Author Topic: Purple Arena:  (Read 2019 times)

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Re: Purple Arena:
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2008, 05:04:54 PM »
Maybe I'm missing something but aren't spit 16's and LA7's every where in the LW arenas

I don't really see alot of La-7s anymore, Spits are fairly prevelant.

The biggest plague in LW is the P-51.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2008, 05:12:48 PM »
Maybe I'm missing something but aren't spit 16's and LA7's every where in the LW arenas?

Not as much as people tend to think. Far less Spit 16's in LW than P-38s and Hurricane IIC's in MW. And the main difference is: Spit 16s Las and the P-51D (which is actually the plane with most kills each tour) don't have such a huge K/D as the P-38 and Hurricane II C  have in MW.

LA-7 usage has very much declined during this year. The Lala is far from being a dominant plane, it's (number wise) a shadow of its former past, ranked only  #7 in total kills in tour 105.

Complete analysis of this years numbers & stats coming in four weeks :)

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2008, 05:24:15 PM »
First of all, i have not seen that many Hurris in the MW.  Second, whats the problem with them?  They are not that hard to kill.  Never thought I'd see the day that the number of Hurris would be a problem lol.

Heding out to start a perk the LA7 thread  :rofl

It goes in spurts. When the noobs relize that everyone doesn't fall for the Hurri Ho attemps they abondon them and usually start flying 38's because that's whats been killing them over and over again. (Shuffler and AKAK) and a few other Sapp guys that show up from time to time. Then they relize that that plane sucks unless you know how to fly it well and then move on to whatever has been killing them the most and then they end up in something fast so they can run away in. There are some very good Hurri sticks in MW like Oldman, Stickpig and Lazydog that wont HO you everytime but their the few.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2008, 05:35:00 PM »
I have no numbers at hand right now, but in MW I doubt it very much.

In EW I'm almost willing to bet it even surpasses old C-Hog MA stats. ;)
I should have added EW. TY
See Rule #4

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2008, 05:44:41 PM »
I don't really see alot of La-7s anymore, Spits are fairly prevelant.

The biggest plague in LW is the P-51.

I looked at the kills the 80th had for the last tour in LW.   by far the most kills were of 51Ds followed by Spit 16s.  the next closest were LA7s and N1Ks but they weren't even close in terms of actual numbers.

One of the guys had commented on the increase in 51s which made me look to see if that was accurate.  It was.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2008, 06:12:35 PM »

One of the guys had commented on the increase in 51s which made me look to see if that was accurate.  It was.

I agree completely.  I've noticed an increase in P51Ds in the last few months too.   It's unfortunate in my opinion, it has the tendancy to force the average engagement altitude higher and higher.  I'm sure that there are people who think climbing out until they reach 15-20k, then lurking in the clouds until they find an unfortunate target below is a fun time.  Me...  Not so much.  I'd much rather find a fight at 3-5k.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2008, 06:16:07 PM »
I still have yet to understand why the IIC is the same ENY value from LW to MW to EW...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2008, 06:23:33 PM »
Me...  Not so much.  I'd much rather find a fight at 3-5k.

Too bad you don't practice what you claim to preach.  The other day in the MW you were in a Bf 109 tooling around at 15k or so cherry picking planes below you that were engaged in fights.

It was the same day that Nisr was complaining about us "alt monkeys" when all the while he was also tooling around at 15k in a F4U looking to cherry pick while we "alt monkeys" were on the deck fighting the enemy hord (Knits were heavily out numbered).

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2008, 06:31:21 PM »
I wonder how many of the P-38Js kills in the MW are GVs?

It can carry those 1000lbers and rockets, which probably makes it one of the more effective attack planes in the MW set.

Is there a way to see a comparison check between a planes GV and air kills?

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2008, 06:34:04 PM »
Considering that theres relatively few GVers who frequent the MW (at least not when I've been in there), probably not that many GV kills for them.Seems like all I've seen is a few upping at bases when the CAP gets lowered before a capture.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2008, 06:39:51 PM »
Too bad you don't practice what you claim to preach.  The other day in the MW you were in a Bf 109 tooling around at 15k or so cherry picking planes below you that were engaged in fights.

It was the same day that Nisr was complaining about us "alt monkeys" when all the while he was also tooling around at 15k in a F4U looking to cherry pick while we "alt monkeys" were on the deck fighting the enemy hord (Knits were heavily out numbered).

Funny thing, you killed me from above twice.  Why do you think I was up that high?  Of course, you twice accused me of running away from you.  When in fact it was some guy named LLobo(something something) you were chasing.  I think I have the film if you'd like to see it.  :salute

I would happily engage at a lower altitude, but all it takes is one guy to take the fight higher.  Then everybody follows him up.  Just as you and Shuffler did the other night when Nisr was in the area.  There's really nothing wrong with it.  If the bad guys are high, you have to go up or give up a huge advantage. 

