Author Topic: Preprosterous IL-2 Accusation  (Read 4741 times)

Offline matt22

• Zinc Member
Re: Preprosterous IL-2 Accusation
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2008, 05:44:01 PM »
im talking to dreamkid he says the panzer is a useless tank but he wouldnt know he just another flyboy :cool:
u frjro3ia2kfrjgt keifuoerfjjfjgkgj a0,[q wid

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2008, 06:58:28 AM »
I see my old thread has been resurrected.  Our new poster must have been referring to this

Panzer's were useless before, if there was an IL-2 driver around that knew what he was doing.

but missed the point about 23mm IL-2 cannon on panzer's.

Anyways HTC has made a bad boy outta me.  Had my fourth "cheater" PM just the other day.  The IRONIC thing is this guy makes whels look like a newbie when comparing 5 inch gunnery.  His consistant long range hit rate is eye brow raising.  He's had kills on my bombers before the CV's auto puffy ack has fired  :confused:

Since the new 37mm's were made optional I have a few observations to share.  Putting aside my stick scaling haxor program that initiated this thread  :rofl

10 direct hits will explode a panzer.  This is the weakest vehicle and in ascending order of hardness

panzer
ostie
wirlie
new t34
m4
old t34
Turreted ostie / wirlie
tiger.

One needs a precise aim and to hold the hit strikes relatively in the same place.  Frontal attacks on everything except panzer chassis vehicles is a waist of ammo.  Side attacks are likely to track the vehicle but a steep attack is very likely to turret or disable the engine.  As the hardness of the vehicle increases so does the amount of rounds needed to acquire the kill.

There you go.......trade secret out in the public domain.

I challenge anyone of my victims to send their film to HTC.  I welcome HTC & Co to scan any film I have or films from victims.  I also welcome any ONLINE inspection of my AH files, if indeed they can actually do that.  They are quite welcome to do this at any time unannounced and unbeknown to me.

Folks shouldn't be so quick to accuse especially if they don't have the knowledge is make an accurate assessment. 

« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 07:02:05 AM by LYNX »

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2008, 07:07:17 AM »
I agree on the order on hardiness, panzers are ridiculously easy to kill. 1 pass is generally enough.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2008, 09:46:01 AM »
Putting aside my stick scaling haxor program that initiated this thread  :rofl

I challenge anyone of my victims to send their film to HTC.  I welcome HTC & Co to scan any film I have or films from victims.  I also welcome any ONLINE inspection of my AH files, if indeed they can actually do that.  They are quite welcome to do this at any time unannounced and unbeknown to me.

AH HA!!  :O its the stick, he does not want us to check out the stick...... :D   :noid

:rofl :rofl

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline dentin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2008, 10:14:10 AM »

AH HA!!  :O its the steek, he does not want us to check out the steek...... :D   :noid

Corrected.   :rofl
"The more I see of the depressing stature of people, the more I admire my dogs."
 Opinions are like Armpits..everyone has two and sometime they both stink!
"No matter how much things change, They remain the same"

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2008, 10:20:23 AM »
 :rofl

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Dream Child

• Copper Member
« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2008, 11:50:25 AM »
im talking to dreamkid he says the panzer is a useless tank but he wouldnt know he just another flyboy :cool:

First, you should learn to use the quote button so other people know who/what you're speaking of.

Second, the entire quote was "Panzers were useless before, if there was an IL-2 driver around that knew what he was doing." I stand by what I said. If there is an IL-2 pilot that knows what he's doing, even with the 23mm package, you will be lucky if you're still alive after the first pass, let alone still have a turret.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2008, 11:54:58 AM »

AH HA!!  :O its the stick, he does not want us to check out the stick...... :D   :noid

Steady on....Ask me Mrs I have a big clean stick but it does need resting for 20 min after firing  :D

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2008, 12:02:35 PM »
Steady on....Ask me Mrs I have a big clean stick but it does need resting for 20 min after firing  :D

Would that be your 37 mm?

:rofl :rofl :devil
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Mr Blue

• Zinc Member
« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2008, 01:46:00 PM »
i think lynx is cheating too.. i wana know how he flies.. has a conversation with the guy.. kills 2 people while doing it... while holding a beer in his hand... damn u lynx.. lol

<S> LYNX
Just for fun

Offline Dream Child

• Copper Member
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2008, 07:44:15 PM »
10 direct hits will explode a panzer.  This is the weakest vehicle and in ascending order of hardness

panzer
ostie
wirlie
new t34
m4
old t34
Turreted ostie / wirlie
tiger.

I'm thinking I would put the list more like this (from an IL-2 point of view):

panzer
Turreted ostie / wirlie
tiger
ostie
wirlie
new t34
m4
old t34

With the 37mm option, I went offline and was able to kill a Tiger outright with 10 rounds leaving my plane. I filmed one "sortie" and killed the Tiger 7 times, plus took out one last turret, with 8 passes on the Tiger, on one loadout of 100 rounds. Took less that 6 minutes from the time I started the engine. With the 23mm package, I could get 3 Tiger kills with one standard (300 round) loadout on 6 passes. Perhaps it's just me, but the Tiger has always been an easier kill for me, in an IL-2, than the T34 or Sherman.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2008, 07:14:28 AM »
Because I don't know enough about the internet it's hard for me to quantify the following.  I think you'll find a difference between Off Line and On.  Yes! I know the arena settings are the same but I'm assuming the on line experience is effected due to ping rates and or lag.

I typically log in with 125 to 160 ping with my 18 to 19 hops from the UK to grapevine. This ping rate is perfectly acceptable and playable but may sound alarming to those with pings way under this.  Perhaps someone in the know could clarify but it's my contention the internet factors into the perceived hardness.

Offline Hawk55

• Nickel Member
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2008, 08:59:58 AM »
  This will look suspicious to anyone standing behind you

:rofl :rofl :rofl 
The Lynchmob-Outlaws--HAWK

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2008, 10:43:37 AM »
  This will look suspicious to anyone standing behind you

:rofl :rofl :rofl 

lol finally someone got the joke  :aok

Offline avionix

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2008, 11:15:58 AM »
I have only been able to get LYNX a couple of times.  One heck of a gunner on buffs.  <S>

treekilr in game.   
"Please. This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who..."