Author Topic: a new player and im a bit overwhelmed ...  (Read 1360 times)

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
Re: a new player and im a bit overwhelmed ...
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2008, 11:27:21 AM »
I was under the impression that film viewer came standard with the game download.

It did for me just a week ago when I had to re-download and re-install AH2 and the Film Viewer.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2008, 05:57:26 PM »
you will need a video download from the site called aceshighII film veiwer

Please excuse cdmanm, he's new. And while he is trying to be helpful, this information is wrong. The aces high film viewer does come with the  game, there isn't any extra download needed. The reason it comes with the game is because it uses the game engine to display the films. To find the film viewer, click start, programs, Aces High II and you will find it listed there.

Offline Tom5572

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2008, 12:52:55 PM »
This game is great. Welcome, sir, the community we have here is outstanding and most of the guys will bend over backwards to help you.  The aforementioned links will help a lot.  It is very easy to get frustrated with this game, remember they are cartoon airplanes and not to get all bent out of shape over it.
If you must look on the web, netaces.org is a great place.  There are also some books that are very helpful.  One is called "In Pursuit: A Pilots Guide to Online Air Combat"  by Johan Kylander another is "Fighter Combat: Tactics and Maneuvering" by Robert Shaw.  Both are good and will help a lot, though they are a dry read.  Only get them if you are serious about this game otherwise you will have wasted your money.
Have a great time and again, welcome!
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2008, 04:12:30 PM »
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline helbent

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2008, 12:45:29 PM »
Regarding a controller/joystick. Would you rather drive you car and steer it with a crescent wrench or a steering wheel?

While in high school, I used to work at a garage/gas station.  Had a guy come in one day that was looking for the nut to fit his steering column so that he could put his steering wheel back on.  In the meantime he had a pair of vise grips locked onto it (I know not a crescent wrench).  We looked around the shop and was unable to find the part that he needed, so he jumped back into his car and left the station.  As he pulled out into traffic, the vise grips must have slipped off his steering column or something, so he slammed on the brakes and caused a 4 car pileup behind him.  He promptly reattached his "steering mechanism" and took off unscathed and was never seen again!  LOL

sry for the hijack
Creator and original CO of the now HiJacked Squad -=Hell Hounds=-
Never argue with an idiot.  They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Avator by fugi.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2008, 07:46:52 PM »
While in high school, I used to work at a garage/gas station.  Had a guy come in one day that was looking for the nut to fit his steering column so that he could put his steering wheel back on.  In the meantime he had a pair of vise grips locked onto it (I know not a crescent wrench).  We looked around the shop and was unable to find the part that he needed, so he jumped back into his car and left the station.  As he pulled out into traffic, the vise grips must have slipped off his steering column or something, so he slammed on the brakes and caused a 4 car pileup behind him.  He promptly reattached his "steering mechanism" and took off unscathed and was never seen again!  LOL

sry for the hijack

Worth it IMO, thanks for the chuckle.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54