Author Topic: inhibitor to get rid of Spwan campers  (Read 1640 times)

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
inhibitor to get rid of Spwan campers
« on: October 14, 2008, 10:20:34 AM »
Why not have a minefield or other such system to cut down on the Spwan campers?
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: inhibitor to get rid of Spwan campers
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 10:55:21 AM »
Ummm... wouldn't YOU blow up driving away from the spawn then?
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 11:00:47 AM »
Don't spawn if the spawn is camped.  It's no different than complaining about vulching.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 11:52:37 AM »
It didn't even take me three seconds to determine just how this feature would be abused.

No, thank you.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 03:42:43 PM »
I'd rather see a spawn choice on vehicle bases like on airfields. We have 3 VH's on a vehicle base, why can't we choose which one we spawn at? Would make camping harder since you would need at least three people to cover the whole field. I'm not saying this is a miracle fix, camping will still happen but at least on a lesser scale.
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 03:57:36 PM »
I'd rather see a spawn choice on vehicle bases like on airfields. We have 3 VH's on a vehicle base, why can't we choose which one we spawn at? Would make camping harder since you would need at least three people to cover the whole field. I'm not saying this is a miracle fix, camping will still happen but at least on a lesser scale.
Not bad.
Fear and death in the wings, in thrall of those fallen from grace
Petty is as petty does, witness the mass disgrace.

Offline Lukanian-7

• Copper Member
      • Lukanian-7's MySpace
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 04:18:54 PM »
Clever AirFlyer

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 07:21:41 PM »
Why not have a minefield or other such system to cut down on the Spwan campers?
We really need a smiley with a thumbs down and frowning. NO.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 07:36:05 PM »
dr7 is the task master at breaking spawn camps talk to him. I remember a day about a year ago when the call went out that a spawn camp was ongoing at a knight field that would be a three sector flight by plane. Bishops got twenty GVs together and broke the camp in less then 30 seconds. It was pretty sweet to see!
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 11:11:56 AM »
I got spawn camp revenge last night. :devil  I spawned a panzer at 222 and was killed before I even moved into the pintle gun to look around. :furious  I wouldn't do this if I had been merely killed in a gv fight, but I took up a 190F-8 and killed the bastage's M4 twice (along with 2 other tanks).  4 tank kills ain't too shabby in an attack plane 90% overlook. :aok
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 11:22:27 AM »
Spawn camp busting can be frustrating, but it can be done.  I nailed a three last night, just took a couple of re-ups to do it.  The end result is worth it.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2008, 11:32:07 AM »
Hehe, I should be up front and admit that I've spawn camped myself, I think we all have at one point or another. :o  For some reason I think it's more fun to shoot aircraft spawning at the end of the runway with a panzer than to shoot other tanks, mostly because it steals all the kills from people trying to vulch! :D
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2008, 11:35:37 AM »
Hehe, I should be up front and admit that I've spawn camped myself, I think we all have at one point or another. :o  For some reason I think it's more fun to shoot aircraft spawning at the end of the runway with a panzer than to shoot other tanks, mostly because it steals all the kills from people trying to vulch! :D

Too true Gavagai! :aok  So what do we call that?  A spawn vulcher kill stealer?  :lol
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 02:18:15 PM »

I asked for this wish too.  I said you could split up the "h" key into 3 sections, one for each hanger.  It was really nice they moved the hangers around so you couldn't kill them all in one pass with a bomber.  But would like it so one guy can't camp the hangers.  In HTC credit they have had vast improvements to the vbases.  Removing the fence was a good thing too.
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2008, 03:54:38 PM »
Don't spawn if the spawn is camped.  It's no different than complaining about vulching.

Don't you have to spawn to find out that the spawn is camped? ...therefore it's too late...'cause your dead?   ;)

At least at an airfield you can look around before committing

Helm ...out
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009