Author Topic: SKOTH Suggestions  (Read 2792 times)

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
SKOTH Suggestions
« on: November 01, 2008, 11:09:37 PM »
Ok, let the suggestions/ideas fly.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
Re: SKOTH Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 11:34:17 PM »
Think 2 squads per zone is a must. It may have just been a case of 2 squads hitting the opponent to the left first and 1 picking the one on the right. But whoever got in last always won.

Not against everyone flying the same plane.

How about friendly collisions off for zone fights and on for main rumble area?

Wish there was a way to let squads going to the rumble center get back to even numbers without the Bozo factor coming into play.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 11:48:56 PM »
Two squads per zone works well. We just need to figure out what to do with the spare squad in case some one no shows like tonight. This seems to be the single biggest issue needing addressing.

I would also suggest we all fly the same plane.
Maybe the first round anything goes, then as per KOTH tradition, the winning squad chooses the next ride and it goes from there. Though I didn't really mind fighting different planes. Ultimately it was still winging skills that won the fight.

We might want to consider some sort of no fly zone around the passes. There were two times that we Muppets could have been waiting to pick guys off as they exited (or were even still in) the pass between areas, where they wouldn't have much room to move, because we finished our fight before they did. I could see this potentially being abused.

I liked the fuel burn where it was. Those choosing to fly spits had to watch their fuel carefully. Going back to my second point, I think that if we were all choosing one plane, we'd see less all spit squads. Not many people chose the spit last time I flew KOTH, I think this would encourage a more diverse planeset in this event too.
-AoM-

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 08:53:34 AM »
And rotating squads in the zones after each round.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 09:59:42 AM »
<S> Dogg and all participants, was fun stuff!
 Two squads fighting each other should be the way it goes, as shown on saturday it is all to easy for 1 squad to sandbag ever so slightly and just PIK off the other 2 engaged with each other.
I think same plane is a good idea unless you change the alt cap after merge! In other words, all participants must merge below a specified alt, after this it is unlimited, that way the advantages of some planes could be used. Keeping the alt cap limited thru-out the fight will seriously hinder variations in aircraft being used. And if we are to limit the use of some plane merely by circumstance and or rules, then limit them all by using same planes.  :aok

The RUMBLERENA I think will have many problems when more squads join this event. The fact that there are only 3 countries to represent the " potentially many squads " that may be in the RUMBLERENA at the same time will create cofusion and the red is dead mentality will prevail, as in the heat of battle it is easier to key on the red icons, so say if 4 squads enter being knights then the other 2 squads I believe will be at a disadvantage merely by circumstance.

I think an absolute rule of--> NO HO on initial merge is a must! " Just to keep tempers down a little "

Friedly collisions can stay, although it will take some time for most to get use to as there is no concern for it now since most everyone flies in the MA. You can walk thru your house a thousand times and as soon as the wife places a rug where one has never been, you're sure to trip on it for about a week--> same mentality :aok

Oh and you will need some help with law and order Dogg! as this event will be very aggressive and heated  :devil

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 10:59:08 AM »
Hmm! another idea may be to have squads commit up to 6 pilots and divide into pairs, 1 pair commited to a fight arena and each fight arena will fight 2v2v2 winning squad moves toward RUMBLERENA. This way the " sandbag pikfest " probably won't affect all of a squads commitment. Also have an inner circle in the RUMBLERENA so all victors will hold in the outer circle till all winners can advance into the inner circle at the same time. Just a few ,ore thoughts!!!!

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 04:37:27 PM »
I think, if we are going to make everyone fly the same plane here what we should do:
1. Allow all perk planes, other than the 163.

2. Allow Refuling for the squad.

It has to be done by two squads fighting one another, the two squads closest to the valley is going to get picked by the other squad still tring to get there, furthest away from the valley. If its going to be only two squads, choose the two bases closest to the valley, that way, we can get rounds done faster.

Thats the only thing I can see the would be the biggest issues.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 04:40:57 PM »
It has to be done by two squads fighting one another, the two squads closest to the valley is going to get picked by the other squad still tring to get there, furthest away from the valley. If its going to be only two squads, choose the two bases closest to the valley, that way, we can get rounds done faster.

This will be fixed with a no fight zone!  So there is no worry's there.

As far as the refueling, Not yet convinced we need that.  Having no refuels will help control the uber rides being choosen all the time.  Will also make it more interesting with other rides.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 05:39:44 PM »
I was thinking a simple map edit, making the no fight zones a real light red (or maybe white so all dar cons show up easy) circle, should do the trick... Police with cm eye. Anyone violating it, gets the team dq'd for that round.
-AoM-

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 05:59:13 PM »
This will be fixed with a no fight zone!  So there is no worry's there.

As far as the refueling, Not yet convinced we need that.  Having no refuels will help control the uber rides being choosen all the time.  Will also make it more interesting with other rides.
There is people here who cannot "maintain" their ammo or fuel. At least, have one person able to Refuel. It may not be your probelm, but it could lead to more interesting fights.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 06:24:07 PM »
Maintaining fuel/ammo is part of the equation. Why should it be any different in this event than in regular KOTH?
By allowing refuels, people can take up 25% light birds and spray their ammo carelessly.
-AoM-

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 06:39:54 PM »
Maintaining fuel/ammo is part of the equation. Why should it be any different in this event than in regular KOTH?
By allowing refuels, people can take up 25% light birds and spray their ammo carelessly.

Agreed
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW

Offline BluKitty

• Nickel Member
      • http://
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 06:52:28 PM »
Also, you should make clear where the no-fly zone is...  I took advantage of a team flying out of the canyon by flying along the cliffs, and jumping a spit as he flew out of the canyon.  I didn't go into the canyon, but it didn't seem the nicest approach looking back.  Perhaps there should be a defined ring around the canyon exits as well, but not sure how you would define it.

Shrek has an interesting idea by splitting up into 2v2 groups, but that might go agianst the idea of a squad KOTH, as it would be wingman pairs until the rumble zone.  I'd try it, if other folks like the idea.  Perhaps rotation is the best answer to sandbagging, but odd numbered squads will be an issue until we figure out something that works well.

Also, I'm for the single plane type, to stick with traditional KOTH.
I'd also question the limited icon range, though I do see some good points to it, certainly between green teamed squads.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 06:55:23 PM by BluKitty »

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2008, 09:53:46 PM »
Agree.

R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2008, 10:37:04 PM »
Perhaps there should be a defined ring around the canyon exits as well, but not sure how you would define it.

Mark it on the map like I suggested. Think radar circle already drawn in on clipboard map... For the actual map, make an area of land at the opening of the channel. No fights can take place above this land line.
-AoM-