Author Topic: noob  (Read 1220 times)

Offline BEARING3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Re: noob
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2008, 07:35:19 PM »
Back in the day, I was considered a pretty good stick, and could utilize Gvs in every aspect of the constraints of the game. Then I started hearing voices. I apologise to Denholm, and ACK ACK for my indiscretions. I don't have a gaming computer, and I forgot how to play. One day I would like to come back. Keep on playing, Peace out, Bearing3.

Offline chrish483

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2008, 08:22:36 PM »
same here, it was weeks before another person told me about it,  i hated the tanks that i so much wanted to drive but i couldent figure out how to shoot anything very far away.  but since then its been a blast :D
L.T.A.R.smkr
SWsmkr

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2008, 08:30:24 PM »
Im sure some one is going to laugh at this..... I played for almost a year before finding out about the [ and ] keys. :lol

Whew, at least im in good company, me too sir  lol  :rofl
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Fugita

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2008, 09:42:26 AM »
Never fell for the Alt-F4, but theres still time . :aok How do you get ah pt boat to move? :rofl kidding. :rolleyes:

I fell for that once. Someone told me it's an "Auto Land" key. So I hit it right when I was on approach, then I found myself looking straight at my desktop background saying "WTF". :rofl :rofl :rofl It's funny now.

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2008, 02:02:31 PM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl I was wonderin how in the hell a guy was suppose to shoot anything :noid
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2008, 06:36:06 PM »
My Noobish moment(s) also include the whole Zoom issue. But the one that eluded the longest was the "W" key and clicking on the map when you're in the Cruiser guns. I used to feel so proud when I hit something in direct fire mode :aok, then I found out about land and sea modes. That just made me feel retarded at that point. :rofl :rofl

Me too. My husband just told me about those not too long ago. I used them for the first time the other day. I felt a little bit like I was cheating.  :)
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2008, 09:41:10 AM »
My noobish moments that caused me the most grief was moving between bases. It took me at least a week to figure out that I could double click on the bases to go there. Took so long to get to the fight from the default base that I was almost always low on fuel when I got there, good thing is I usually died seconds after arriving anyway.  I never had time for more than a couple sorties.

The other one which is closely related is the spawn points for gv's. Again it would take so long to get there that I could do only a few sorties and the boredom was almost unbearable.

Amazing I stayed with the game, I guess the addiction is just too strong.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave