Author Topic: # of Scenarios with complete planesets  (Read 454 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
# of Scenarios with complete planesets
« on: October 24, 2008, 12:46:52 AM »
How many scenarios can we run in AH with complete planesets?  No substitutions and only obscure aircraft, or those which are functionally identical to others, missing, e.g. no need to model an aircraft that introduced a pressurized cockpit.  I'm having trouble thinking of one.  Even late war ETO has gaps.

I know the rest of you can do better! :o
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 12:50:34 AM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: # of Scenarios with complete planesets
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 01:43:46 AM »
DGS ran just fine with a pretty complete plane set.

Depends on how you set it up.  You could run some nice Channel Front 42-43 stuff with the AH plane set.

Spit Vs and IXs, Tiffies, Bostons, Mitchell IIs, Mossies vs the 109s, 190s, 110s and Ju88s
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 08:11:02 AM »
i think the AvA when it's afrika or BoB are fairly well fleshed out.. except for the missing he-111 of course.

Italian/Med setups are more or less doable.

I'm assuming early PAC 42-43 is doable, albeit with some gap in IJA bombers... but a CV campaign might work.  Pearl Harbor, too.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 10:08:00 AM »
DGS was more complete than most, but still not complete in the everyday sense of the word because of some missing Luftwaffe aircraft.  The 109G-14 and 109K-4 belong there, but both are a poor substitute for a 109G-14/AS, G-6/AS or a 109G-10.  Regardless, I'll agree that it's hard to do better than DGS with the planeset we have. :aok

In BoB, not only do we not have the He 111, or the Do-17, but our Ju-88A-4 always subs for an A-1, and our version of the Stuka also missed the battle (We need the Ju 87B).

For early war PTO battles we don't have the Buffalo or the TBD devastator, which fought in the battle of midway, the next FSO.

A Hurricane Mk IIB would be the first Hurricane to go to North Africa, which should be opposed by a 109E-7.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 10:51:52 AM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 11:20:31 AM »
We have gaping holes in our planeset for scenarios.

I could list them but that would be of little help.

I would suggest however, since the MA has a planeset that is more then large enough, that aircraft added further be for Scenario play enabling us to cover the complete timeframe of WW2.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 11:38:03 AM »
If we got a TBD and Betty, early war Japanese scenarios might be fairly do-able.

But, then again, how much use are those planes going to see outside of scenarios?

Now, if we could ever generate any sort of following in early war....
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 11:45:13 AM »
But, then again, how much use are those planes going to see outside of scenarios?

AH has multiple scenario-like events every week.  FSO is a scenario that runs 3+ times a month.  I wouldn't have a subscription if things were otherwise.

So asking how often they'll be used outside of scenarios is irrelevant, because scenarios happen frequently.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!