Author Topic: As far as I see the He-111 (and yes, I want it)  (Read 1255 times)

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Re: As far as I see the He-111 (and yes, I want it)
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2008, 02:58:27 AM »
Well, we all want the He-111, but rarely are we gonna use it. When they previewed the P-39, and before that, we were all flippin out and actin all happy and saying it's gonna own in MA and stuff.... Then it comes a long, and 60% of the community cries "WASTE!!11!!" And as much as I want the He-111, I think thats what is gonna happen. :( :cry

So if you wish for it, dont start crying when it doesn't do what you want it to do.  :salute :salute :salute :salute

Do you think it will be different for any other aircraft? We could get the F-22, but when people realise its STILL vulnerable to ramming and random puffy ack, they too will call "WASTE!!11!" as you put it. Its the nature of human kind. Until we get it, we think about it more and more, idealise it, and build it up, so even if it is the greatest plane in the game, it still doesnt live up to our mamoth expectations.

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2008, 04:51:14 AM »
I remember many claiming that the Hurricane wouldn't get used, since it was too slow etc. But anything that packs 4 cannons and turns on a dime....well...:D
There would be a nice use for the 111 in one case, - carrying V-1's. So we need a V-1 first :D
(these were launched like cruise missilies from 111's, and in quite some numbers. Out of memory 1.200 over the north sea, - so no particular rarity)
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2008, 08:02:00 AM »
Well, we all want the He-111, but rarely are we gonna use it. When they previewed the P-39, and before that, we were all flippin out and actin all happy and saying it's gonna own in MA and stuff.... Then it comes a long, and 60% of the community cries "WASTE!!11!!" And as much as I want the He-111, I think thats what is gonna happen. :( :cry

So if you wish for it, dont start crying when it doesn't do what you want it to do.  :salute :salute :salute :salute

I see the P-39 quite often in the MW arena *shrug*

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2008, 08:03:20 AM »

ack-ack
I was never there.  :noid
See Rule #4

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2008, 12:33:58 PM »
Had several scruffles with p40's recently.
Anyway, I notice,that when I fly my C.202 hangar queen, I end up in fights where the enemy doesn't know how to get me, for it's an unknown aircraft to him. So, a bigger planeset does have a point :D
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2008, 02:26:04 PM »

ack-ack

I love the P-39.... I feel the same about it :( Too underestimated.
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2008, 03:08:38 PM »
39 never was nor will it ever be a "waste"

A A/C that fly Diffrently than any other, has a huge cannon and can soak up TONS of damage.
The only vice for this a/c is the minimal .50 ammo load and the lack of longer legs.

I do not consider alt limitation at 13-15k to be a waste granted 8/10th the player base never get that high. Most high alt fights get drug lower, and in that nature the aircraft is almost always thrown back INTO its area of operation.

Useing other later 44, 45 aircraft to compare something to be a waste is foolish. The very fact it can survive in the MA with spit16's temps 51's and la7's shows it to be effective. If it could drop flaps at UNDER 185mph it would truely outfly most planes in the MA, problem is at around 150- you loose all combat menuver control, over 200 you have zero flap control.

Biggest vice on this ac is the flaps.

TAS (roughly)

190 1/4
180 2/4
170 3/4
160 Full

IAS (roughly)

180 1/4
171 2/4
160 3/4
151 Full

I wounder where they got these numbers.

Also try flying with gear down and full flaps, and see how the A/c's flaps over +2 flaps down are like airbrakes.
I have a flight instruction video of the 39D, i need to review it again, cause somethin's not good in the hood.

EDIT: "You'll find that in bolth conditions (power on/off stalls) the stall is gentle and there is NO pronounced tendancy for the plane to fall off on either wing."

I find that last bit about the wing stalls interesting granted under 105mph the 39's loose most all control anyhow, and the stall speed should be 95mph, flaps full down gear up, FULLY loaded. 105mph stall flaps up gear up fully loaded.

39's still broken. ;)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 04:16:44 PM by BaDkaRmA158Th »
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2008, 04:27:36 PM »
Killed one yesterday with less. Maybe 8K?

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2008, 11:54:07 AM »
It has to be more than 8k. I used to be able to drop cvs with a 26 with ease. Now even if I put every bomb down the center of the flight deck I only get a smoker. Takes me 2 26 runs to kill a cv now.
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline WarTooth

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2008, 12:00:49 PM »
>> P-39

Love that thing man.  I don't fly it as my main ride - but it is very fun.  IMHO the game is better with it now than without it.

BTW, on occasion I use a Stuka with MOAB bomb load - it is a blast.

WT

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2008, 04:30:56 AM »
I can see a number of uses for he111 and dornier 17/217 even in late war:

Guided Bombs !!

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Fritz-X
interesting fotage of fritz-x hits on roma cruiser and warspite
http://www.1jma.dk/articles/1jmaluftwaffegroundweapons.htm

http://www.1jma.dk/articles/Hs293launch.jpg

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2008, 06:17:18 AM »

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2008, 09:48:22 AM »
"Who" determines which planes are "hangar queens"?    or is it "elitism"?   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2008, 10:24:53 AM »

I agree that the He-111 would be a very nice plane to have in the game very soon, however I still think that what the game needs first is another perked bomber.  Please see my thread in the Wishlist about the A-26 if you want more information about it.  So, I completely support adding the He-111, regardless of how little use it might see in the MAs, but IMO the having a second perked bomber is far more urgent than an aircraft that would largely be used in Special Events.

Yossarian
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/¯________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2008, 11:23:12 AM »
I agree that the He-111 would be a very nice plane to have in the game very soon, however I still think that what the game needs first is another perked bomber.  Please see my thread in the Wishlist about the A-26 if you want more information about it.  So, I completely support adding the He-111, regardless of how little use it might see in the MAs, but IMO the having a second perked bomber is far more urgent than an aircraft that would largely be used in Special Events.

Yossarian
Do-217 Ki.102.
Fear and death in the wings, in thrall of those fallen from grace
Petty is as petty does, witness the mass disgrace.