Author Topic: A film of me running for adonai  (Read 21238 times)

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: A film of me running for adonai
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2008, 03:50:09 PM »
I want some popcorn. :D

Plenty to go around... 

<S>...-Gixer

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2008, 03:59:56 PM »

:rofl :rofl :rofl
See Rule #4

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2008, 04:00:54 PM »
Also Adonai, if I were there and you had asked me me back off, thats what i'd had done. I respect a 1v1 and almost always ask if friendly needs a hand.
Charlie don't surf!

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2008, 04:30:11 PM »
BTW, i would like to point out, Adonai let us know on channel 200 on Friday night that he is a current F/A-18 pilot for the Marine Air Wing based at Pensacola.  He is currently a reservist but will be going active again shortly.  I think we should show a serviceman a bit more respect...
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2008, 04:36:02 PM »
BTW, i would like to point out, Adonai let us know on channel 200 on Friday night that he is a current F/A-18 pilot for the Marine Air Wing based at Pensacola.  He is currently a reservist but will be going active again shortly.  I think we should show a serviceman a bit more respect...

Not really mate, I was in the wrong assuming Thrila was just running during the fight, he does have a point on the P-51 trolling around, however he decided to post saying i was picking when when I never bothered to touch him when he re-engaged someone.

However he just wants to throw that out there, so ill let him be.

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2008, 04:45:18 PM »
Warning: Tuning to channel 200 may lead to you being the feature act on "Retarded Lemur Theatre".

When you get up there, in your mind it is "war", even if it is only pixels. Genetically-hardwired gut reaction. No one is ever going to kill or escape in a way the opposition thinks is just dandy, why air the ineviatable grievances over public text?

I wonder how much time pilots spent griefing and arguing with enemy combatants over the radio in WWII?

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2008, 04:49:48 PM »
Warning: Tuning to channel 200 may lead to you being the feature act on "Retarded Lemur Theatre".

When you get up there, in your mind it is "war", even if it is only pixels. Genetically-hardwired gut reaction. No one is ever going to kill or escape in a way the opposition thinks is just dandy, why air the ineviatable grievances over public text?

I wonder how much time pilots spent griefing and arguing with enemy combatants over the radio in WWII?

Its called propaganda.

Offline UdieNow

• Nickel Member
      • The Few Website
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2008, 04:58:31 PM »
Hmm...give this thread an 8 / 10 for entertainment value.  Of course that figure may increase with Adonai's next post

Flying as: Timber43

Proud member of " The Few "
Geif N00k Plx!

Geif N00k Plx!

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2008, 05:10:28 PM »
Not really mate, I was in the wrong assuming Thrila was just running during the fight, he does have a point on the P-51 trolling around, however he decided to post saying i was picking when when I never bothered to touch him when he re-engaged someone.

However he just wants to throw that out there, so ill let him be.

Adonai re-read my post i'm not calling you a picker, in fact i never mentioned anything about picking at all.  The fact is the fight was going to end up a 3v1 if i didn't attempt to get out of there- your flying style is not in question your decorum is.  This thread is all about your prima donna behaviour on channel 200.  This thread has gone so far over your head hubble has snapped a shot of it orbiting the sun.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 05:13:17 PM by thrila »
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2008, 05:51:08 PM »
This thread has gone so far over your head hubble has snapped a shot of it orbiting the sun.

That's not the sun, that's his Ego.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2008, 05:56:51 PM »
Adonai re-read my post i'm not calling you a picker, in fact i never mentioned anything about picking at all.  The fact is the fight was going to end up a 3v1 if i didn't attempt to get out of there- your flying style is not in question your decorum is.  This thread is all about your prima donna behaviour on channel 200.  This thread has gone so far over your head hubble has snapped a shot of it orbiting the sun.

was it 3 on 1 ? You still haven't answered.

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2008, 05:59:08 PM »
Everyone gets ganged, any rook will answer if I see a 1 on 1 going on I ask if someone needs help before I even dive in. Usually I will
appologise on 200 and explain why I dove in afterwards, This tour I am not doing that - simply until someone dies I won't dive in anymore.
you never fight 1-1, you always dive and run, or gang and HO, or do something other than 1-1. granted, i used to fly with you adonai, but while i flew with you, i many times noticed you diving on others that wer perfectly fine in a 1-1.

MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2008, 05:59:31 PM »
I would comment on the film and whether it is a 3 vs 1, but i have had it pointed out to me that i only know how to pick by a certain individual here.  I wish i knew how to fight :(
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2008, 06:02:09 PM »

:rofl

Once an oTw@o always an oTw@o.