I just find it unfortunate.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 06:42:21 PM by PFactorDave »

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2008, 06:46:12 PM »
I wonder how many of the P-38Js kills in the MW are GVs?

It can carry those 1000lbers and rockets, which probably makes it one of the more effective attack planes in the MW set.

Is there a way to see a comparison check between a planes GV and air kills?

I'd say that GV kills make up at least 1% (if even that much) of my total kills in the P-38J.  There are far better anti-GV planes than the J in the MW arena, which is why I prefer the B-25H for that kind of work.

FYI- The rockets on the J are pretty much useless.  They don't pack that much of a punch and won't take out a tank, at best you can hope to track them or if you get really lucky take out their main gun but for the most part, all the rockets will do is spread dirt around.  Also, the bazooka tubes that are used will increase the drag of the P-38G/J, making it sluggish when maneuvering.  Best tip when using the P-38J for ground attack runs is just to carry the 2x 1,000 pound bombs and leave the rockets behind.

ack-ack

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2008, 06:54:00 PM »

I would happily engage at a lower altitude, but all it takes is one guy to take the fight higher.  Then everybody follows him up.  Just as you and Shuffler did the other night when Nisr was in the area.  There's really nothing wrong with it.  If the bad guys are high, you have to go up or give up a huge advantage. 

The only reason I got above you is that you would blow your pick pass and I was then able to gain an altitude advantage by going into the vertical and coming around on you.  Same way I would kill Nisr when he tried his cherry pick passes on me from 15k.  You would also run if you were caught alone in a 1v1 fight.

The only ones that were flying high that night were you, Nisr and a few other Bish.  When Nisr and started crying about us "alt monkeys", he was flying at 15k cherry picking us on the deck.  Shuffler, myself and Crims never were above 10k, while you guys would come in at 15k or higher.  What we found really funny is that you guys were using us as an excuse to fly high when all the time we were on the deck.

ack-ack

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2008, 06:56:43 PM »
Yeah, I hear ya on the rockets!

But I've occasionally found them useful when I'm a little off with the bombs, I've finished off the tank with the rockets afterwards.

As far as not alot of GVs in MW?  I usually see quite a few of them.

Either way, I've been finding the MW to be quite a relief from the pandamonium found in the LW.

Despite the Hurri C !!  lol

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2008, 07:34:54 PM »
The only reason I got above you is that you would blow your pick pass and I was then able to gain an altitude advantage by going into the vertical and coming around on you.  Same way I would kill Nisr when he tried his cherry pick passes on me from 15k.  You would also run if you were caught alone in a 1v1 fight.

The only ones that were flying high that night were you, Nisr and a few other Bish.  When Nisr and started crying about us "alt monkeys", he was flying at 15k cherry picking us on the deck.  Shuffler, myself and Crims never were above 10k, while you guys would come in at 15k or higher.  What we found really funny is that you guys were using us as an excuse to fly high when all the time we were on the deck.

You have me confused with someone else.  Watch this film...

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ea9273c6ecfdbe5d91b20cc0d07ba4d2e20cb77afc8429c9

You can skip ahead to about 4:20, which is the first time you appear in the player list.  If you watch LLobo's altitude, he is the one that was above you.  At about 5:00, if you are watching, you'll see LLobo's alt dropping fast.  This was him trying to drop on you.  

At 6:15ish is the first time you come within icon range of me.  You'll note that we are pretty close to co-alt.  You will also hear me asking if LLobo wanted help.  I didn't want to jump into a 1vs1 uninvited.  LLobo never answered me, so I decided to turn away.

At 6:56 you, Ak-Ak, ask if I am the 109 that is running from you.  I was nowhere near you, in fact, as I tried telling you, I was actually over your base.  I continued straight and level for about 90 seconds while the 200 chat continued.  When it became apparent that you weren't going to acknowledge that I wasn't the 109 you were chasing, I turned back toward your base.

At roughly 8:30, a P38 comes into view about 1k or so below and ahead of me.  I merged, no HO, and put a few rounds into the cockpit after the first turn.  I'm sure Shuffler was crying that I HO'd him, which you can clearly see that I didn't at about 9:07.  It was a clean high deflection shot, no way could he have had his guns on me.

Then, if you continue watching the film, you'll see me in the area of your base at about 8500 feet or less.  I'd probably have gone lower, but I didn't want to get into the base ack.  I engaged a Hurricaine.  Put a few rounds into him, zoomed up.  Well watch the film.  Once the Hurri was down, my squadmate announced that he was nearly Winchester and I decided to egress at the same time, so as not to be alone so close to an enemy base.

This wasn't the only sortie of the night, but I thought you might like to see it.  I was trying to be as good of a sport, clean merges.  Not busting into 1vs1 fights.  It was you who went all retarded on 200 about me running form you.

You owe me an apology, in my opinion.  But I don't expect it from you, it might dent that ego of yours to admit that you are wrong.  Feel free to post your films of me up above you at 15k, I dare you.  :salute
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 09:45:10 PM by PFactorDave »

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder