Author Topic: Host Lost Connection  (Read 317 times)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Host Lost Connection
« on: November 02, 2008, 05:53:46 PM »
 :furious
That is what it says.  Never had this big of a problem, now I do.  My firewall is allowing AHII to pass, and I have tried shutting it off also.
I get that message as soon as I go to any runway.  I have a grasp on the servers being busy, just wondered if I am the only one having this problem...

One other point.  When I was able to get back into the game, for a short time, it reset my B-17 to the default skin and set my ord. load to 24-100's, which I never carry.  It's not my intardnet connection, since everything else is working as it should.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 06:05:34 PM by 100Coogn »
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Host Lost Connection
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 05:53:41 AM »
Sounds like an anti-virus program running to me.  Particularly since the game's config files are being messed with by some other program.  Could be a virus as well, possbily spyware/malware.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Tom082980

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 07:34:17 AM »
I am having the same problem with my skins and loadouts being defaulted, i has happened once so far yesterday, but i have been losing my connection regularly for 3-4 days about every hour,  it is starting to sap the fun right out of this game for me.
Hell, it might not be very sportsman like...but it's a kill.  "Chuck Yeager"
R.I.P 11Bravo

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 08:15:21 AM »
Tom, at least one of your problems is Internet related with your ISP. 

The problem here could also be Internet related but there is no data provided to indicate what the actual problem is yet.

Skins and loadouts being defaulted simply means the game cannot save its configuration files, meaning they are probably marked read-only.  The result of some security program (anti-virus, anti-bot, anti something) preventing the game from saving its files.

Unfortunately, once a program creates a mess like this for the game, it is usually best to completely remove the game folders and re-install the game.  BUT, if you do not shut down the program causing this, then it will happen again and again.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 08:30:39 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com