Author Topic: Vote by color??  (Read 1045 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: Vote by color??
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2008, 09:38:06 AM »
I quite understand Anax, and don't particularly blame them. God help YOU if you are so self-hating you think it is eeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvillllll for White folks to operate on the same principle though.

Hehe, I reserve the word "evil" for those who actually accomplish something. ;)

I would agree that there's no difference between a white person voting along racial lines vs a black person doing the same if it weren't for our history of slavery and apartheid.  You can't look at a voter's choice in a bubble.

Fwiw, I don't endorse voting out of racial resentment, I am simply describing things as they are.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2008, 09:41:19 AM »
Had a kid walk into the bar the Friday night wearing an McCain 2008 t-shirt. He ended up sitting next to me and when I asked him why he was supporting McCain he flat out told me, "Because we need a Republican President." When I further asked him about McCain's policies and stances on issues he told me, "I don't care about any of that crap, he's Republican so I'm voting for him." Kid was maybe 22-24 years old. Young Navy guy that I've seen in there a bunch of times. Kid doesn't know or care about McCain's voting record, stances on any issues, nothing, but he's Republican so he's voting for him.

fixed

:noid
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2008, 09:46:02 AM »
fixed

:noid

Not even close, but keep trying.

I'm a registered independant and base my vote of the facts. The fact that Obama's voting record consitently goes against everything I believe is why I'm not voting for him.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2008, 09:48:51 AM »
This is bad for the country. 

The root cause of the financial crisis in our country is liberal attempts to apply AFFIRMATIVE ACTION to the financial world.  Now we are in danger of spreading this fallacy to the health insurance world.

Thanks Democrats. 

I seriously doubt our financial crisis has anything to do with affirmative action; but perhaps instead of wildly spouting rhetoric you'd like to back your statement up with some facts.

Good luck with that.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2008, 09:51:49 AM »
Not even close, but keep trying.

I'm a registered independant and base my vote of the facts. The fact that Obama's voting record consitently goes against everything I believe is why I'm not voting for him.

I'm just saying blind, unthinking loyalty crosses politics, gender and race.

Your racial example could just as easily be flipped with "uneducated white trash" voting republican, simply because their family "has always been republican."

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.