Author Topic: Trinity map is back !  (Read 2337 times)

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Re: Trinity map is back !
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2008, 04:46:30 AM »
One of the really great things about the old large Pizza map except for the beautiful sandy desert was the fact that on the rims it was _mostly_ tank battles.

Was that map called AKdesert?

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2008, 08:41:58 AM »
Oh man, I would pay BIG BIG money to limit my in law exposure to once a year.  Count your blessings brother!   :salute

Edit to add
((LOL  After hitting the Post button I caught myself looking over my shoulder to be sure that my wife wasn't reading what I typed...  Either I'm going to Hell or I'm already there...  Help...   please...  ))
You just need to move 350 miles away and your problem is solved. :)

Actually, I'm one of he few people who can say he gets along with and likes his mother-in-law.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2008, 08:42:53 AM »
One of the really great things about the old large Pizza map except for the beautiful sandy desert was the fact that on the rims it was _mostly_ tank battles.

Was that map called AKdesert?
Yep it was AKdesert.

Watch for a new map that is similar in the gv battle respect.  :cool:
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline gusman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2008, 08:48:57 AM »
Trinity is a great map!! I went to TT last night around midnight EST and got killed by Monti, DR7, D112...  :salute
I actually made some kills myself. There was instant action right at the spawn points. I lost all of my GV perks
(I think I had around 30  :lol) so I went from a Firefly to a t34/85 to the panzer. The panzer is slow but the gun is quite effective. I hope the map stays up for a while

Cheers,
gusman44

Lt Cdr gus
801 Squadron FAA
Squadron XO

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2008, 09:21:02 AM »
ill second that. Bring back the original large pizza!!!  :aok

Hated that map!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2008, 09:21:53 AM »
It's the trinity map that has the Shore batteries that overlook the fields. If you time it right you pick off vulchers.  :rofl :rofl

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2008, 01:58:12 AM »
I hope the map stays up for a while

Cheers,
gusman44

well, come titanic tuesday, its gone......... wednesday always sees a new map in LWB.

i doubt any country is going to "win" it by then though..  after all it IS a large map... and it may be the best large map I've ever seen.. I think I especially like how it seems so far (maybe it just seems) that hordes cant get a real "roll" going, because of the terrain and 1 way vehicle spawns..

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline choker41

• Copper Member
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2008, 02:37:06 AM »
I wish I read this thread before I got pissed off in TT.  Decided that 5 hits on T34/85 would be enough in a sherman but it wasn't.  So I was thinking cheater right?  Well I'll grab an A-20 and bomb the crap out of him.  Do you know how long it takes to get an A20 over 20K with 8-500lbs and 50% fuel. way to long.  Well just as I crested the mountain he landed.   :P  :P  :P I was so  :furious cause I couldn't get to him in time.  Go ahead and laugh I deserve it..
Formerly known as choker41
Proud member of the Swampdragons
IN GAME ID:   FUBAR

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2008, 04:11:37 AM »
The tank battles at A1 are epic !

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2008, 01:38:48 PM »
I'm pretty sure i can claim credit for dubbing it "Infinity."  At least in-game.  :aok  Here's the first BBS usage:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,78948.msg758325.html#msg758325

When it first came out, it hung around forever because resets were so hard and maps *weren't* reset every week. They stuck around til.... reset by one side, actually one side getting reset by the pigpiling of the other two. I think the victim side had to be down to their very last base... it was a while ago.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 01:47:55 PM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline abc123

• Zinc Member
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2008, 03:16:41 PM »
Can anyone upload a pic of the map?
Tree: 73 Myself:  0

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2008, 03:24:15 PM »
As much as I love tanking and would want to participate in tank klub I would love chilling with moot at 30k in 152s swatting griefers just as much.
I've done it before. Took up a N-Jug with full fuel and 2x 150gal DTs + 1x 75gal DT...was hell getting over the mountains but worth it on the other side.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2008, 06:23:17 PM »
Hmmm, sounds interesting, would anyone be willing to provide a dl link for the map? My subscription is going to be restarted around christmas, and I do not want to miss out on a fun map! :salute

You can always find all of the HTC supported terrains on the downloads page.

EDIT: Well, it appears they made me a liar. :p Hopefully they'll put up a link on it soon.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2008, 12:19:45 AM »
147 wirbel kills for 19 deaths  in about 2 hours   of Bish self suiciding onto our armoured line of AA.

Now I hate sitting on the ground in a GV but this was EPIC!!! and i'm very thankful for the fully automatic guns of the wirbel and supplies  :aok.

Me and kazaa also would like to know what went through the heads of the Bish that kept upping buffs 1k high and getting raped over and again.

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2008, 12:37:19 AM »
I like some of the terrain setups.