Author Topic: Film Viewer FOV zoom  (Read 305 times)

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Film Viewer FOV zoom
« on: March 04, 2024, 11:19:24 AM »
When viewing films, the FOV doesn't match my in-game setting so "Use Recorded Views" doesn't show me what I saw in the game.  Does the FOV zoom work?  How?
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Film Viewer FOV zoom
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2024, 07:26:53 AM »
Recorded views is the saved view commands, it's not FOV or zoom related, I believe it's just direction of view that's saved in Recorded Views.  Are the zoom and FPV adjustment sliders in the film viewer working for you?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2024, 08:58:18 AM »
I have only ever used the FOV slider when viewing films, I dont thing it changes as to what the film shows. If my head saved positions are different than yours, when you watch one of my films it will play back with YOUR saved head positions.

I use it mostly when viewing films externally with trails to get a better idea of how the turns were made.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2024, 09:48:54 AM »
Here are examples of the difference that I see in-game and in the film viewer.

My in-game FOV is set to 106 degrees.  The film viewer appears to default to the "new" FOV of 90 degrees.  I would like to adjust the film viewer FOV to match my in-game view.  However, the FOV Zoom slider doesn't seem to work for me.  Am I doing something wrong, or is the slider not functional?
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2024, 09:00:52 AM »
Here are examples of the difference that I see in-game and in the film viewer.

My in-game FOV is set to 106 degrees.  The film viewer appears to default to the "new" FOV of 90 degrees.  I would like to adjust the film viewer FOV to match my in-game view.  However, the FOV Zoom slider doesn't seem to work for me.  Am I doing something wrong, or is the slider not functional?

It also doesn't record your saved views for some reason. I've never understood that.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion