Author Topic: gun emplacent points  (Read 1927 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: gun emplacent points
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2009, 05:30:04 PM »
The IL should be a major perk ride
Great... I'll fly the hurri IId more. :P
See Rule #4

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2009, 05:31:24 PM »
If you pepper a tank with .50 cals you're not going to do anything but waste ammunition or steal the kill from the tanker who should have gotten it.
Or the hurri D pilot. :furious
See Rule #4

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2009, 05:57:11 PM »
the coward is the tard dropping eggs on a tank-where is the bravery there or taking a tankers perks peppering a tank with 12.7 .The IL should be a major perk ride

I love this whine.  So, I suppose by your 'tard like way of thinking, only a GV should be able to kill another GV?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2009, 09:57:36 PM »
and i must have like a freaking powder magazine

:lol
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline skullman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2009, 08:38:30 AM »
first ack ack I apologize for name calling as it does noone any good.This is a game of war not just flight.I enjoy all aspects of the game but I enjoy the ground aspect more.I participate in all fighter,bomber gv.I just dont understand what supposedly makes one better than the other.the talk about risk.Only risk here is carpal tunnel syndrome.All the furballers want the weebles perked.I want the IL perked as do a lot of ground pounders.Guess same advice I recieved about the IL post could be used here-stay away from em or bomb from high alt.the one thing that isnt fair is a 50 cal gun run on a tiger gets the kill after a tanker takes it out.The one that does the killing damage should get the kill.I know bombing gvs is a part of war but how many 8th air force or royal air force took up hvy bombers too bust an attack.I feel that strategy is pretty lame.As for the perk issue on the cv-so I guess they never defended the field or ships from attack.Or used gun to soften the target before assualt.I will get in a field gun if they are trying to cap-been vulched too much
been there destroyed that

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2009, 09:18:23 AM »
Perks for gun kills?  Nope.  They are what they are and there is no need to change the current system.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2009, 05:51:29 AM »
Perhaps perks for gun-kills could be awarded to spend on other guns.

For example, you'll need an x amount of gun-perks before you can get in the larger (5'') guns. Or even the mother of all guns on the cruiser.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2009, 06:33:51 AM »
first ack ack I apologize for name calling as it does noone any good.This is a game of war not just flight.I enjoy all aspects of the game but I enjoy the ground aspect more.I participate in all fighter,bomber gv.I just dont understand what supposedly makes one better than the other.the talk about risk.Only risk here is carpal tunnel syndrome.All the furballers want the weebles perked.I want the IL perked as do a lot of ground pounders.Guess same advice I recieved about the IL post could be used here-stay away from em or bomb from high alt.the one thing that isnt fair is a 50 cal gun run on a tiger gets the kill after a tanker takes it out.The one that does the killing damage should get the kill.I know bombing gvs is a part of war but how many 8th air force or royal air force took up hvy bombers too bust an attack.I feel that strategy is pretty lame.As for the perk issue on the cv-so I guess they never defended the field or ships from attack.Or used gun to soften the target before assualt.I will get in a field gun if they are trying to cap-been vulched too much

I agree with some of this.   

1.)   B-17/B-24/Lancs/67's taking out GV's.    It is gaming the game, nothing more, nothing less.
2.)   Kill assignments at times are strange.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2009, 08:35:34 AM »
sitting in a gun ,  not uppin a plane = coward! 
$15                     $15               $15
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2009, 09:38:06 AM »
     I have no problem with perks for gun kills, just lose the VT fuses.
Or enable friendly fire for morons who blaze into furballs with the 5 inch.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2009, 11:36:58 AM »
Lost in all the rhetoric was a pretty good idea.

Add a seperate perk category for this, and they have to earn X amount of perks in the gun to be able to command a CV. If a person sinks a ship while they are in command, they lose perks. Varying on Destroyer, Cruiser, and CV, destroyers would be X amount of perks lost, up to the CV.
This would do 2 things:
1.) Enable more ship defense, not just taking command and letting it roam free
2.) You have to work toward commanding a ship.
Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2009, 12:36:02 PM »
Lost in all the rhetoric was a pretty good idea.

I actually thought that this idea was a diamond in the rough myself.   :aok Maybe it deserves a separate wish request.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2009, 04:25:38 PM »
Is there anything much funnier than popping a 500 mph 190A8 VULCHTWIT with a field gun ?-------------------------------> yeah I thought not  :aok

If nothing else, using field guns is hilarious  :aok

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2009, 04:31:23 PM »
Is there anything much funnier than popping a 500 mph 190A8 VULCHTWIT with a field gun ?-------------------------------> yeah I thought not  :aok

Yup puttin 37mm of luv through a tank tard spawn camper. Nothing is better... nothing.
See Rule #4

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2009, 05:03:11 PM »
Yup puttin 37mm of luv through a tank tard spawn camper. Nothing is better... nothing.

Ah! but you don't get the same whirling, twisting, tumbling visual of the A8 in it's agony of doom, all the while knowing the the A8 twit is thinking--> " damn! I knew I shouldn't have been vulching like a tard " :rofl :rofl