Author Topic: Bomber Gunners  (Read 321 times)

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Bomber Gunners
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2000, 01:19:00 PM »
Snafu,

The current system allows a single gunner to control all the guns that can be brought to bear on a single fighter.  This is a compromise that gives a lone pilot/gunner, or a pilot with a single gunner, maximum effectiveness (without resorting to otto).

The problem arises when the buff is attacked by more than one fighter.  In this case, it might be an advantage to have more than one gunner.  However, it would make the "multi-gun system" that we have now very complicated.

I suppose the multi-gun system could be switched off if more than one human gunner is on the plane.  Maybe we'll see that in the future.  However, I doubt that there are too many instances when this would actually be an advantage.

popeye

KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline snafu

• Silver Member
      • http://www.btinternet.com/~snaffers
Bomber Gunners
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2000, 05:20:00 PM »
Hi Popeye,
Probably my fault for not explaining myself very well, I understand the current set up but was wondering why it had been done this way. i.e. Why was it decided to only allow 1 person to join a bomber I would have thought that with the current trend of using more than 1 fighter to take out a buff, being able to fire in several directions simultaineously would be a very useful feature. Although I agree the distribution of the positions amongst the gunners could be a nightmare to program.

TTFN
snafu

Offline iculus

• Copper Member
Bomber Gunners
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2000, 09:38:00 PM »
Part of the reason that I came back to AH is the excellent bomber-gunner interface.  Not having otto is good.

IC