Author Topic: Petition for Another 3 Country Channel  (Read 1028 times)

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
Petition for Another 3 Country Channel
« on: November 20, 2008, 11:18:38 AM »
I would like to submit a petition to AH that would create another 3 country channel. This new channel, frequency to be determined, would allow some of our more 'sensitive' players to monitor. Things get said on 200 that are sometimes less than flattering. This new channel would ban the words Dweeb, Ho, Politics, Religion, Sexual Orientation, Feminine Products, N00b, Pwnd, <-----, Owns, etc. All the banter that normally takes place on ch. 200 would never exist on the new channel. The new channel would be a feel good channel, where the honor and respect that this video game deserves could shine the brightest. What do you guys think?
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
Re: Petition for Another 3 Country Channel
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 11:20:34 AM »
why not just keep 200 ch and band the words on there
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 11:21:58 AM »
why not just keep 200 ch and band the words on there

Because some people like those words.
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 11:23:54 AM »
Don't run from 200 change it from the inside.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 11:32:42 AM »
so this would be like the elevator music channel for the community?

well actually for some of us it would be the dentist office music channel, soothing our way into a very painful experience!
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline Cobra516

• Copper Member
      • Virtual Thunderbirds
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 11:46:53 AM »
Jesus H. Christ in a chicken basket  -  how can anyone actually get emotionally rattled / upset over something that's said on 200?

If you're that overly sensitive and easily offended, then don't monitor 200 - or learn not to be such a squealing pansy man.  How old are these guys getting offended/upset over stuff said on 200?  I hope they aren't grown men, but it wouldn't surprise me.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 11:49:36 AM by Cobra516 »
Slipping the surly bonds.

"Ray" #3 Right Wing
Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 11:58:27 AM »
I'm about 6 months into the game.  I tuned to channel 200 when I first started and couldn't keep up with it.  I tuned out to focus on the game.

Now I tune to it because it's funny stuff.  It is hilarious to see adults cry and whine about cartoon planes and intangible words displayed on the screen.

I hardly partake in the arguments but they are sure fun to watch.

SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 12:02:29 PM »
??? you mean you want too use 201, or 202, or 203, ect.ect.ect, last i checked all the 200 channels work across all countrys. use just have to find someone one the other side that wants too read your posts! :aok
Flying since tour 71.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 12:10:49 PM »
Jesus H. Christ in a chicken basket  -  how can anyone actually get emotionally rattled / upset over something that's said on 200?

If you're that overly sensitive and easily offended, then don't monitor 200 - or learn not to be such a squealing pansy man.  How old are these guys getting offended/upset over stuff said on 200?  I hope they aren't grown men, but it wouldn't surprise me.

i like you...you seem kewl and stuff  :aok :noid
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 12:11:14 PM »

Ok, let's say that someone who plays this game is gay/overweight/a rape victim etc, and they see references to one of those things on 200, they may be (understandably) be upset by that.

As the people who say such things on 200 in the first place are very unlikely to be considerate to other people's feelings, I have to go with TwentyFo on this one, and I think it's a good idea.

P.S. I just find 200 funny, but not everyone will.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline JB11

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 12:12:34 PM »

Wow!! What did he do?
Never abandon the possibility of attack. Attack even from a position of inferiority, to disrupt the enemy's plans. This often results in improving one's own position. - General Adolf Galland, Luftwaffe
Proverbs 3:5,6

Offline Cobra516

• Copper Member
      • Virtual Thunderbirds
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 12:22:48 PM »
i like you...you seem kewl and stuff  :aok :noid
:lol  I am Captain Awesome of the S.S. Badass - but my coolness pales in comparison to some of the popularity seeking uber drama queens that frequent these forums.
Ok, let's say that someone who plays this game is gay/overweight/a rape victim etc, and they see references to one of those things on 200, they may be (understandably) be upset by that.

As the people who say such things on 200 in the first place are very unlikely to be considerate to other people's feelings, I have to go with TwentyFo on this one, and I think it's a good idea.

P.S. I just find 200 funny, but not everyone will.
That's a rather extreme example, and that's just something they have to deal with whatever way they can, that's their issue, it shouldn't be cause for us to behave any differently.  I don't condone the immature BS spewed on 200, but that is just the way it is when it comes to online gaming, it's terrible and pathetic, but that's how it goes.  These special needs/sensitive people need to understand that the world is a harsh place sometimes, especially the world on the interwebs, but they are only words, and it's in a only a game.

Gotta have thick skin, and get a sense of humor about these sensitive issues.
Wow!! What did he do?
Well, I don't guess he had much to do with it actually, but I think that saying is just funny.  Jesus, in a chicken basket, ha - how about that.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 12:36:08 PM by Cobra516 »

"Ray" #3 Right Wing

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2008, 12:32:07 PM »
:lol  I am Captain Awesome of the S.S. Badass - but my coolness pales in comparison to some of the popularity seeking uber drama queens that frequent these forums. That's a rather extreme example, and that's just something they have to deal with whatever way they can, that's their issue, it shouldn't be cause for us to behave any differently.  I don't condone the immature BS spewed on 200, but that is just the way it is when it comes to online gaming, it's terrible and pathetic, but that's how it goes.  These special needs/sensitive people need to understand that the world is a harsh place sometimes, especially the world on the interwebs, but they are only words, and it's in a only a game.

I agree with you, but I still think that if something can be done to help prevent people becoming offended in the first place (i.e. TwentyFo's proposal for a 'clean' channel), then it ought to be done.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline Cobra516

• Copper Member
      • Virtual Thunderbirds
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2008, 12:34:58 PM »
Yea I agree - clean channel certainly wouldn't hurt.  I guess everyone just needs to decide on a channel and figure out a way to filter it?  Might be easier said than done. 
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 12:38:03 PM by Cobra516 »

"Ray" #3 Right Wing

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2008, 01:36:25 PM »
Just get off 200. :rofl No one is making you read it....twentyfo what is wrong with you? Your usually the one I hear screaming that stuff you want banned anyways. :rolleyes:
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.