Author Topic: traininng  (Read 786 times)

Offline charmed

• Zinc Member
traininng
« on: December 02, 2008, 05:43:42 PM »
how do i get in tuch with some one to tain me how to shoot the plane once im behind it i can get behind em and stay no matter what and empty all my guns but maybe hit them once

charmed

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: traininng
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 06:06:29 PM »
You can email all trainers at Trainers AT hitechcreations DOT com, of course replacing AT with @ and DOT with a period . .
State what times you are available and what you need or want to train on. Usually the trainer who fits your schedule will reply and you can set up an appointment from there.

A hit or two wont damage much unless its a big tater gun your shooting, tater gun = large cannon. With machine guns you need to concentrate your hits on a single area long enough to do damage and close enough so the bullets still have some energy to do damage with.
Also, ideally, should match your gun convergence at the range you are shooting at, generally speaking.

Even if there are no trainers in the Training arena there are usually helpful people there willing to assist you. You can also turn on the Lead Computed gunsight to see if you are truly leading your targets enough.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 06:10:43 PM by fuzeman »
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 06:28:06 PM »
i also bet this has a lot to do with his input device and settings - something i'm sure the trainers know how to work with.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 06:37:47 PM »
Someone tell him what the lead computed sight .command is, if there is one..
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 11:27:14 PM »
Someone tell him what the lead computed sight .command is, if there is one..

No dot command for it. It's really an arena setting with a few key commands depending on who you target.
In the Training Arena, to target a friendly with Lead Computed Gunsight you have to enable friendly lock with <Ctrl><Tab>.
You can then highlight your target with the <Tab> key. With more <Tab> inputs cycling through targets in view.
To use this with enemies in the TA you do not have to enable Friendly lock.

It will bring up two small green +s, one + for each primary and secondary gun, that show lead required to hit your target in the TA. Its not perfect and can jump around some with lag and you may need to lead it a smidgen too but it is a nice tool to see how much you do need top lead that target to hit it at times.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline Kitt18

• Zinc Member
      • 337th Black Sheep TFS
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 03:06:51 AM »
You had no problem taking me out tonight in the Bish raid. The most important thing is too not force the shot. Ease your rudder and ailerons into position on the wing root or cockpit. Let a quick burst go,watch the tracers, and adjust.

Always know what your convergance is set at, and what your ammo loadout is.

And by the way, During the chaos I didnt get the chance.   <S> Charmed

337th Black Sheep TFS

"Kitt, you got 2 Spits and a high Hurri on you. Let me know if u get in trouble"...sprkplg

Offline Dustoff2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 07:23:37 AM »
Charmed,

Fellow squadie here. I know you fly the Spit alot. And in training last night in the DA, I noticed what you are saying because you where behind me alot, but only able to get a ping or two on me. Check your convergance.
On my spits, I set the MG's (303's) to 300, and the cannons to 350. That works for me the best. It will vary from person to person so you will have to play with setting it closer, but I wouldn't go any further out. The 303's don't really have much hitting power, so use them to range, and then a short burst with the cannon. And you can always ask a fellow squadie for help if needed.  :salute

Dustoff
AKDust
Arabian Knights

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 08:13:06 AM »
how do i get in tuch with some one to tain me how to shoot the plane once im behind it i can get behind em and stay no matter what and empty all my guns but maybe hit them once

charmed

If you can get behind them and line up a shot but nothing happens, check your system.  I went through almost a year of emptying my ammo on planes and they were just flying through tracers.  The one that made me almost give up on this game was when I emptied a 110 on a NIKI and he just flew away.

So, my point is, bring up the FPS display and net stat and watch what happens when you fire the guns.  In my case, it was the weapons effects (the flashes from the guns firing) that brought my FPS down to 12 when firing.  Since I was looking at my target, I never noticed it.  I reinstalled the game and now it is back to one shot one kill.

In your case, it may be a sound file, driver, video setting etc.  Check them all one by one.  This is under the assumption that you do get on their 6 but you cant kill them for some reason.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 09:46:47 AM »
No dot command for it. It's really an arena setting with a few key commands depending on who you target.
In the Training Arena, to target a friendly with Lead Computed Gunsight you have to enable friendly lock with <Ctrl><Tab>.
You can then highlight your target with the <Tab> key. With more <Tab> inputs cycling through targets in view.
To use this with enemies in the TA you do not have to enable Friendly lock.

It will bring up two small green +s, one + for each primary and secondary gun, that show lead required to hit your target in the TA. Its not perfect and can jump around some with lag and you may need to lead it a smidgen too but it is a nice tool to see how much you do need top lead that target to hit it at times.
Offline, I meant. Does that one not work anymore? I remember spelling out the dot command for H2H hosts, back when.  It was something simple like '.leadcomputedsight 1'.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 12:31:57 PM »
Offline, I meant. Does that one not work anymore? I remember spelling out the dot command for H2H hosts, back when.  It was something simple like '.leadcomputedsight 1'.

Online or offline  there is no 1 dot command that will enable it.
From this old post:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,215891.0.html

here it is
You can also do it off-line with the drones, but they don't evaid well.
From the clipboard- click options, Arena Setup, Enviroment, and Arena Settings. Scroll to FlightModeFlags and dubble click on it. Check the Lead Computing Gunsight and Dive Bombsight(if you like) and click OK. Then press Save if you want it that way evey time you go in the offline game.
Cheers,
gusman44

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 09:17:57 PM »
You can email all trainers at Trainers AT hitechcreations DOT com, of course replacing AT with @ and DOT with a period . .
Actually it is now ahtrainers @ hitechcreations.com  :aok

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2008, 09:33:17 PM »
Actually it is now ahtrainers @ hitechcreations.com  :aok

Well, ya learn something new every year. Took me until December this year.