Author Topic: How to get the numeric value of our squad channel  (Read 737 times)

Offline HomeBoy

• Nickel Member
      • HomeBoy's Inventions
How to get the numeric value of our squad channel
« on: December 04, 2008, 01:37:57 PM »
I should know how to do this as long as I've been around but I can't figure it out!  I know the whole squad channel system changed a bit in AH2 but I'm still assuming the squad channel is a normal number (that may be an incorrect assumption of course)   :o

One night, I tried to determine the number empirically by quickly trying a bunch of channel numbers but got too bored to continue.   I have a friend that I wanted to invite to fly with us and was hoping I could give him our squad channel number so he could communicate with us.

Appreciate help here.
The Hay Street Boys

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: How to get the numeric value of our squad channel
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 01:40:56 PM »
So you're asking us what your squad channel is?  It's your squad channel.  I don't think there's a magic formula or anything.  I just randomly picked one for my squad.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 01:48:26 PM »
I think he is asking if squads are autmaticall givena numbered channel. Answers is no the channel numbers are something that your squad decides to use. If you are using the "squad" setting for your vox then he will either need to have him invited in to your squad or have your squad move over to a numbered channel then tell him which one.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline HomeBoy

• Nickel Member
      • HomeBoy's Inventions
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 02:05:43 PM »
I think he is asking if squads are autmaticall givena numbered channel. Answers is no the channel numbers are something that your squad decides to use. If you are using the "squad" setting for your vox then he will either need to have him invited in to your squad or have your squad move over to a numbered channel then tell him which one.

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear enough in my question.   

Thanks dkff49 as you have answered my question.  Yes, I am referring to the "squad setting for vox".  I was assuming that the "squad channel" translated to a specific channel number.  You're saying it doesn't.  As best as my memory serves me, AH1 either didn't have the concept of a "squad setting for vox" or else it did translate to a number.  I remember giving that number out to "visitors" and was just wanting to be able to do that now.

Having all our guys move to a numbered channel is how we typically handle this particular issue and I was just trying to be "smart" and figure out the number so we wouldn't have to do that.  Oh well.

Part of the problem here is I tend to not pay very close attention to how these parts of the game work so I know I'm coming off looking pretty stupid.

Thanks for asking the question though!   :salute
The Hay Street Boys

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 02:10:08 PM »
Is it not / did it not use to be "4" ?  country is 2, range is 3 ... right? Or is my memory failing me?  :uhoh

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 02:11:58 PM »
Is it not / did it not use to be "4" ?  country is 2, range is 3 ... right? Or is my memory failing me?  :uhoh

your referring to the radio number not a channel. he is looking for a channel number to enter into the radio 5 or vox
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline Wedge1126

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 02:39:42 PM »
.radio 5 4
This will set your tunable vox to channel 4 which is your squad channel.
Wedge

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 02:58:31 PM »
your referring to the radio number not a channel.

No, I am not. Maybe you're just interpreting it that way :p

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 04:34:56 PM »
.radio 5 4
You may or may not be right I have never set my vox to squad this way, but the OP is trying to find a way to get someone who is not in squad yet onto his squad channel. What you are suggesting won't work for that situation (as far as I know)unless he is actually listed in the squad.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 09:17:10 PM »
If you tune your channel to "squad" with the text as the channel number ONLY people in the squad can tune. On the other hand some squads use a number "channel" as their squad channel (SAPP's is 138 as well as the 39th)

Offline Auger

• Nickel Member
      • AKs Home Page
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 10:55:10 PM »
Ah, I finally get what you are asking for.  Radio 5, which is commonly referred to as "squad vox" can be tuned to many different numbers.  Most squads tune it to a number between 100 and 199, which allows other players that are not actually members of the squad to talk.  There is no assigned number for a squad, though most have one that they always use.

You can also tune it to Squad, the one that has red text when typing.  Wedge has the command for that one above. 

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 02:39:22 PM »
.radio 5 4
its .radio 5 4 squad

while we are on the discussion of vox, can you have a vox of like 099? or is 100 as low as it goes?
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2008, 06:27:00 AM »
Actually lowest channel I believe is 101, highest is 299, everything inbetween should work.