Author Topic: CF/Microdrive  (Read 275 times)

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
CF/Microdrive
« on: October 13, 2008, 01:50:07 PM »
Yep another problem, i can do this all week :D.

Ok thing is, I still use my Emachines case and it has a USB/Card reader drive that it came with.  Problem is  One of the readers never reads.  The USB and SD/MMC/etc. work, but every time i try to use the CF/Microdrive nothing loads.  The little green light comes on and indicates it knows a card is in, but nothing more.  It never worked even with the stock machine, so i was wondering; Do CF/Microdrives have a bad life expectancy, or do the cards themselves need to be formatted?  Shouldn't be software right?  Since it is all one drive, and most works.  I've been trying to get some pictures off the camera and since the USB pins on the camera are bent/gone i have to read right from the card, somehow.  Would be nice to use it when i get my PC working again on Wednesday :aok.
Just in case it helps, the CF card is a "Cannon FC-32MH High-speed".  I tried Google but nothing of help came up.

:salute
    X
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline 715

• Silver Member
Re: CF/Microdrive
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 02:24:22 PM »
This will probably be completely useless but... my multicard reader will quit reading any cards if I use the "Safely Remove Hardware" process on any card.  I have to just yank the card out and then the drive will continue to read other types of cards.  Probably not your problem, but who knows.