Author Topic: Ideas.........  (Read 1563 times)

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
Ideas.........
« on: November 20, 2008, 07:29:43 PM »
OK how about the ability to build an airbase in the game........lets say you and ten of your friends  or a mission go to the hanger fly c47's..."with the new base building supplies".......and land together in enemy territory at a specific destination ..you pop out you field generation supplies and presto! you have a new forward base...the more base building supplies dropped the more estabolish bigger the base.<S> 999000

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
Re: Ideas.........
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 07:36:03 PM »
They would sneek it in NOE next to a HQ and run flak's into it so they could score potato their hit % on GV's. :D
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 07:37:10 PM »
That would turn the game into more of a real time strategy game like Command and Conquer.  Don't think it would work with the aces high foundation but it's not a bad idea for a future sim/strategy game idea

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 07:44:09 PM »
They would sneek it in NOE next to a HQ and run flak's into it so they could score potato their hit % on GV's. :D

Put a no build zone around the HQ and only allow GVs to spawn at the new base, that's one way of being able to prevent what you described.

I would hope there would be a long build time, say something like an hour or so (maybe even as long as three hours) to stop the possibility of players landing behind enemy lines, drop their base building supplies, have the base spawn in a couple of minutes and then they're off building another base.  By having a long build time, you force them to defend their 'new base' until it's been built.  It could also serve as a catalyst for some good aerial fights.

ack-ack

"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 07:47:57 PM »
Hmmm, a secret airbase in the middle of the ocean ! :t
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 08:05:54 PM »
Put a no build zone around the HQ and only allow GVs to spawn at the new base, that's one way of being able to prevent what you described.

I would hope there would be a long build time, say something like an hour or so (maybe even as long as three hours) to stop the possibility of players landing behind enemy lines, drop their base building supplies, have the base spawn in a couple of minutes and then they're off building another base.  By having a long build time, you force them to defend their 'new base' until it's been built.  It could also serve as a catalyst for some good aerial fights.

ack-ack

Stop being practical, I'm workin here!
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 08:42:13 PM »
Hmmm, a secret airbase in the middle of the ocean ! :t

don't the call that a CV?

actually this is a good idea.

but i don't think GV's should be allowed to up from it right away. getting planes there would be reasonable because new planes can fly there. but how would you deliver/build a panzer very far behind enemy lines?

but if the base was built say within a sector and a half or so of a friendly base then you could run gv supplies to it or over land a jeep to create a road (spawn route) to connect the new base via spawn to the already existing base. the vehicles could then spawn on the base. this would also allow vehicles to spawn in with supplies to continue the construction of the base.

when the base is first built then you could consider the base to be soft built, just a runway and enough tent as hangers to support a forward base. after this then the base could be converted into a hard base, solid hangers gunpits gv hangers ect, by players continuing to bring supplies to the base.

if the base defences are defeated (i have no idea how) before it is a full base then it is destroyed not captured.

eventually, if the base could be held long enough that is, and the required amount of supplies are delivered to it, then it could be converted into a full base.

the problem of building a town near it or how to capture it i leave up to the rest of the brainiacs to figure out.

FLOTSOM
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 08:44:50 PM »
This would be a fun idea, but it should be possible to bomb the base out of existance as well.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Newman5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 08:48:54 PM »
What about the connections to the factories and such?  There would be no route in for road convoys, barges, or trains.
"Hello, Newman."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 08:54:28 PM »
What about the connections to the factories and such?  There would be no route in for road convoys, barges, or trains.

Since it would be behind enemy lines, supplies would have to be ferried in by air. 

During World War II, bases like these were set up behind Japanese lines in the Burma theater and relied on air drops for supplies.

ack-ack

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 09:00:13 PM »
..you pop out your field generation supplies and presto! you have a new forward base...

Presto?  :O
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 09:09:39 PM »
What does "Hocus-Pocus" get ya?   

We already covered Presto. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2008, 09:41:32 PM »
I like this idea. Mabey have the field be even smaller then the normal AirFIelds, something more like a Vbase but with runways/fh's. Since it would be small airfield and front line mabey no 4 engined bombers and eny +15 planes could up from it, may encourage use of higher eny planes.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2008, 09:50:52 PM »
I like this idea. Mabey have the field be even smaller then the normal AirFIelds, something more like a Vbase but with runways/fh's. Since it would be small airfield and front line mabey no 4 engined bombers and eny +15 planes could up from it, may encourage use of higher eny planes.

I would say fighters only and if you want to use it to attack other bases then you'd have to use heavy fighters.

ack-ack

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2008, 10:01:58 PM »
I would say fighters only and if you want to use it to attack other bases then you'd have to use heavy fighters.

ack-ack
I like that idea even better. Mabey for the field it could be set up with 1 dirt runway, 1 FH, 1 VH with 1-2 auto acks and a mand ack. Mabey even have the option of building an ord's bunker or fuel/ barracks at the cost of Bomber points which I think we all would like to use for something besides 234's. :aok  -Just throwing out idea's here.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.