Author Topic: A Newer Type of Flying  (Read 1810 times)

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
Re: A Newer Type of Flying
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2008, 03:26:41 PM »
Lamb of God. I'm more of a jam band type of person meself but I likes me some Lamb of God. Good music to cruise the I76 death trap
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2008, 03:28:05 PM »
What about metal?
TBH I've never heard a really good metal song that isn't 25+ years old.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2008, 03:32:42 PM »
Yeah, I honestly struggle with metal.  It's among the least appealing forms of noise around, at least for me.  Some old black sabbath, well I grew up with a lot of rednecks and i've spent my fair share to whiskey induced metal scream alongs :D

Metal, pop-country, un-inspired rap, and pop anything are very unappealing to me.  Bluegrass, folk, some classical, rock, blues, soul, FUNK!, some dance/trance/electronica stuff, jam bands of all varieties; thats music to live on.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2008, 03:33:37 PM »
TBH I've never heard a really good metal song that isn't 25+ years old.
Wow what has come to this world it all pop crap.
Yeah, I honestly struggle with metal.  It's among the least appealing forms of noise around, at least for me.  Some old black sabbath, well I grew up with a lot of rednecks and i've spent my fair share to whiskey induced metal scream alongs :D

Metal, pop-country, un-inspired rap, and pop anything are very unappealing to me.  Bluegrass, folk, some classical, rock, blues, soul, FUNK!, some dance/trance/electronica stuff, jam bands of all varieties; thats music to live on.
You don't real music then.
Fear and death in the wings, in thrall of those fallen from grace
Petty is as petty does, witness the mass disgrace.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2008, 03:40:04 PM »
lol. Go off and listen to some incoherent screaming then. Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden is all good stuff... I can't stand Hair Metal or Nu Metal or Death Metal or Black Metal and all it's other modern varieties. Good singing, for me, is vital in music. You can get away with a boring guitar as long as the song is catchy and the singing is good... but add in a crappy singer and I can't stand it.

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2008, 03:44:00 PM »
lol. Go off and listen to some incoherent screaming then. Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden is all good stuff... I can't stand Hair Metal or Nu Metal or Death Metal or Black Metal and all it's other modern varieties. Good singing, for me, is vital in music. You can get away with a boring guitar as long as the song is catchy and the singing is good... but add in a crappy singer and I can't stand it.
Metal isn't about screaming witch you think it is do you even take the time to listen to metal? Lamb of God Slipknot Slayer are the best bands out there not the same old pop bands that sound all the same singing about why he/she left me.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2008, 03:50:55 PM »
Metal isn't about screaming witch you think it is do you even take the time to listen to metal?
Yes, I have. I actually do like real metal a lot.
Metal->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S524O_XNoLM
lolwut->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQYPn_en6OU

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2008, 03:52:12 PM »
Yes, I have. I actually do like real metal a lot.
Metal->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S524O_XNoLM
lolwut->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQYPn_en6OU
I grew up listing to metal I'm not saying your a poser or anything just to lazy to scroll down all the way.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2008, 04:18:31 PM »
lots of double bass doesn't make a metal band "good"

Wow what has come to this world it all pop crap.You don't real music then.

I pretty much take direct offense to that.  I simply stated I don't like them.  My personal choice.  Now your stating I don't know real music.  Now it isn't my personal choice but you telling me what to listen to.  This just shows your a biased tool of the genre that currently has you hooked.

Your whole approach to music as you stated to me is what repulses me to pop-music.

Speaking of tools:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhjG47gtMCo
if I remember correctly this album was almost completely about how he envisioned his mothers experiences while she lay in a coma.  crazy stuff.

Glock, get this straight.  I'm not out to declare your music inferior (even if I may believe it so); I'm here to help you broaden your horizons.

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2008, 04:21:06 PM »

I pretty much take direct offense to that.  I simply stated I don't like them.  My personal choice.  Now your stating I don't know real music.  Now it isn't my personal choice but you telling me what to listen to.  This just shows your a biased tool of the genre that currently has you hooked.

Your whole approach to music as you stated to me is what repulses me to pop-music.

Speaking of tools:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhjG47gtMCo
if I remember correctly this album was almost completely about how he envisioned his mothers experiences while she lay in a coma.  crazy stuff.

Glock, get this straight.  I'm not out to declare your music inferior (even if I may believe it so); I'm here to help you broaden your horizons.

I'm not telling you what you can and can't not listened to if you want to listened to the Jonas brothers be my guest (even they suck) it up to you im just saying what i think is real music before all these toejam and poser bands come and screw up our kids.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2008, 04:23:28 PM »
No.  You told me I don't listen to real music.  You didn't tell me you weren't a fan of my tastes.  But whatever, this topic is waaaaaay off anyways.

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2008, 04:24:34 PM »
No.  You told me I don't listen to real music.  You didn't tell me you weren't a fan of my tastes.  But whatever, this topic is waaaaaay off anyways.
No really im just saying what on my mind about this so call crap you call music.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2008, 04:39:13 PM »
I grew up listing to metal I'm not saying your a poser or anything just to lazy to scroll down all the way.
Scroll down what all the way?
I was wondering if anyone else found this annoying.

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2008, 04:40:45 PM »
Scroll down what all the way?I was wondering if anyone else found this annoying.
In.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2008, 04:53:14 PM »
No, really I'm just saying what is on my mind about this so called crap you call music.

There, I fixed it so that it makes sense.  You struggle with grammar much or are you just lazy about it?  Annoying to have to decipher your posts to simply understand your meaning.

It's abundantly clear to me now that you have a lot of trouble differentiating between stating personal tastes and insulting other's tastes.  I attempted to show my musical influences.  All you've done is insult them.  Simply stating your disinterest and supplying reasons for such would be a lot more creative and helpful.

But with all the opportunities you've been provided to do so you simply rag on others.  Sad.