Author Topic: LYNX and the other haters  (Read 6911 times)

Offline SkyTiger

• Copper Member
LYNX and the other haters
« on: November 18, 2008, 01:52:48 PM »
Well, I've had about enough.

It's so enjoyable to log into a game I pay money for and get harassed by people who are jealous that a newcomer can do well. The ironic part is that if I totally sucked at this game, people wouldn't care. But since I DARE to actually maintain a positive score most days, I'm some sort of cloaked threat to AH2.

LYNX, I think it's completely pathetic how you act towards me. As you claim, it's not that I can outfly and outfight you (Which I did on day 1 or 2) it's that I 'talk' like a vet here on the forum.

ORLY?

Gee. I looked through these forums and didn't see any detailed AARs. I didn't see anyone relating their experiences daily. I didn't see hardly any people on here talking about POSITIVE aspects of the game.

So who am I then? Since appearently all the true "vets" on here type up detailed AARs, why don't we just go look through old AARs and match it up with mine? Oh wait. There are none.

So if vets don't do AARs like mine, how does typing an AAR make me a vet?

I guess it's knowing what a barrel roll is. Or that the Zeke is nimble but doesn't dive well. Or.. *GASP* knowing what compression is. According to the jealous haters, knowing avionics makes me an AH2 vet.

Funny, because AH2 isn't the end all of flight sims. There are people other than your self-centered selves who know terminology, who know manuvers, who know WWII machinery.

I've read real-life AARs from WWII and have emulated them for the purposes of entertainment and getting pumped up for AH2 even when I'm not actually playing it. I've watched and listened to interviews with WWII vets, including pilots and amazingly enough I've picked up enough to be able to type a good AAR.

So what is your proof?

1.) That I actually did well my first week?

Well that would just make you into some jealous fools, wouldn't it? Assuming that someone good with a stick and with a little practice can't dogfight is absolutely ridiculous. If you flew sims against some of my buddies, you'd be contemplaing suicide because they're a dang sight better than me.

2.) That I write good AARs?

Excuse me for being creative. Excuse me for documenting my fights. Excuse me for sharing my fun with other people. You know what the most pathetic thing is? Folks don't HAVE to read my AARs. They don't have to click "reply" and then type about how mad they are, and I must be a "shade". It's truely sad, truely pathetic and speaks massive volumes about your character.

What would have been ten times funnier is if I would have copy & pasted some of the AARs I've got in a WWII book I have into this and replaced real-world terminology with AH2 terminology. Especially AARs from rookie British pilots during the Blitz. Folks would have been RABIDLY screaming that those accounts were from AH2 vets.  :lol  :lol  :lol

So here's my stand. Either find some evidence that I'm a shade and out me, OR stop being amazinhunks, come over to Knights and talk to me for a while with vox. You'll soon realize I'm NOT your old enemy. I'm NOT some ace from bygone days. I just happen to be good at video games.

*gauntlet in the dust*
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 01:56:26 PM by SkyTiger »

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Re: LYNX and the other haters
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 01:58:52 PM »
Look at me some more!  Look at me some more!  Look at me some more!

:furious      :furious       :furious

Geez
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 01:59:56 PM »
I figured it out......Skytiger is Kaiser Soze :)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 02:02:26 PM by BillyD »
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 02:03:47 PM »
SKYTHAIGAR 100000 POINTS
LYNX -104943

U FEEL HAPPY NOW SKYTHAIGRZ?  :aok

"1.) That I actually did well my first week? "
"2.) That I write good AARs?"

lol.. looks like some self loving going on here...

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 02:08:20 PM »
I must admit i thought you were new until i logged in the other night and saw how you acted on channel 200. Someone ranting about HO's etc. didn't strike me as how a newbie would act or say.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 02:46:54 PM by thrila »
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 02:10:21 PM »
Skytiger, you're letting them get to you. Sounds like you enjoy the game...if anyone is bothering you, squelch them. You won't read their text or hear their vox anymore. If someone is seriously harassing you, report them.

Let them have their anger, jealousy, or fear of a new player. You go out and have fun.

From an unbiased perspective (I do not care if you are a new guy or not, one way or the other) this post makes you seem a lot more like you screaming for attention, than an innocent new guy being harassed by players. Maybe that wasn't your intention, but I'm just calling it like I see it. This "to be a newb or not to be" issue has been beaten to death in your AAR threads. Starting a new one now several days later makes it seem like you enjoy the attention more than it bothers you.

Go up there and have fun like you've been doing. Keep posting AARs if you'd like, I like to read them. Enjoy the game and don't become BBS muck.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 02:12:12 PM by trotter »

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 02:15:51 PM »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 02:19:24 PM »

Go up there and have fun like you've been doing. Keep posting AARs if you'd like, I like to read them. Enjoy the game.

X2
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Tr0jan

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 02:20:16 PM »

Offline viper215

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 02:34:22 PM »
- Viper215 - Birds of Prey - Falcon Wing -
               - www.bops.us -

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 02:40:45 PM »
yup
(Image removed from quote.)

Please don't make me laugh so when eating.  It's dangerous. :D
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2008, 02:41:39 PM »
Skytiger dont sweat it dude!! Alot of vets treat new guys like a redheaded stepchild just play to have fun thats what its all about. Use the squelch command and they will go away. The pride level on many of the AH vets is so large they can barely get through a door. Heaven foirbid ya own one of them in the air, that sends em off the deap end. Just remember until you've been accused of out right cheating then you havent made it. I felt a since of pride when my squad was accused of that. :rofl once that happoened we knew we had arrived :rofl :rofl :salute

Just fly bro and have fun!!!!!!
dont pay them any attention

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008, 02:47:14 PM »
Fear and death in the wings, in thrall of those fallen from grace
Petty is as petty does, witness the mass disgrace.

Offline Prayerz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2008, 03:06:43 PM »
Dont get worked up man, alot of people on that fly AH2 havent branched out to other sims, there are alot though that came from wb and aw. When you fly a combat sim (expecially prop planes) all the moves still relate to this game. I came over from Air Attack(which turned into fighter ace) and the same moves still apply here. In fact the moves happen way slower here and its alot easier to react to, flight model is the only thing to adjust to(slowing to be specific, as well as judging e-state). Granted its extremely hard to get a 1v1, or get a co-e merge, or spend 15 minutes doing evasives while 5 or 6 hungy "lil fellas" try to dive on ya ;) then turn the tide and watch them extend into the next wave of friendlies or grab for the heavens.Have gotten some responses like that but most are harmless. I've even found that many are great guys, but no one likes to lose though. Keep it flying and having fun. I do agree if some of the squadies from the other sims that were elite came over here they would give anyone here a hell of a fight.

Have fun and enjoy the time you spend on here.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2008, 03:13:00 PM »
I figured it out......Skytiger is Kaiser Soze :)

Good movie.   :aok

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder