35 PM »
BTW FX1 - I have a Hungarian SA-85 AK - Bulgarians are the very best, followed closely by Hungarians... at least in my experience (and Romanians are the worst).  My Hungarian is shockingly accurate with iron sights.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2008, 10:15:40 PM »
*Hangs head in shame*

The cheap stuff: Serbian made Monarch .233rem/55GR soft point

I like plinking in volume, and the Bushy loves the stuff.  Makes for longer cleanup, but I got more time than money  :D

Nothin to hang yer head about.. 5.56 is cheap and plentiful. I remember when I could get mil surp 7.62x51 fer about a nickel a shot... chewed up tons of the stuff. these days it's about .50-.80 a shot.. when you can find it. Still run the kids thru familiarization and general range practice with the old surplus stuff... I save the hand loads for when I'm using the sub MOA rifles. ;) Besides, if the dookie hits the fan, the kids will be using mil surp till the supplies run out anyway.

BTW, the accuracy requirement for the kids on the battle rifles, opens sights 200 yards, 9" paper plate 80% , scoped, 5" 90% or better. For the carbines, same but 100 yards. They love the 'challenge'.. they earn the steak dinner afterwards. ;)  Here's my daughter workin up her lil commie martyr carbine..

7.62x39 Short Para, modded with stainless bolt and garand type rear sight and tritium front sight. Lethal lil bastage... it's her favorite.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Slamfire

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2008, 10:27:11 PM »

7.62x39 Short Para, modded with stainless bolt and garand type rear sight and tritium front sight. Lethal lil bastage... it's her favorite.

That's a great pic Hang - what is that ? A Simonov para (aka SKS) ?

I love outdoor ranges - don't ask me why, but they're so much more social than indoor ones... indoors, everyone keeps to themselves... but outdoors, almost every time, people start talking and trading shots, and you're more likely to see a grandpa showing a grandchild how to shoot - and after trading a few shots and stories, you make friends.

If only the anti-gun people knew what they were missing.

Offline Buzzard7

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2008, 10:30:22 PM »
FAL anyone?

Offline Slamfire

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2008, 10:48:27 PM »
FAL anyone?

Fusil Automatique Leger (French for: Light Automatic Gun).  I only shot one once many many years ago in Canada.  The Rifle of the Free World...  was supposed to be the standard NATO assault rifle in the 50s...  All I remember was it was huge and was a pleasure to shoot - although it produced a massive bang.

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2008, 02:22:41 AM »
FN FAL will probably be my next purchase.  Love my Bushmaster AR15 clone, I can always pass off range time as 'practice' too.
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2008, 02:27:26 AM »
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2008, 04:14:12 AM »

Offline manurin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2008, 05:53:32 AM »
Thats a sexy gun! Shame its French...

And why's that Serenity?
71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2008, 05:55:22 AM »
Thats a sexy gun! Shame its French...

FN's are made in Belgium.....just saying.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2008, 07:05:44 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Did I see that at survivors SKS boards?

I like my SKS collection, working on a PARA or D Model, would love to get my hands one.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2008, 09:30:25 AM »
I'm always confused about gun owners and gun purchases. Basically the sole reason for owning  a gun is to kill someone (or something) {and yes I love to burn the brass for fun as well...but still}. If you've got your basics covered everything else is just potentially an investment.

Personally

1) Browning hi-power 9mm (this particular one is made/assembled in Belgium) Still one of the best tactical shooters in the world IMO. If its well tuned  it will deliver double taps under an inch at combat ranges.

2) Sig 230, Great concealed carry weapon with no safety related issues under stress or concerns about a "hot" {I have zeo concern with a C/L carry but the weapon can catch in draw from a concealed position} (condition one) carry. Slight issues in a tactical setting due to variable trigger pull on your follow up shot....but overall an outstanding defensive carry weapon

3) Mossberg 500 persuader House protection. No greater pucker factor in the world then the sound of somebody racking the slide on a trench gun. Normally the noise alone will clear your house...if not the cruiser certainly will.

4) Ruger Mini-14 (AC556 if you can legally own one) Far and away the best "assualt" rifle you can own or buy as a civilian with plenty of after market options.

5) 10/22 blondie with a match barrel, laser sight and 50 rd clip(s). Amazingly formidable blinker (and combat rifle). Suprisingly lethal at ranges up to 200 yds and capable of a massive output of targeted rounds.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2008, 10:48:24 AM »
Damn.. I envy you guys..  I live in Kalifornia where we have democrat "reasonable" gun restrictions so I can't own a lot of fun and useful guns...

I do get to shoot my old M1 garand and such...

Oh well.. at least we have stopped the slaughter here..   You guys have thousands of children killed every day by your machine gun assault rifles while.. here.. we are virtually crime free.

lazs

Offline superpug1

• Probation
  • Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2008, 11:36:50 AM »
Ive got a Frankinstein FAL my uncle made. It was my graduation gift. I think if you buy one new its about 700 and up. Mine was 350 for the parts lol. at 100 yards its just over 1MOA. Its such a smexy rifle.