Author Topic: Fix the Collisions.........  (Read 4999 times)

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
Re: Fix the Collisions.........
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2008, 04:18:41 PM »
Pictures not enough for you? :rofl :rofl

evidently not!   :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2008, 04:19:01 PM »
Then how can My wing break off when it clearly says player A collided with me and he flys away unscathed?
Do you have film? You either A. missed the orange text  B. He fired on you before he hit. You have no way of knowing if he took damage or not... you don't have his film.
Look at lusche's link, very informative.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 04:20:51 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2008, 04:20:29 PM »
Then how can My wing break off when it clearly says player A collided with me and he flys away unscathed?

Two reasons.

A:) he shot your wing off. (Enemy cons tend to press trigger when getting close)
B:) There was not only "Player A has collided" message but a "You have collided" message as well. Which means a collision happened on both FE's. Damage
And just because you see him fly away it doesn't mean he's unscathed. I had collsisions here I just lost a flap, or even a gun, or got a pilot wound.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2008, 04:22:09 PM »
Do you have film? You either A. missed the orange text  B. He fired on you before he hit. You have no way of knowing if he took damage or not... you don't have his film.
Look at lusche's link, very informative.

Oh yeah,, he was firing the whole ho approach, then collided then it said I was shot down after I got the Collision message.

EDIT<, Oh yeah, did not mean I had film.

I will work on saving my next encounter, but I am still  :mad: about seeing this numerous times knowing I am doing everything I can to avoid a HO shot and still getting the tower, I am doing my best to ignore the urge to fire on the merge and continue to maneuver but it just seems there are several regular players you will "run into" that have managed to circumvent and manipulate this to their advantage.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 04:30:21 PM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2008, 04:23:33 PM »
Oh yeah,, he was firing the whole ho approach, then collided then it said I was shot down after I got the Collision message.
Post the film. I'll be happy to analyze it.
See Rule #4

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2008, 04:31:14 PM »
it just seems there are several regular players you will "run into" that have managed to circumvent and manipulate this to their advantage.
Impossible.
See Rule #4

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2008, 04:31:46 PM »
For what it's worth..

Here is a small Zip file with two short .ahf clips. Both show the very same collision, but from both players point of view: http://www.mediafire.com/?vgxoiygthky

Here is a short (3MB) .wmv movie, where I used fancy editing to show both "realities": http://www.mediafire.com/?doynhxrgljy

Both are illustrating the facts explained on the AHTC page (see the link I provided above)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 04:33:20 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2008, 04:38:17 PM »
Impossible.

Nothing in this game is impossible.... I have learned that.  Everything is possible until prevented.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2008, 04:44:36 PM »
DG all you have to do is avoid contact on your screen.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2008, 04:46:15 PM »
Nothing in this game is impossible.... I have learned that.  Everything is possible until prevented.
The guy has to know his ping time, your ping time. Then he must predict which way you flew within that delay of time.

Again.... Impossible.
See Rule #4

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2008, 04:47:02 PM »
DG all you have to do is avoid contact on your screen.
Crazy talk .... it has to be someone else's fault.
See Rule #4

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2008, 04:49:54 PM »
For what it's worth..

Here is a small Zip file with two short .ahf clips. Both show the very same collision, but from both players point of view: http://www.mediafire.com/?vgxoiygthky

Here is a short (3MB) .wmv movie, where I used fancy editing to show both "realities": http://www.mediafire.com/?doynhxrgljy

Both are illustrating the facts explained on the AHTC page (see the link I provided above)

I like the way this illustrates the difference in screens, completely understood.  However this does not show how that would affect a collision with two aircraft approaching Nose on.  

If my theory is true, taking your example and putting the planes nose on approach only ONE plane would continually get the "You have collided" since he will always arrive to the merge first.  Correct?

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2008, 04:53:09 PM »
The guy has to know his ping time, your ping time. Then he must predict which way you flew within that delay of time.

Again.... Impossible.

It doesnt take someone long to figure out that on merges, collisions, etc. that he does or does not get to recieve the tower.   

If he is the one that arrives first or last on the merge. Hence, gaming the game.

Again, Possible.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 04:57:12 PM by Dadsguns »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2008, 04:56:47 PM »

And if HTC would ever, in a weird sense of humor, implement the "both should go down" for just one day, the players now demanding such thing would be the very first to flood the BBS: "WTF? He did fly 100 ft away from me and suddenly I go down by collision?? FIX IT"

It was actually like that for a few days until a patch fixed it.  Flying within 50 feet of a plane would cause a collision.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 05:10:30 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2008, 04:57:47 PM »
It doesnt take someone long to figure out that on merges, collisions, etc. that he does or does not get to recieve the tower.   

If he is the one that arrives first or last on the merge. Hence, gaming the game.
LOL

How does he know everyones ping time... how does he know who his enemy is to know his ping time, to determine if he is first or last.

Get over it what YOU see is what YOU get. :rofl
See Rule #4