Author Topic: Perk rides and Resets  (Read 173 times)

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
Perk rides and Resets
« on: April 25, 2001, 07:27:00 AM »
Something needs to be done to allow folks flying a perk kite to save thier points when a reset happens.

Last night I was flying a Tempest around 15 and helped clear 15 so rooks could capture it and get the reset.  By the time the reset happened my kite and points were toast because I dinnae have the fuel to get back to friendly country if we dinnae get the SE corner.  We got the SE, so I landed at 15 and rearmed/refueled to continue my sortie.

How about something like a 2-3 minute "no-fire" zone where folks can land instead of being stranded a long way from friendly territory?

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Perk rides and Resets
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2001, 08:28:00 AM »
You know when reset is coming so its your own decision wether you take off with a perkplane or not.

Offline Soda

• Silver Member
      • http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm
Perk rides and Resets
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2001, 10:20:00 AM »
Why not just put everyone back into a friendly tower on reset?  It would stop being stranded, and also the annoying tactic of hovering over your own HQ waiting for the reset to make it an enemy HQ so you can bomb it immediately.

-Soda

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Perk rides and Resets
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2001, 10:25:00 AM »
I like Soda's solution.

------------------
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Bring the Spitfire F.MkXIVc to Aces High!!!

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Perk rides and Resets
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2001, 11:01:00 PM »
Soda people actually do that HQ thing you said?????

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
Perk rides and Resets
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2001, 12:17:00 AM »
hehehehehehe

call me dweeb extrordinaire  

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
Perk rides and Resets
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2001, 06:30:00 AM »

Originally posted by Staga:
You know when reset is coming so its your own decision wether you take off with a perkplane or not.

I climbed into my Tempest nearly an hour before the reset and I was on a roll with rearming and refueling.

Besides why should I be stuck with a death/captured in my stats, regardless of what plane I'm in at the moment, because we won the war?

Maybe something like a .land command that gives you a sort of invulnerability (and disables your guns) so you can land at the closest base w/o having to worry about ack etc and get a landing.  Can only be used within 2 minutes of a reset, and if you're not on the ground within 5minutes of when the reset happened yer plane explodes  
Or have it transport you to a friendly tower and give credit for a landing.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Perk rides and Resets
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2001, 08:41:00 AM »
Yer telling me you chose to fly a perk plane on a mission to reset a field, knowing that the dice rolls when the reset occurs as to what fields you'd have after the reset..and you lost the perk due to insufficient fuel that you chose not to bring, and now HTC needs to adjust their code for a series of mishaps and bad decisions that you made?

Edit: Just read Staga's post, he was asking the same thing.

Okay, now you're an hour into the air, your country text box has been chattering for 30 min about this reset, why not RTB and land it?  You had many options at this point.

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 04-26-2001).]

Offline Soda

• Silver Member
      • http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm
Perk rides and Resets
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2001, 10:38:00 AM »
GRUNHERZ,
  Yep, witnessed it twice in the last couple of weeks.  It wasn't a spur of the moment thing either, it was pretty well organized just before the reset happened.

I also watched it happen the other night by the Knits, although they could almost be excused.  They got caught on the reset over the bish HQ while trying to get a capture on A15.  The rtb was way too far, so they mearly suicided on the HQ, taking it down.

-Soda

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
Perk rides and Resets
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2001, 04:18:00 PM »

Originally posted by Ripsnort:
Yer telling me you chose to fly a perk plane on a mission to reset a field, knowing that the dice rolls when the reset occurs as to what fields you'd have after the reset..and you lost the perk due to insufficient fuel that you chose not to bring, and now HTC needs to adjust their code for a series of mishaps and bad decisions that you made?

Edit: Just read Staga's post, he was asking the same thing.

Okay, now you're an hour into the air, your country text box has been chattering for 30 min about this reset, why not RTB and land it?  You had many options at this point.
[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 04-26-2001).]

So basically what you're telling me is "Go land and get another kite ya dumb toejam, it dinnae matter what you want to do"?

Why should I have to put up with an additional capture/death in my stats because my country wins the war and all of our bases are suddenly flung to the far side of the map?  Irregardless of what plane I'm flying.

And FYI I launched with 100% internal fuel and drop tanks, and I continued to fly with 100% and drop tanks until I logged more than an hour after the reset, flying the verra same Tempest I started with when Zig built his mission to capture 11 that night.

Offline LaVa

• Zinc Member
Perk rides and Resets
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2001, 05:36:00 PM »
Easy, stay out of perks when any country gets close to a reset.

I'd rather HTC work on other things than recoding the reset internals.

Maybe a solution could be provided on down the road.

LaVa

Offline Fokker

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.inbusiness.no
Perk rides and Resets
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2001, 01:15:00 AM »
I find Soda's solution the best here. Its simple and fair. Put everyone back in tower at reset with no loss of plane or perks.

Offline Feenyx

• Zinc Member
Perk rides and Resets
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2001, 05:59:00 AM »
I personally have little problem with Soda's idea, though we should be ready to don our riot gear to resist the ranting we'll hear from pilots in the middle of an unrelated furball at the time of the reset.