Author Topic: Dont think plane....think ACM  (Read 4825 times)

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
Re: Dont think plane....think ACM
« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2008, 12:55:31 PM »
Yes I've taken an LA-7 in my D9 in DA. But I had to spiral roped it. We merged at 8k, I pop up above 10k right away while baiting the LA-7 to follow me up. Knowing my climb > the LA7 at 10k which worked out perfectly. The fight lasted a min and 20 secs or so after merge. We were never 1.5-2k away from each other. However, that's using OTHER method then TnB.

I found if an La-7 KNow what he's doing the D9 is gunna end up doing a nose down donig scissors etc trying to keep that E at a good turning speed so he can maintain the best turn radius. THat will eventually end up on the deck and then the La-7 Eat up the D9.

Here's the film of that fight.

http://files.filefront.com/190D9vLa7ahf/;10092241;/fileinfo.html
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2008, 01:18:04 PM »
I cant be anything other then straight up with you here Yenny.

1) the la flew a horrible merge
2) you totally lost the 190 at the top and were probably dead vs any decent la driver right there
3) you offered up a prime time shot that the lala just misses on your recovery
4) you flew right up thru the la's stall and then buried the la under your artwork
5) the shot you hit while nice was poorly set up and easily avoidable by a decent foe

You "won" because the other guy was just about clueless and make every mistake he could. Who continues to climb up under a con in a near stall and then flies a predictable path as the guy rolls over one him. I also know that the clip is 6 months+ old and you've gotten much much better...but the la had enough speed he could have just followed you right up if he'd actually seen you vs just flying his merge.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: November 17, 2008, 01:53:44 PM »
To me the most critical elements of a spiral climb are as follows:

1) your creating a true spiral path that has both a rate of climb and a rate of turn

2) you've established a spiral path that allows you to maintain a view on the con(s)

3) you've established a smooth trajectory that minimizes E bleed while forcing the con attempt to pull lead along both a vertical and flight path component...

4) that you maintain complete control of your airplane in transition

5) your tming is such that you begin transition prior to your opponents stall auch that your fully in controlled flight and arrive at your guns solution during a period when the con has minimal control surface authority...
http://www.az-dsl.com/snaphook/spiral%20climb.ahf

I took this from the 1st 190 hop. NoW I havent flown a 190 in a long time, this is a universal move not a 190 move. Obviously you need to tailor it to circumstance but you do not need a lot of room or a huge advantage in E to execute it. Like all things ACM its a judgement call and subject to pilot error...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2008, 03:05:53 PM »

5) your tming is such that you begin transition prior to your opponents stall auch that your fully in controlled flight and arrive at your guns solution during a period when the con has minimal control surface authority...

I mess that part up on ropes all the time.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #109 on: November 17, 2008, 03:14:42 PM »
^_^ if plane doesnt matter like some claimed! I'm still waiting to see someone out turn my La-7 in their D9 like they claimed!

Are you directing this at me?   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #110 on: November 17, 2008, 03:15:16 PM »
Hmm I don't recall you ever claim that, so I don't think so.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #111 on: November 17, 2008, 03:16:54 PM »
Hmm I don't recall you ever claim that, so I don't think so.

You obviously didn't read my post on the previous page then.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #112 on: November 17, 2008, 03:23:49 PM »
^^ Musta went vs new la7s pilot=)
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #113 on: November 17, 2008, 03:25:45 PM »
^^ Musta went vs new la7s pilot=)

No biggie, was just thinking "Damn, I make a post this morning and already...."   

:salute
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: November 17, 2008, 03:26:39 PM »
I think we can all agree that you WILL find yourself caught in a bad situation in the air time to time, and being ready to exploit a mistake on the opponent's part is better than letting go of the stick and going to get a coke.  :)
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: November 17, 2008, 03:27:12 PM »
No biggie, was just thinking "Damn, I make a post this morning and already...."   

:salute

lol sry i'm at work so kinda just skimming through, didn't see ur earlier post sorry=)
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #116 on: November 17, 2008, 06:07:00 PM »
I hate to get into one of these arguments, but here I am.  I agree with the above statement.  If aircraft type didn't matter there would be no motivation to upgrade, improve, and replace aircraft with higher performance models.  This is such an easy reductio ad absurdum [cheap shot] only the biggest narcissists refuse to admit it [/cheap shot]. :devil

Again, it seems to me your confusing real life with the game again. We are talking about the game Aces High, not real life pilots and aircraft.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #117 on: November 17, 2008, 06:16:07 PM »
Again, it seems to me your confusing real life with the game again. We are talking about the game Aces High, not real life pilots and aircraft.
Explain to me how the progression of fighter performance in Aces High is not comparable to real life, please.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #118 on: November 17, 2008, 06:18:09 PM »

Why play then when u r better at rammin people and kamakazing O.o ^^ why bother fightin at all?
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #119 on: November 17, 2008, 06:23:58 PM »
Explain to me how the progression of fighter performance in Aces High is not comparable to real life, please.

Please enlighten us, regale us with heroic tales of "Anaxogoras' views on AH."
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC