Author Topic: You don't NEED a gun simplified.  (Read 4217 times)

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
Re: You don't NEED a gun simplified.
« Reply #165 on: November 25, 2008, 02:08:47 PM »
ink...we can tell the morons of this planet who feel compelled to nose in and meddle in other countries and other people's affairs from oceans away or down the street to BUTT OUT...but it won't do any good...  

They know EVERYTHING, and that gives them the Cod given right to impress their beliefs on everyone else.

Really...all it shows is that they are bad neighbors--weather 14,000 miles away or 3 houses away.

I guess we should all go to foreign forums and start pontificating on how we think they should live their lives....

No wait...let's not.

That would be.....I don't know........

RUDE.

ROX

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #166 on: November 25, 2008, 03:10:42 PM »
ink...we can tell the morons of this planet who feel compelled to nose in and meddle in other countries and other people's affairs from oceans away or down the street to BUTT OUT...but it won't do any good...  

They know EVERYTHING, and that gives them the Cod given right to impress their beliefs on everyone else.

Really...all it shows is that they are bad neighbors--weather 14,000 miles away or 3 houses away.

I guess we should all go to foreign forums and start pontificating on how we think they should live their lives....

No wait...let's not.

That would be.....I don't know........

RUDE.

ROX

Given the USA like to stick it's nose into other countries business on a daily basis, trying to tell them how to write their laws and live their lives, you might want to stop and think about what you're saying. Posts on this BBS criticizing other countries, their citizens and the way they live are not unusual. Yet you don't like it the other way around.

It makes me sad this thread contains all of the poorly thought uneducated hipocritical tripe american's are often stereotyped with overseas.

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #167 on: November 25, 2008, 03:56:10 PM »
Vulcan---We're not talking about what happens between governments --we're talking about people on this board who want to poke their nose in, pontificate and meddle in what others chose to do.

(This guy isn't the sharpest crayon in the box, is he?)

ROX

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #168 on: November 25, 2008, 04:03:19 PM »
nm..not worth it
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 04:10:25 PM by Curval »
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #169 on: November 25, 2008, 04:07:38 PM »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #170 on: November 25, 2008, 04:09:32 PM »
Given the USA like to stick it's nose into other countries business on a daily basis, trying to tell them how to write their laws and live their lives, you might want to stop and think about what you're saying. Posts on this BBS criticizing other countries, their citizens and the way they live are not unusual. Yet you don't like it the other way around.

It makes me sad this thread contains all of the poorly thought uneducated hipocritical tripe american's are often stereotyped with overseas.

Funny how so many other countries don't like our meddling.... but they keep their hand out for more money. I personally fell we should keep our business here in the States and keep our money too.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #171 on: November 25, 2008, 04:36:07 PM »
Vulcan---We're not talking about what happens between governments --we're talking about people on this board who want to poke their nose in, pontificate and meddle in what others chose to do.

(This guy isn't the sharpest crayon in the box, is he?)

ROX

Rox, it appears from your posts that your literacy is somewhat challenged so I'll explain things for you.

I'm pro gun. I own a gun. My original post was pointing out that the reasoning on points being made was invalid, and illogical, and easily disproven and there are better ways to get your point across. In fact I agreed that the US situation for firearms is fairly unique and in no way think changing the laws would help you.

However, in a brilliant exhibition of illiteracy, grammar and language that would make Jerry Spring proud,  and demonstration in the mathematics that has sent NASA probes slamming into the surface of mars you and a few others came out fighting and shouting me down rather than listening.

So, if some liberal starts passing gun laws in the future crippling your rights, I'll sit on the sidelines here laughing and telling you I told you so :)

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #172 on: November 25, 2008, 04:52:43 PM »
Vulcan....since it appears you don't have the intellect to tie your own shoes...I'll type this R-e-a-l  s-l-o-w, so who ever reading it to you can explain the more complicate over 4 letter words....

