Author Topic: "Change"  (Read 678 times)

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
Re: "Change"
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 11:38:19 AM »
The problem with this view is the lack of understanding it shows in what's happened. The sub prime mortgage crisis is largely a result of maneuvering by the democrats.

And there goes your proof

voila!
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 11:45:05 AM »
Your showing your ignorance, I don't post much (here) but run a search on my recent posts in the O'club. Agree or disagree but recognize that I provide a context, history and a defined position. Your making shallow, inept and misguided generic comments with no basis in reality. If you want to argue then step up and wade in, otherwise save the band width....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kaw1000

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 11:54:11 AM »
Your showing your ignorance, I don't post much (here) but run a search on my recent posts in the O'club. Agree or disagree but recognize that I provide a context, history and a defined position. Your making shallow, inept and misguided generic comments with no basis in reality. If you want to argue then step up and wade in, otherwise save the band width....

Humble has spoken!!!   :aok
See Rule# 5 on just about every thread!

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 11:58:34 AM »
That's been posted before.

CryRock will be along shortly to point out how all of those are lies.

How soft is SkyRocks ankle?
you've been on it for a while now
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline kamilyun

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2008, 12:03:33 PM »
Jebus,

Don't let the facts get in the way of a perfectly good chain mail.  Let me clarify my position first - I didn't vote for Democrats in 2004 or 2006 and I won't be voting for Democrats this election, either (but I have and will vote)

Consumer confidence was at a peak before Sept 11, 2001.  It also peaked again around the 2004 election.  2006 it dove (but probably from fear mongering in the campaign cycle).

Regular gasoline sold for $2.60 2.5 years ago.  It dropped following the election of 2006.

How hard is it to Google :  "Dow Jones Record High" ?  If you do this, you will find:

Monday, October 1, 2007  The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed at a new all-time record high at 14,087.55 or up 191.92 points (+%1.38).

or

Thursday, July 19, 2007  Dow Jones Industrial closes above 14,000 for first time ever

But again, don't let the facts ruin the Democrat bash-fest.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 12:05:04 PM by kamilyun »

Offline kamilyun

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2008, 12:18:09 PM »
Dang.  I guess you all were right.  My friend sent me the following email.  This Obama guy is dangerous.  How could anyone vote for a Muslim?!

---

Who is Barack Obama?

Probable U. S. presidential candidate, Barack Hussein Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, to Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., a black MUSLIM from Nyangoma-Kogel, Kenya and Ann Dunham, a white ATHEIST from Wichita, Kansas. Obama's parents met at the University of Hawaii. When Obama was two years old, his parents divorced. His father returned to Kenya. His mother then married Lolo Soetoro, a RADICAL Muslim from Indonesia. When Obama was 6 years old, the family relocated to Indonesia . Obama attended a MUSLIM school in Jakarta . He also spent two years in a Catholic school.

Obama takes great  care to conceal  the fact that he is a Muslim. He is quick to point out that, "He was once a Muslim, but that he also attended Catholic school."  Obama's  political handlers are attempting to make it appear that he is not a radical.

Obama's introduction to Islam came via his father, and this influence was temporary at best. In reality, the senior
Obama returned to Kenya soon after the divorce, and never again had any direct influence over his son's education.

Lolo Soetoro, the second husband of Obama's mother, Ann Dunham, introduced his stepson to Islam. Obama was enrolled in a Wahabi school in Jakarta. Wahabism is the RADICAL teaching that is followed by the Muslim terrorists who are now waging Jihad against the western world. Since it is politically expedient to be a CHRISTIAN when seeking major public office in the United States, Barack Hussein Obama has joined the United Church of Christ in an attempt to downplay his Muslim background. ALSO, keep in mind that when he was sworn into office he DID NOT use the Holy Bible, but instead the Koran.

Barack Obama has an unusual and interesting background, which the above-quoted piece draws on to paint him as a dangerous, camouflaged radical Muslim. Much of the information presented therein about his background is distorted and exaggerated, however, and no evidence supports a claim that Obama is currently, or ever has been, a Muslim (radical or otherwise).

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2008, 12:33:31 PM »
What? You got to have a picture of him holding an AK-47 to convince you? 

He has aligned himself all his life with radicals up until he decided, or should I say the Dems Groomed him to run for president.  Thats a fact.

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2008, 12:44:40 PM »

the info is misleading, but I expect nothing less from rightietards! :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2008, 12:53:23 PM »
What? You got to have a picture of him holding an AK-47 to convince you? 

He has aligned himself all his life with radicals up until he decided, or should I say the Dems Groomed him to run for president.  Thats a fact.

