Author Topic: just wondering.....  (Read 1591 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: just wondering.....
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 04:29:33 PM »
OK I am forthwith placing my name up for redicule. If anyone here wants to jump someone just take it out on me instead. I willingly throw myself to the lions..... please leave the new lambs alone.  :noid
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 04:38:08 PM »
OK I am forthwith placing my name up for redicule. If anyone here wants to jump someone just take it out on me instead. I willingly throw myself to the lions..... please leave the new lambs alone.  :noid
Shuff uses extremely cheap tequila in his Margaritas and no salt......bastage.
See Rule #4

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2008, 04:58:39 PM »
Oh the humanity!
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2008, 05:20:42 PM »
Shuff uses extremely cheap tequila in his Margaritas and no salt......bastage.

YES, but SAPP has equipped the p38's with only the highest quality of blenders.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2008, 06:21:31 PM »

Ridicule.

That's all I've got right now. Keep the lambs safe until they're of legal age.  ;)
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2008, 07:18:28 PM »
Yea, shut the boards down because your threads haven't turned out well...
Don't think you realize that squads have private forums on here... If the forums don't suit you then stop posting here instead of making ludicrous requests.

It has nothing to do with my threads.  It happens in everyones threads.  I just used myself as an example because I could give a good estimate of the number.  In my experience many posters put more energy into not understanding what the post is saying then seeing the persons point.  Your post is fine example of this.  Instead of discussing comprehension, you mention private boards.  Instead of discussing a lack of understanding, you tell me to leave.  In 3 sentences you make my point pretty clearly.

The reason I think they should be closed is because of one simple sentence I read today from skuzzy.  Where he stated that: he could be doing other things instead of baby sitting the BBS ....that's pretty powerful testimony counselor.

So unless you are willing to pay the salary for a new employee to take over this burden, then HTC will continue to waste resources on the BBS, when maybe they could work on new Toys for us to play with.  I'd trade this board and everthing that goes with it if it meant more improvements.

Private boards are squad issues. Little or  no work load for HTC.  Squads can boot players for nonsense. So have all the fun you want.  Better yet run your own board!  I did it for years.

Helm ...out
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 08:39:11 PM by Helm »
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009

Offline panzerr

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2008, 07:48:19 PM »
I don't like your tie.
Total aggravation since Tour 48...
Panzerr in game.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2008, 08:19:03 PM »
I vote: close the boards.

They are a waste of time.  Nobody ever bothers to understand or try's to comprehend what you post here.  I'd say 85% of the threads I have started,  some "General Blowhard" logs in and works incredibly hard trying to "NOT" understand even the basic concept I am stating,  much less the fine points of what I am saying.  I say shut it down!

Helm ...out

Gonna disagree with ya on this one Helm.  One of the best parts of the boards are when folks are sharing information, whether it be on how to 'fly' in AH, or talking history of aircraft, pilots etc.  I think there are a lot of folks who try and bring some fun to the boards as well.  I'd like to think I've tried as have a lot of others with joking about how we fly, how to 'land' 38s or whatever silliness we find.

I'd like to believe that those kinds of posts far outweigh the negative stuff.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2008, 08:20:20 PM »

It has nothing to do with my threads.  It happens in everyones threads.  I just used myself as an example because I could give you a good estimate of the number.  In a way your post proves my point.  In my experience many posters put more energy into not understanding what the post is saying. 

Helm ...out

:huh
Your post was ludicrous. Plain and simple. Your vote to shut down the forums because they're a waste of time when we have thousands of important posts and not to mention private squad forums. You say people go out of their way to not understand what peoples posts are saying.. practise what you preach then. Personally I disagree but if you're going to exaggerate then don't be a hypocrite at least.

Also the forums arent just a recent batch of general section threads... have you even looked at the other sections?

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2008, 08:21:27 PM »
YES, but SAPP has equipped the p38's with only the highest quality of blenders.

Here's the proof!  Them blenders are on fire!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGPsBz-Xte8

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2008, 08:28:25 PM »
Don't wanna be that guy, but if AHGD closed down, I bet this would dramatically decrease.
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2008, 08:53:24 PM »
Gonna disagree with ya on this one Helm.  One of the best parts of the boards are when folks are sharing information, whether it be on how to 'fly' in AH, or talking history of aircraft, pilots etc.  I think there are a lot of folks who try and bring some fun to the boards as well.  I'd like to think I've tried as have a lot of others with joking about how we fly, how to 'land' 38s or whatever silliness we find.

I'd like to believe that those kinds of posts far outweigh the negative stuff.

I enjoy reading your posts.  The reason is because you actually to take the time to understand what the other person is saying.  Then you have the intelligence to actually discuss the issue.  Negative stuff does not bother me at all.  It's the lack of understanding between players points of view in the discussions that seems to be a waste of time.

There are many good points to the BBS.  I am actually a big fans of many folks writing on these boards.  You, widewing and many others really discuss the issues.  Sadly most discussions are people talking "AT" each other rather then talking "TO" each other. To me that is a waste of time.

Helm ...out
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2008, 12:04:13 AM »
Here's the proof!  Them blenders are on fire!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGPsBz-Xte8

aawww mannnnn......you're givin away combat secrets!!
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2008, 12:11:06 AM »
Unfortunately, we need the forums to encourage what community we have to flourish. There is too much gamer mentality with a complete lack of regard for history in here and without the forums and scenarios, this game would be a lot less satisfying to many of us.

Keep the forums, just use the temporary and permanent ban-stick more often.

Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2008, 10:10:22 AM »
I don't like your tie.

It's dusty...... been hanging on the coatrack for years.... :)
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)