Author Topic: Man and machine.  (Read 600 times)

Offline Roundeye

• Nickel Member
"Rotorhed"

Offline Ex-jazz

• Nickel Member
Re: Man and machine.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 02:25:50 PM »

Thanks for the link  :aok

I wonder what Finnish rally drive pros would think about this drive. To me it was a real...  WOW!... eh... OMG!
I must reinstall the Richard Bursn RAlly again ;)

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 03:48:15 PM »
Thta's funy, I started a thread today about it, went to help with the bird and found yours on the way back. This vid must fly everywhere. Quite a fun way to waste gas. This guy makes AWD look easy to drive, I'm expecting a surge in WRX teen owner accidents in the next 2 weeks. :lol
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 09:13:50 PM »
that car doesn't handle very good, it was sliding all over the place. I think the driver needs to learn throttle control.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 06:10:14 AM »
awesome car control :rock
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Roundeye

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 10:18:21 AM »
that car doesn't handle very good, it was sliding all over the place. I think the driver needs to learn throttle control.

Really.  I think it was those cheap tires.  They don't grab so well, all they want to do is spin and go up in smoke. :D
"Rotorhed"

Offline ariansworld

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 09:45:41 AM »
I did something similar to that yesterday morning.  I went up a hill and hit ice at 0 mph and made my car do a controlled spin and went down the way that I came.  There were lots of cars parked on the street (I didnt not hit a single one), and it was also not possible to keep going up the hill.

Arian

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 11:31:28 AM »
pretty cool, my buddy races in the LeMons series for a porsche team, took me in the car once...never get in one again lol, thats just scary fast.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline Roundeye

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 03:17:04 PM »
pretty cool, my buddy races in the LeMons series for a porsche team, took me in the car once...never get in one again lol, thats just scary fast.

A few years ago I went to the local SCCA Solo2 Autocross a few times, mainly to watch as I had no extra tires to destroy for my '05 WRX (and oh yes, you will destroy some tires in short order).  I met a guy who competed in regional races and he brought his '05 WRX STI which had MANY suspension and engine mods. 

I was talking to him about Subies and he said "hop in".  I climbed in the passenger seat and belted in (5pt harness)  Even strapped in, it was all I could do to hold on.  That car was BRUTAL.  It was like being in a bar fight.  Climbing out of the car, I had the exact same feeling like just stepping off of a roller coaster.  I never looked at my WRX the same again.  I pounded on it, but not that hard.

Beasts, those things are.
"Rotorhed"

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 04:38:08 PM »
yeah its amazing, this guy trains like a pilot because of G's and stuff, the whole ride i was glued to the seat lol, its a pretty wild, and definatly takes a well trained driver to use those transmissions, not your standard daily driver set up at all.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia