Author Topic: Nothing to see here, move along  (Read 3988 times)

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Re: Nothing to see here, move along
« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2008, 02:25:53 PM »
Ill make you pay for it in the arena. :D
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #106 on: December 02, 2008, 03:44:32 PM »
I rolled a Spit 5 since the side I switched to, was the outnumbered side (the whole night) and climbed to a max of 3k.

My first post still stands from last night.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: December 02, 2008, 04:02:38 PM »
I swear I will do what I like when flying in the AvA.

I will vulch whenever possible. I don't HO because its poor technique and indicative of poor skills. I do pick as often as possible, mostly aiming for the head. I don't bomb or strafe anything unless I absolutely must. And I am mostly a lover of high altitude.

So what is your in game name because It sure isn't "Gumbeau".

I, Larry, will always be under 4k, wont take any HO shots, or pick anyone unless we are having a furball or I am getting ganged.

Was cool hearing gavagai explaining to someone new last night to avoid the HO and the guy asked if I needed help in a 1v1.  Jhayes, or at least thats close.  Makes me happy.

Its always good to get people to ask before jumping into a 1v1. There isn't anything more frustrating then fighting a guy and getting on his six about to take a shot and having someone dive in, pick the guy, and act like he was doing me a favor.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: December 02, 2008, 04:04:02 PM »
Of course some people don't follow the suggested guidelines, of course some people will do whatever it takes to shoot someone down.  The AvA will never be a perfect arena, but there are also some who want to have historical air to air engagements without climbing for hours, and without score whoring.

To me, the AvA's purpose is to provide historical matchups with less red tape than the scenario arenas, but more depth than the "I pwn you" MA arenas.
P-47 pilot

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2008, 04:05:55 PM »
You have no business trying to dictate to people how they should play the game.  You are not part of the AvA staff.  If you want to effect game play, then apply to become an AvA staff member.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com