Author Topic: Arena caps  (Read 902 times)

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
Re: Arena caps
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 03:13:47 PM »
Why not read what has been explained in the past....
Simple reason because I think there are better ways to fix the issue... I just think that trying to get into an arena for a half hour to fly with your squad sucks..Why did you post something that someone already posted in this thread? :O
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline Wedge1126

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2008, 03:15:33 PM »
Simple reason because I think there are better ways to fix the issue... I just think that trying to get into an arena for a half hour to fly with your squad sucks..

Was there no room for your squad in the other arena?
Wedge

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2008, 03:21:58 PM »
Was there no room for your squad in the other arena?
thats not the point :noid We were busy in that arena :aok

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
      • [URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/?action=view&current=woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg][IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/th_woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2008, 03:29:14 PM »
PERSONNALY I LIKE CAPS!!!!!!

:rofl
 :rofl :rofl
 :rofl :rofl :rofl
 :furious :furious :furious
 :furious :furious
 :furious
See Rule #6

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2008, 04:21:47 PM »
Simple reason because I think there are better ways to fix the issue...

Then please list all your "better ways (multiple) to fix the issue" ... and "use just 1 arena" cannot be one of the "ways" because HT is not going to go back to "just 1 arena".
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2008, 04:54:27 PM »
Then please list all your "better ways (multiple) to fix the issue" ... and "use just 1 arena" cannot be one of the "ways" because HT is not going to go back to "just 1 are
  My point is that why not just have one late war arena like the others?then there would be no cap.Why are there 2 late war arenas and only one of the others? Keep it the way it is for all I care just a pain in the neck at times..I really do not care enough to type on the subject anymore..There are a million ways to make this game better ,but I just have to sit back and wish while HTC has to do the work..Like I said earlier they get my bucks every month until something better comes around some day :noid ! 15 buks a month is pretty cheap entertainment  :D

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2008, 06:34:07 PM »
  My point is that why not just have one late war arena like the others?then there would be no cap.Why are there 2 late war arenas and only one of the others? Keep it the way it is for all I care just a pain in the neck at times..I really do not care enough to type on the subject anymore..There are a million ways to make this game better ,but I just have to sit back and wish while HTC has to do the work..Like I said earlier they get my bucks every month until something better comes around some day :noid ! 15 buks a month is pretty cheap entertainment  :D

I guess you can waste the time to type that bit, but can't waste the time to type a couple of fixes that could make this game so much better. You don't have any ideas at let alone any that havn't been suggested before. Its all about you, "I can't play where I want" "wahhhhhhh!!!"

Take 10 minutes....while waiting for space to open up in that arena you MUST be in and do a little research on the boards and you'll find the problem isn't very easy to solve, and what we have, while not perfect, is the fairest, and best way to handle it for now.

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2008, 08:07:10 PM »
I guess you can waste the time to type that bit, but can't waste the time to type a couple of fixes that could make this game so much better. You don't have any ideas at let alone any that havn't been suggested before. Its all about you, "I can't play where I want" "wahhhhhhh!!!"

Take 10 minutes....while waiting for space to open up in that arena you MUST be in and do a little research on the boards and you'll find the problem isn't very easy to solve, and what we have, while not perfect, is the fairest, and best way to handle it for now.
  I was simply stating that this game has no imagination so waaaaaaaaa to U u simpleton...It is easy to solve it get it? It does not matter if I did type some simple fixes not like anything is going to change lol.. I was just venting ,but U want to make a personal attack it seems..It is all about the customer that does not get heard...It is all about the customer that got burnt on years of wasted time on the combat tour.. Why don't u tell me were is the imagination...Hmmmm. well hey guys we need 3 country's to make this work..Whats that game u play again?? Its chess...OH lets have nits bish ,and rooks...Wow that is a splendid idea..Ok well that will work just fine :D Ok what we gonna do with supply? Well lets have a supply line that never ends..We will put up factories but they really don't matter..They can up 2 million planes as long as the hangers are up..If the hangers are down it will only take 15 minutes for them to reup  and then they get as many more as they like :rofl Give me a break dude it is people like u that keep this game bare minimum...Do u get that troll?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2008, 09:07:22 PM »
So your saying that by changing the the name of the countries to something other than bish, rooks, knits it would be a better game? The simplicity of your post shows no imagination.

"Its all about the customer that doesn't get heard" what does this mean? HTC has always listened to their customer base. They havn't always agreed with them....thank god ! but they do listen.

"It is all about the customer that got burnt on years of wasted time on the combat tour" LOL!!! you mean you have been sitting their drooling and panting waiting for a game? The auto industry said we would all be driving "flying cars" by now, I don't hear you whining about that. Grow up, they are working on CT, not to actively at the moment, but it still may come.....some day. Pull up a chair. ;)

By you not posting valid ideas, it shows you really don't have any. Come back when you get one or two.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2008, 11:03:25 PM »
"It is all about the customer that got burnt on years of wasted time on the combat tour" LOL!!! you mean you have been sitting their drooling and panting waiting for a game?

Heh.  I note that his identity first appeared in March, 2008.

- oldman (which would explain why he's vacant on the reasons for the arena split, I suppose)

Offline Kotari

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2008, 06:34:45 AM »
When i came to this game, first thing i didīt like about the game was the arena caps.
And i still donīt like em, however "hard to solve problem" or whatever the reason is, i just donīt like em.
It is not nice to start the game by searching for where friends are flying now, and then waiting on a queue 120/200 to the server they appear to be in.
Anyone need to pay attention about me not liking the caps ? well guess not....move along.
-=Die RammjÃĪger VIII=-
Lentolaivue 34

"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults"

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2008, 07:46:55 AM »

Why not 1 LW arena ... simply put ... HT deemed that 1 LW arena was costing him money ... he was losing players faster than he was gaining them and the reason was that the notion of 600+ people in 1 arena was causing an "unhealthy" community causing people to leave the game.

Why MW and EW only have 1 arena ... because, for some unknown reason, it is "hip" to fly in the LW arenas and fly the LW monsters so the population and the "health" of those arenas don't require a "split".

Keep it the way it is for all I care ... As Fugitive has pointed out, it all about you I guess. Forget about HTC trying to make a profit and pay their employees a decent and fair wage in today's world ... they should forget about their bottom line and do what we ask of them, regardless if it drives them to the poor house and/or out of business.

There are a million ways to make this game better ... I am not so sure that there are a "million" ways, but granted, there ways to do things better ... but combing the 2 LW arenas into one (on a consistent basis) is not one of them. Just for chits and giggles, what are a couple of your ideas that could make the game better ?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2008, 07:55:01 AM »
Still no idea now the current set-up is considered 'fair'.

One country with the numbers in one LW arena, a different country with the numbers in the other LW arena, and the third split between them.

Maybe we need a 3rd LW arena for the third country to have the numbers in LOLOLOL.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2008, 11:22:43 AM »
Ok I been around since tour 72 or 74... No it's not the country names that would make the game better..The point of that comment was were is the imagination...I think most of the game improvements would come with reconfiguring the supply system..As far as the caps I can live with them as previously stated. No after the AI came out for offline practice it crushed the CT for me, but I no there were a lot of people looking forward to it.. Yes maybe I voiced a little to much of a negative type of an opinion so if I offended anyone with my rants I apologize. As far as this game goes I really enjoy playing it in all honesty.. I believe that HTC has put together a great game over all ,and a lot of hard work in doing that :salute I believe that there are many improvements that can be made to this game to make it a little better for the way I would like it to be...Although there ore thousands of customers probably with a little bit of there own version of how to make it better,and folks who would never want to change a thing :aok I believe that I may have posted more on a negative instead on a positive note so once again if I have offended anyone I do apologize.. :salute

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2008, 04:35:33 PM »
I don't like the arena caps, never really have and can sympathise with folks trying to get in to join their squaddies, I have no idea what the fix is, but eventually I'd like something to give and at least try something different.
Not a rant or vent, just saying that the Arena caps don't sit too well with me either.
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c