Author Topic: <<More Clouds>>  (Read 872 times)

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
<<More Clouds>>
« on: December 05, 2008, 12:00:46 AM »
More low level clouds to duck and in hide in, there are some now but not nearly enough. As you know, you and your icon disspear in the thick cloud cover, which i think ads a cool realistic element, because in reality there arent that many perfectly clear cloudless days, there are usually alot of cumulus clouds and days when rain is possible cumulonimbus clouds.

cumulus clouds

cumulonimbus clouds

and here are some cloud heights
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 12:02:55 AM by CAVPFCDD »
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
Re: <<More Clouds>>
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 12:03:29 AM »
While I applaud the concept, I also know that my computer has apoplexy anytime a cool cloud/fog effect is within visual range.  So, do me a favor and give me a few months to upgrade before implementing cool stuff like this.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 09:47:23 AM »
How about overhauling the cloud system first? The one we have takes a few more system resources than other popular flight simulators. Afterward we can consider adding the whipping cream.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 10:41:55 AM »
While I applaud the concept, I also know that my computer has apoplexy anytime a cool cloud/fog effect is within visual range.  So, do me a favor and give me a few months to upgrade before implementing cool stuff like this.

lol, well christmas is coming up, theres a gift idea

i was in a furball last night in some low puffy clouds and we both kept ducking into the cloud cover and it was a ton of fun, i just thought there should be more of it spread through out the map, at the moment the atmospheric conditions are far from realistic
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 10:46:27 AM »
In Frame I of the Aleutians FSO VMF-251 and the Tomcatters snuck in to Dutch Harbor using the clouds as cover. Allied CAP never saw us until after we hit the target.

I'm all for the cat-and-mouse games in the weather patterns. I don't think the existing clouds impair visibility enough as it is (most of them you can see right through).

:aok
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 11:08:59 AM »
No offense but... get real mate :) It's 2008, nearly 2009. I had barely 50-100$ leeway in my budget every month for the last 4 years and still managed to pay for AH and keep hardware up to date.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 12:01:24 PM »
This would add yet another very fun level to the gameplay.  :aok

+1
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 08:01:37 PM »
More clouds would be fantastic, could you imagine using them for cover against the horde. :D A new level of game play indeed.

There has to be a reason why we don't already have more clouds already though.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline macerxgp

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 08:41:53 PM »
Not quite yet, please.

My NVidea GeForce FX 5500 barely handles the game as it is. Let the economy get back on it's feet before forcing me to upgrade everything else so that my rig can actually accept the upgrade that SHOULD cost me only 3o bucks but thanks to the rest of my hardware being so dated, I have to fix a ton of OTHER stuff as well. Anyone have a spare HDD controller?
Quote from: Saurdaukar
Operational kettles in August 2009 exceed operational pots by approximately 142%.

Your comparison is invalid.

DeMaskus
357th-Death Dragons

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 09:57:08 PM »
Not quite yet, please.

My NVidea GeForce FX 5500 barely handles the game as it is. Let the economy get back on it's feet before forcing me to upgrade everything else so that my rig can actually accept the upgrade that SHOULD cost me only 3o bucks but thanks to the rest of my hardware being so dated, I have to fix a ton of OTHER stuff as well. Anyone have a spare HDD controller?

My wife just bought a computer at goodwill for $15 that had two 6800s in it. Its for her family back home but still... 5500s?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline ShrkBite

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 10:15:42 PM »
Rain too!!

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2008, 04:01:01 AM »
:::Sigh:::  Not to be an bellybutton but...

Unfortunately, there is always someone who is going to say "not quite yet, please."  If everything had to be agreed upon 100% in this world, nothing would get done...
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline Cipher92

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2008, 12:55:12 PM »
idk  if any of u guys have seen IL-2 sturmvok videos on youtube but here is the likn to one, the clouds look real good in this game, al tho iv never played
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucq4JtH619w
the demon will rise from the ash of wars past

III/JG2

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2008, 02:48:23 PM »
Not quite yet, please.

Sorry, but I have an NVidia GeForce FX 5200 and I want this idea to go ahead.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2008, 09:49:36 PM »
More clouds would be awesome.

So would wind.  Have the wind be suttle (5-15mph), and every 20 minutes rotate the direction by 90 degrees so that it would be fair and square not to help or hinder any one team for too long.

Oh... and bring on the darkness a wee bit more as well.   ;)
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.