Bu11cheese.  The aforequoted is just more evidence that you idiots will say anything, do anything, if it means one fewer person will vote against your favored party.  What you don't realize is that your lies have the opposite effect on the people who are true moderates.  You know, the people like me that will decide the outcome of the election.  I suggest you knock it off if you want to win.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2008, 12:55:24 PM »
Bu11cheeky.  The aforequoted is just more evidence that you idiots will say anything, do anything, if it means one fewer person will vote against your favored party.  What you don't realize is that your lies have the opposite effect on the people who are true moderates.  You know, the people like me that will decide the outcome of the election.  I suggest you knock it off if you want to win.

Actually we've covered this topic before, and there is indeed evidence to support it. Do you want the facts again or will you still vote for the "Messiah"?

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2008, 01:01:40 PM »
to be fair the world was heading for a crash anyway.
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2008, 04:45:41 PM »

Yeah, you post that after posting this "The problem with this view is the lack of understanding it shows in what's happened. The sub prime mortgage crisis is largely a result of maneuvering by the democrats.

A blank statement with no context, history, or defined position. That would be a generic, enept and misguided comment

hypocrites are pure gold
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2008, 05:06:51 PM »

:rofl :rofl Holy weeping wetstone batman.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2008, 05:31:41 PM »
Yeah, you post that after posting this "The problem with this view is the lack of understanding it shows in what's happened. The sub prime mortgage crisis is largely a result of maneuvering by the democrats.

A blank statement with no context, history, or defined position. That would be a generic, enept and misguided comment

hypocrites are pure gold

Actually I addressed the specifics in other posts which is why I referenced them. did you bother to read any of them at all. While a lot of variables come into play the issues specific to the sub-prime mortgage crisis are overwhelmingly democratic in origin. They actually date back to the 1990's. This is typical of the "pet project" horse trading that drives partisan politics (which we can see in the revised "bail out" as well).  The failure of fanny and freddie can be laid squarely at the feet of the democratic faction of congress and Frank and others in particular. This is gross malfeasance on a scale that dwarfs Enron...in fact if Barney Frank was a "private citizen he's be under indictment already.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2008, 07:03:57 PM »
Actually I addressed the specifics in other posts which is why I referenced them. did you bother to read any of them at all. While a lot of variables come into play the issues specific to the sub-prime mortgage crisis are overwhelmingly democratic in origin. They actually date back to the 1990's. This is typical of the "pet project" horse trading that drives partisan politics (which we can see in the revised "bail out" as well).  The failure of fanny and freddie can be laid squarely at the feet of the democratic faction of congress and Frank and others in particular. This is gross malfeasance on a scale that dwarfs Enron...in fact if Barney Frank was a "private citizen he's be under indictment already.

And that's perfectly fine, but the thread starts out with this: George Bush has been in office for nearly 8 years. The first six the
economy was fine.

My response was to laugh as it went on to place blame on the democrats. The republicans had control of the White House and Congress for almost 7 years and went on a spending spree the likes we have never seen. Spiking in 2005 with a budget that included over 13k earmarks while raising the debt ceiling at every turn.

The economy wasn't fine, it was being artificially propped up by a number of things, and alot of it was borrowed money.

So the right comes in here and throws it all at the feet of freddie mac and the dems

So yeah, I would say that is placing blame and accepting no responsibility

And I got news for Ms Pelosi, if she gets the votes from her fellow dems to pass this while a majority of republicans say no, she and her buddies can kiss control of congress goodbye. There is a reason 40% of the dems said no, a yes and their goose is cooked. Just ask the republicans who said yes to spending a few years back.

Want to see something that will make your stomach sink? Found this in a search. And I don't know how accurate it is, but it dates back to 1996.

"Now you can see why the national debt just keeps growing and growing. In early 1996 it will top $5 trillion (that's $5,000,000,000,000). Back in 1976 the national debt was $540 billion (minuscule by today's standards but quite shocking at the time). Since America's bicentennial, twenty years of whopping deficits have resulted in this near ten-fold increase in the debt. Today our annual interest payment of more than $200 billion eats up every dollar of income tax paid by everyone living west of the Missisippi River. This interest payment buys us nothing! Even if we balanced the budget tomorrow, this interest payment will stay with us...a penalty for past deficit spending. To eliminate it, we will actually need to run budget surplusses for many years in order to pay down the $5 trillion debt.
Wait...there's more to the story. Unless substantial reforms are made soon, when the baby boom generation begins to retire and collect old age federal entitlements, the debt will explode. A huge amount of our taxes will go to nothing but interest. Moreover, at today's taxation levels, every dollar that is collected will be gobbled up by entitlements and interest alone. Massive tax increases will be required just to pay for national security and non-entitlement programs (i.e., everything that we usually think of as government services). Our children and grandchildren will be left with the bill for our excesses."

So Rush Limbaugh is wrong, our deteriorating situation over the last 20 years was not caused by freddie mac and the dems.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 08:07:12 PM by Sixpence »