Author Topic: Discos...  (Read 493 times)

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
Discos...
« on: November 26, 2008, 03:41:12 PM »
Why do you lose perks for discoing while in a perk ride? you cant control your discos, like you can your deaths. i find it moderatly stupid to lose perks if you disco...
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Discos...
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 03:55:23 PM »
Yes you do. And for a good reason: The program couldn't detect a deliberate disco to protect your perks when you're about to get shot down in your perk ride...
(In some way you can control your disco's: Pull the plug and you have one ;) )

And just for clarification, disco due to server reset does not result in any perk loss
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 03:58:23 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 03:59:59 PM »
cc lusche...just typed this up after having lost a 262, thats what got me thinking.  :salute
HogDweeb

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 04:21:50 PM »
Why do you lose perks for discoing while in a perk ride? you cant control your discos, like you can your deaths. i find it moderatly stupid to lose perks if you disco...

dam!!!

i thought someone was trippin' back to the 70's!!

:rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 05:14:25 PM »
dam!!!

i thought someone was trippin' back to the 70's!!

:rofl
:rofl :rofl :rofl no, unfortunitly not
HogDweeb

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 05:25:43 PM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl no, unfortunitly not
:D

i've been keeping the 70's channel on on my sirius radio for a couple months now. i tend to hop between that and the 80's.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 05:53:43 PM »
what if disco when damaged = lose perkies

disco when not damaged = not lose perkies.

hard to imagine someone would plug pull when flying a 262 if they are still clean.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 07:31:57 PM »
what if disco when damaged = lose perkies

disco when not damaged = not lose perkies.

hard to imagine someone would plug pull when flying a 262 if they are still clean.

Unless you know you messed it up and you will be dead anyway.. for example vulcher on your six while landing your out of fuel 262.
Or you find your 50 point Tempest low and slow on the deck atfer a hard fight and you suddenly see this LA right above you... you could either fight and risk your perks or disco and save them.

You see, no perk loss at disco would be pretty much abused. Bomb & Bailers are already bad enough, we don't fighter pilots discoing just to save their perks in addition to that.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 07:33:35 PM »
Yea, in retrospect, I agree.. 

I can see it unfolding now, I get into a nice fight with a temp, work him to the deck and he vanishes.

yea screw that.

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 07:34:39 PM »
Unless you know you messed it up and you will be dead anyway.. for example vulcher on your six while landing your out of fuel 262.
Or you find your 50 point Tempest low and slow on the deck atfer a hard fight and you suddenly see this LA right above you... you could either fight and risk your perks or disco and save them.

You see, no perk loss at disco would be pretty much abused. Bomb & Bailers are already bad enough, we don't fighter pilots discoing just to save their perks in addition to that.
your right, but wingnutt, good idea sir! if there was a way to detect intentional disco's itd be one thing....but there isnt  :cry
HogDweeb

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 07:42:05 PM »
cc lusche...just typed this up after having lost a 262, thats what got me thinking.  :salute

Don't feel bad.  I had a computer glich in March or April and lost something like 14-16 AR234's that camp through discos.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 07:48:30 PM »
Don't feel bad.  I had a computer glich in March or April and lost something like 14-16 AR234's that camp through discos.
figure 100 perks a piece, 300 for formation X 14 = 4200...dont feel so bad about it now.
HogDweeb

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 07:56:06 PM »
figure 100 perks a piece, 300 for formation X 14 = 4200...dont feel so bad about it now.

yeah...but 234s usually run at about ~35 perks a piece...
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline macerxgp

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2008, 07:59:21 PM »
Actually, there IS  a way....

Figure in the location of the plane during disco. If he is within friendly territory, and has not left friendly territory, it was a disco. If not, this is where the complicated stuff kicks in.

First, check ammo. Has the poor bastard shot more than 75 rounds? This is to quickly check if he has been in combat, but still allows for the erroneous trigger pull. If so, then....

Keep track of the location of enemy planes, and their distance. If he has encountered zero enemy planes, he's clean. If not....

Were they within 5K? This allows for encounters unarmed encounters just at/outside con range. If so.....

Has the fighter lost/gained significant speed/altitude during the time the enemy was near? Were there shots fired? Checking for combat conditions here. If so....

NO PERKIES FOR YOU, YOU LOSE
Quote from: Saurdaukar
Operational kettles in August 2009 exceed operational pots by approximately 142%.

Your comparison is invalid.

DeMaskus
357th-Death Dragons

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2008, 08:02:26 PM »
Actually, there IS  a way....

Figure in the location of the plane during disco. If he is within friendly territory, and has not left friendly territory, it was a disco. If not, this is where the complicated stuff kicks in.

First, check ammo. Has the poor bastard shot more than 75 rounds? This is to quickly check if he has been in combat, but still allows for the erroneous trigger pull. If so, then....

Keep track of the location of enemy planes, and their distance. If he has encountered zero enemy planes, he's clean. If not....

Were they within 5K? This allows for encounters unarmed encounters just at/outside con range. If so.....

Has the fighter lost/gained significant speed/altitude during the time the enemy was near? Were there shots fired? Checking for combat conditions here. If so....

NO PERKIES FOR YOU, YOU LOSE
makes sense...i think it could be posible...but itd take a lot to input a device to check all these things at time of disco...
HogDweeb