Author Topic: TB Rays name change?  (Read 412 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
TB Rays name change?
« on: October 06, 2008, 10:53:54 PM »
Why did they change from Devil Rays to plain old Rays?  Steve Irwin? :lol  (devil, or manta rays, have no stinger after all)  I also learned that the TB Rays have a touching tank with rays in it, but it's within range of home run balls, and if a Rays player hits a home run into the fish tank, they donate money to charity. :huh  Supposedly the exhibit is monitored by the Florida Aquarium, but wtf. :huh  Some other team should have a kitten play pen within range of home run shots, hit a home run into the kitten play pen, donate money to charity.  Imagine the outrage. :rofl
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Re: TB Rays name change?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 07:28:40 AM »
because the devil is evil , doncha know.  :devil

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 09:31:17 AM »
I know there are Rays' fans who read this forum.  Care to give some input about the name change?
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 10:22:15 AM »
Its "professional" baseball....Whoopty friggin' DOO! I have only watched or attended one pro baseball game since 1994 and it was on tickets given to me by a company I was working for at the time for my birthday. I make it a point to change the channel even when they are talking about the scores from the previous night, games on ESPN or any other sports shows. I hope the dang game goes in the tank and people remember the strike of '94 like me. Those candy prettythang players need to be brought back down to real life.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Private Burns

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 10:24:10 AM »
It doesnt matter the Rays are studmuffingots the red sox are gunna win so u guys should back up and go home.

Offline avionix

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 10:45:17 AM »
I know there are Rays' fans who read this forum.  Care to give some input about the name change?

They changed the whole look.  Name change and unifrom change as well.  Just an update really.  Like what we have seen so far.

It doesnt matter the Rays are studgots the red sox are gunna win so u guys should back up and go home.

Well, the Rays have played the Sox well all season.  Should be a good series.  Go RAYS!!!!!
treekilr in game.   
"Please. This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who..."

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 12:26:38 PM »
It should be a great series. I've been secretly hoping the D-rays or Bluejays would make the AL East interesting for years now. Maddon finally got the 'team that could win a track meet' to play his style of baseball and its paid off.

Of course, Terry Francona has been great with how he manages the Sox too, so I think it'll be a tight series. If Lester and Beckett can be the aces we need them to be the sox in 6 games :)

Either way it'll be nice to see a World Series coming out of the AL East (the toughest division in baseball)
<----ASSASSINS---->