Unless you have already renounced your New Zealand citizenship, moved to America, become a nationalized citizen....

Nobody gives a chunky PILE what your thoughts are on American Gun laws....PERIOD.  You are NOT a US citizen! 

Please feel to stick you weapon.

The topic has always been gun laws in America (PLEASE read original article---published by a Wisconsin group).  Please realize--your Anti-American axe to grind doesn't help either.

What a flippin' troll.

ROX

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #173 on: November 25, 2008, 05:04:32 PM »
LOL ohhh I just don't know what to say except you should apologise to the rest of the US population.

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #174 on: November 25, 2008, 05:15:00 PM »
Funny how so many other countries don't like our meddling.... but they keep their hand out for more money. I personally fell we should keep our business here in the States and keep our money too.

While I agree with you, and am also constantly frustrated with the world view of the US, I think I understand it.  Everyone knows we are their Daddy.  Where would they be if enemies were at their door with no fear of America stepping in?  It's so frustrating for them they rebel by throwing out the same ol bashes of the Greatest Country in the world.  I just remind myself that we have great people out there helping us hold this world together the best they can.  So, we keep helping them when they need it cause that's what we do.

Is your bellybutton in a bind?  Call us. 

Everything a-ok, go ahead and trash us, we'll still be there when you need us.  :salute

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #175 on: November 25, 2008, 05:24:47 PM »
LOL ohhh I just don't know what to say except you should apologise to the rest of the US population.

The rest of the US population says pretty much the same thing.....

BUTT OUT!

If you don't like America, don't come here. 

I find your Anti-American axe grinding in here insulting and offensive.

ROX

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #176 on: November 25, 2008, 05:33:36 PM »
mtnman, the USA has MORE deaths per capita. Even if you take more guns into account the USA still has 10x more deaths per capita.

Seriously, do you guys not understand per capita?

I understood you perfectly Vulcan.  You guys have more guns per capita, but fewer gun-related deaths per capita.  That would seem to indicate that gun ownership doesn't lead to gun crime.

I think you missed something.

The second point of my response was that if people choose to do something, they will find a tool to make it happen, even if the tool they want isn't available.  Hence- if someone wants to commit a crime, but doesn't have access to a gun, they'll still find a way to commit the crime. 

An interesting "research project" might be to see if folks committed less crime before firearms were even invented.  That could be a way to link crime to guns.  Good luck with that.
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #177 on: November 25, 2008, 05:48:09 PM »
i think what scares some people is that guns are too easy to kill with. You have to throttle someone with your bare hands you've got a few minutes to reconsider while youre doing it. Once you pull that trigger, a half second action, its all over. Note: i said people, not me, i like guns and wish i could own a rifle to play with.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #178 on: November 25, 2008, 06:20:08 PM »
You may be right Mechanic, but there are other fears.

What scares my nearly 70 year old mother would be someone telling her that she can't carry her KalTec .32 or her preferred 357.  What chance does she have in a fight?  I'm sure she has a better chance armed.

What scares me is that this is being challenged.  So, yes, I am clutching onto my guns, and my constitution.

We benefit from our second amendment's statement that we can own guns for a specific reason.  Here it is again...

Amendment II
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Because of these words, some states have avenues to get a concealled carry permit to legally carry a gun.  I am glad I live in one of those states.  I also believe that if another state wants to ban that right they can go ahead, and they have in New York State.

You may argue the definition, but I don't.  I just keep shooting and cleaning my guns.  I Keep them and myself in working condition in case anything comes up that may call for them.  That doesn't mean self defense only.  It feels good to know how to use a gun and respect it's power.  It feels even better that it is there in case I need it.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #179 on: November 25, 2008, 06:23:01 PM »
What scares alot of the world is that American's seem live in a country where old age pensioners need to fight at all.

edit: dont get me wrong, armed grannies sounds awesome to me
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 06:25:22 PM by mechanic »