Author Topic: Here ya go Falc :)  (Read 3496 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Here ya go Falc :)
« on: October 07, 2008, 04:10:09 PM »
Turned out I guessed right.  There were 15 110s :)

Bastage JollyFE HO's me too in a 15 110s on 1 38G :)

I must admit, I'll never understand the appeal, but you guys did take that field fast.  22 Bish, 5 of us Knits that tried to get up.  It was gone in a hurry.

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Heretic

• Nickel Member
Re: Here ya go Falc :)
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 04:18:43 PM »
15 on 1 and you got HO'd?   Who woulda thunk it!!!!   Sounds like a Bish

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 04:34:17 PM »
Thanks Corky!

Yep..if you in the mood to get upset about how you die it is best NOT to oppose a BoP mission :aok

We are an immoral, unethical, unsportmanslike squad and it is best to leave us be when we are being aggressive.  MOST of the knits and rooks seem to understand this.  (Let Dracula have one woman and the rest are saved sort of thing)  Why cant you get his through your thick skull!!!! :D

Actually bud you just need more wingies...we upped against a 30 man NOE yesterday...110s and nikkis...difference is when BoPs up against an noe we up 15 pilots and we whine about how many assists we end up with.... :devil
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 04:45:45 PM »
Come on corky!! Shoulda let me known...it coulda been 15 v 2....and the 2 woulda prevailed!!!!!!  :D
Tours 86 - 296

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 09:31:47 PM »
I count 14
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 09:40:05 PM »
I count 13 and more than likely 2 more are off of the screenshot.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 09:50:37 PM »
On the film there were 15 110s listed, and some other single engine birds as well as GVs.  Falc and company wanted that base.

4 of us barely got airborne and there was one guy in a flak, but it was way too little too late.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 09:53:19 PM »
Oooh ooh!  I'm the low 190 on the left!

P.S.  Guppy, if you would have went down when I first shot you, you would not have gotten HO'd later, hence, it is your fault. 

EDIT: You really should've chosen a better camera angle.  Your butt is getting big. :eek:
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 09:57:54 PM by USRanger »
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 06:03:40 AM »
I always miss the good ones...grrr stupid RL interupting my cartoon life.  Then you could have counted 16!
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 07:08:52 AM »
I can never understand stuff like this. I have been victim to the Bop horde before too. Is their confidence of their skills so poor that they MUST have 5-6 guys chasing a solitary target? Maybe its because they don't know how to share and MUST race each other to the target screaming "mine, mine,mine". Maybe to them its more important to kill those big bad buildings, and capture the base instead of fighting real moving fighting targets. How much fun can it really be to have 15+ guy over whelm a base?

Years ago when I was in a big squad each of our 3 wings had a mission/job. First group was the main strike force, second was either second wave (if needed), or first wave at the next base or decoy wing(attack a base to get a response and split the defenders numbers), and the third was the ack/pork wing. They would run out front and take the ack out and run off. Ack would be down long enough so when the next group was ready to move on it had a target that was deacked. Or, if on the defensive that night it would be that groups duty to pork troops or ammo along the front. We used our numbers in strategy, not in brute force, of course we were confident in our skills to do what needed to be done.

Bops are afraid of competition, or the base capture is more important. If they were looking for the "fight" instead of the base they could ease off on the ganging. 3 guys up, 6 Bops SHOULD be enough to knock them down wouldn't you say? If that was how they went about it tho, the few defenders there may keep upping because its fun fighting in a low slow furball. Bops could get more kills, learn to share, defenders could have a small hope (very small seeing the numbers the Bops bring) to defend, and would generate a small furball untill they did win the capture.....if they could sustain the pressure.

Sounds like fun for all. On the other hand they could continue with the "horde" mentality, defenders will get tired of getting ganged and will either join the "gang" on their team to fight in the safety of the horde, or log off in disgust as it no fun fighting in a horde, or against one. Before you know it people will be canceling their subscriptions........ hey wait ! Did this happen before?

The big squads CAN dictate what happens in an arena. This is where the community can help itself. Big squads need to take a look at how they are shaping the arena with their play. By making small changes in how they play in the arena, everyone can have fun. Its all about the fun.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 07:11:39 AM by The Fugitive »

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 07:31:51 AM »
15 on 1 and you got HO'd?   Who woulda thunk it!!!!   Sounds like a Bish

funny, i've been HO'd by all three sides in the same situation. happens much more when i fly against nits.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 07:34:44 AM »
That just doesn't look like a good place to be for a con. Not at all.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2008, 04:55:07 PM »
He had to HO to make sure none of the other 14 guys got the kill.
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 06:39:27 PM »
Try and look at it like this fugitive..

When going into a base,when cons start upping,they are not looking for the "FIGHT",they have  only ONE objective,"FIND THE GOON"..This is their primary goal.This means they are streaming past as many as possible to get to where they think it may be..hence as many as possible will try and get him,as someone may have enough E to get on him and kill him,if  he does not get HO'ed first...

I would like to think that many times,if someone hollers on vox CON LOW INTO TOWN,that many who are not close will turn and work on that con and break off from another in which 4-6 may already be chasing...

Falcon23 :salute

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2008, 06:57:43 PM »
Ding ding ding!  Goon was 5 miles from town.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus