Author Topic: NO PERK DAY  (Read 956 times)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
NO PERK DAY
« on: September 30, 2008, 01:30:15 AM »
I would like to see AH have a day where all perk planes will not cost you anything.  Give some of the others a chance to fly them with out worrie of lossing them.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline ElGuapo1

• Copper Member
      • http://www.yoursheephaverugburns
Re: NO PERK DAY
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 01:47:51 AM »
In 8 yrs thats one of the better ideas ive ever heard...WTG :aok

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 02:18:36 AM »
With perks being so easy, every day is already like this.

Many of us have more than 30,000 perks.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 02:42:42 AM »

Thats actually part of the 'problem'.
Many of us old vets have perkies to burn.
Maybe an idea that perks reset each tour, as well as scores. Grabbing the umbrella!!!!!
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 05:59:30 AM »
I would like to see AH have a day where all perk planes will not cost you anything.  Give some of the others a chance to fly them with out worrie of lossing them.
Every day is no perk day for me.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 06:06:00 AM »
Meh

That would be a day were I would not fly. A sky full of even more easy mode planes than usual and 262's all around would be so boring that a cup of coffe in the tower would be the highlight of the day.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 06:13:45 AM »
perk planes are for the girls. how bout we have a day when they perk the spits and LAs? :rofl the ground would be covered in GVs. :aok
Lighten up Francis

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 06:15:28 AM »
That is a fun idea, but really you shouldn't worry about perks. I have flown 3 days with a bran new name already have 550 perks in fighters mode.
If your worried about perks for one, fly a higher eny aircraft. I can understand if you can not build perks flying a n1k or P-51. However take up a P-38 or older spit model and you can generate very good perks easily. General rule of thumb about perk building is watch the perk modifier. For anyone not understanding how to build perks here's how it works ->
Perk modifier you see in the hanger before you take off, if all teams are about even in numbers then the modifier is 1.00 meaning you get 100% your perk value for killing an enemy plane. For an easy example of this if all 3 countries have 50 players, then your going to build perks easily. If your team has 50 players but other 2 countries have 25, most likely the modifier will be 0.50 or lower, generally anything above 0.75 is good for perk farming, anything below like 0.50 then you really are only getting half the perks per each flight due to your country having to many people on, and another country not having enough. I don't waste my time perk farming when the modifier is below 0.75 since you are working harder for half the perks.
Another thing is Eny aircraft- if you fly a Typhoon (10 Eny) and shoot down a spitfire 16 at 5 Eny to calculate the perks your going to get is by
dividing 10 eny by 5 eny times the perk modifier.  So with a modifier at 1.00 and you shoot down a spit16 you are getting 2 perks.
10 Eny Divide 5 Eny - modifier at 1.00 = 2 Perks.
I generally fly a Me109g2 at 30 eny, when I am perk building I solely target 5-8 Eny aircraft - thats 30 Eny divide 5 = 6 perks.
get 4 kills thats 24 perks.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 06:20:44 AM »
A day full of temps and 262's eek.  A better solution would be a day where every plane below a ENY of 20 is perked.  That way folk would learn how easy perk collecting really is.  Mind you Uptowns right....the place would be full of Gv's.

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 06:20:51 AM »
i dont have a massive cache of perks mainly because when i get to about 800 i fly 262s constantly, often dying because i think "one more pass" even in a damaged plane lol. I dont really treat a 262 as if its gona cost me alot of money if i die in it, mainly because like Adonai says, flying 31eny plane means i can easy get 200+ perks per hour (if i wanted to).

ive always felt the perk thing should be rolling depending on numbers. instead of stopping people flying low ENY planes, make them perkable.

200 perks 262
30 perks temp
-5 no perks p51/la7 etc
-15 no perks dora etc

but if your side has numbers... the p51/la7 start to BE PERK planes.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 06:25:45 AM by Overlag »
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 06:36:47 AM »

omg rockafella  :lol
Lighten up Francis

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 06:44:15 AM »

You would think that this would be a good thing, giving people a chance where they could try out the different aircraft, and do so with some aggression, since they aren't risking anything.  A few things to consider though...

1.  There are people who worry about losing Mustangs...  They aren't going to fly a "free" Tempest any different.

2.  Check out the furball lake in the DA.  Besides the jets, it's pretty much what you ask.  I like going there to try out perk planes like the -4 to see what they can really do when you just "go for it" non-stop.  Most people though...  For whatever reason...  Still fly like it's the MA, but are running, Ho n Go, picking, gangbanging, etc. in Tempests...  And it's not much fun.  

3.  The whole point and fun of perk planes is the advantage they give you over other planes.  On a free for all day, that advantage evaporates, and everyone trying out the planes is stuck back at point one: a level playing field.  

Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 06:46:45 AM »
Once a long time ago, the main arena was down (this was before the split). Everyone was diverted to the DA. Almost everyone flew 262's, Me163's, or some other top notch ride. It got old fast.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2008, 10:12:36 AM »
Thats actually part of the 'problem'.
Many of us old vets have perkies to burn.
Maybe an idea that perks reset each tour, as well as scores. Grabbing the umbrella!!!!!

I like it!  It would be hilarious to see the people who fly 50% of their sorties in perk rides have to earn them every tour.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2008, 10:42:21 AM »
Get out of the dweeb rides and fly a 20+ ENY plane.  :aok
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14